This assumes that you are interested in the device.

Please, no responses about how you wouldn't buy one anyway.

As well as my z10 is working now, I might but I will be more likely to wait until a price drops.

If it's 1.7 then I will likely buy within a month of release.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and AllanQuatermain like this.
    11-22-14 10:39 AM
    It's like ur going backwards buying that phone. Needs better specs but I guess that's why it's called the classic
    James Blight likes this.
    11-22-14 10:51 AM
    Another one of these threads? When will you get it that BB10 does not need killer specs for it to run efficiently, also if the specs were higher then the price would be higher and people would just get a Passport instead and yes I'll be getting a classic regardless of the specs because what I want is the physical keyboard and the answer/end keys.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 11:00 AM
    As far as I'm aware the Q10 and hell, even the Q5 still run pretty well, so I don't see a problem with it.

If anything, 1.5 is better since it will drain less battery.

As long as it's a newer processor, the clock speed is not as important.

Passport on Wind
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-22-14 11:02 AM
    Yes. I would. BB10 runs efficiently on the processors that are out there now. Why would it prevent someone from buying it?
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-22-14 11:11 AM
    The issue is being future proof.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 11:13 AM
    The issue is being future proof.

Posted via CB10
    Tell that to people who bought the iPhone 3. You cannot future proof something that has a shelf life of 3 years anyway. Do you still use your phone from 5 years ago? Doubtful. Your laptop from 10 years ago? You are over thinking it. There will be new technology that will EOL the phone anyway. With new communications standards and other features, you will never have a future proof phone. Think 5G and 6G.
    bungaboy and gfondeur like this.
    11-22-14 11:17 AM
    Tell that to people who bought the iPhone 3. You cannot future proof something that has a shelf life of 3 years anyway. Do you still use your phone from 5 years ago? Doubtful. Your laptop from 10 years ago? You are over thinking it. There will be new technology that will EOL the phone anyway. With new communications standards and other features, you will never have a future proof phone. Think 5G and 6G.
    I think what Dale is worried about is the expected upcoming functionality that allows the phone to make you a ham sandwich.
    manant155, bungaboy, q649 and 5 others like this.
    11-22-14 11:22 AM
    On Android.... yes..... on BB no....
    11-22-14 11:29 AM
    I think what Dale is worried about is the expected upcoming functionality that allows the phone to make you a ham sandwich.
    You need 8 cores for that.

Posted via CB10
    3vilPeT3, Someone7272 and gfondeur like this.
    11-22-14 11:32 AM
    Specs only matter to those who utilizes their phone to the max. MOST people with these high end phones aren't even using it to the fullest. Look at all the iphones. They don't have large Ghz processors or 3-4 gigs of RAM. And yet they have no problem selling them. Specs is tied more to the OS than anything. Give me a phone with an OS that runs smooth regardless of the specs. Oh wait, I'm using a Q10

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 11:37 AM
    I've got 10.3.1 loaded on my Q10 which has the 1.5 GHz processor. My device is never sluggish and everything is quick. So in reality, it doesn't even matter if it's 1.5 or higher; the 1.5 is sufficient for this device. The Q10 or Classic are not for playing video games, although even when I did use a couple of games a few times, they were also very quick so I'm not sure what the complaint would be. And for all those upgrading from legacy OSes, they'll be more than happy. I've yet to run into any occurrence where my 1.5 GHz processor has been slow.

Plus, the phone is only $499 ($449 in the US) so what do you expect for that price?
    11-22-14 11:43 AM

Plus, the phone is only $499 ($449 in the US) so what do you expect for that price?
    The Z30 is priced similarly and is on sale now for only $225. It has a much larger screen size & resolution, a better processor, and as big a battery as the pre-production Classic. So I'm expecting the final version Classic to at least match the Z30 in processor and battery. Q10 specs are unjustifiable at that price point. If it were $299-349 then two year old specs would be fine

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, anon(9184750) and NYTOC83 like this.
    11-22-14 12:08 PM
    From my understanding with 10.3.1 offers a good boost in performance on generation one blackberry devices, z10/Q10/Q5, since adobe air is gone and some other improvements. However, I can understand someone not wanting to go backward if they already have a Z30 and want to go back to a keyboard phone with the toolbelt. For someone upgrading from a BBOS phone, then the Classic is an upgrade in everything.
    11-22-14 12:11 PM
    It's like ur going backwards buying that phone. Needs better specs but I guess that's why it's called the classic
    How is it like going backwards? It's the only phone of it's kind in existence....so that means forwards.
    11-22-14 12:12 PM
    I just don't get why BB would not just put a better processor even if the phone does not need it. That's what people want so why not just give it to them. It's all about perception and how much more can it cost anyways.
    Mr4aces, mfurman and Bobert_123 like this.
    11-22-14 12:13 PM
    I just don't get why BB would not just put a better processor even if the phone does not need it. That's what people want so why not just give it to them. It's all about perception and how much more can it cost anyways.
    For better battery maybe? And to keep the price reasonable?

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer and gfondeur like this.
    11-22-14 12:23 PM
    It is simple, they are trying to keep the price as low as possible to get those BBOS users to switch and still sell the device at a profit.
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-22-14 12:29 PM
    What people? Ask the average person what processor is in their phone and they have no idea. Ask them why they bought the phone and they say "because it runs this app, or because it's cool, or because it has a large screen", etc. etc. Do you think the millions of Iphones with lower specs sold.....becasue of specs? Nobody cares. They use the phone and decide if they like it....they don't care HOW it does what it does.

And YES, it costs more. That's the entire reason why specs in any device of any kind would be limited.
    11-22-14 12:38 PM
    There's nothing that's going to come in tech in the foreseeable future that would require high end specs on a 3.5 inch keyboarded phone. The only thing I can think of is oculus rift/virtual reality and I can't see that even being an option for a few years anyway (including Samsungs recent effort)

1.5 is fine. I have a z30 now. I doubt I'll notice much a difference. I just grabbed a Kindle with a 1.5 quad core processor and it lags way more than my 1.7 dual core z30. That shows me it's not the hardware alone. It's all about how efficient the OS is. I'm not worried about the classic.

I'll be buying it.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:43 PM
    Now there is logic for you. The phone doesn't need a better processor, but put it in anyway. That means higher price and less battery life. If it is not going to make the product any better and in fact reduce it's functionality, it shouldn't be in there.
    11-22-14 12:48 PM
    What people? Ask the average person what processor is in their phone and they have no idea. Ask them why they bought the phone and they say "because it runs this app, or because it's cool, or because it has a large screen", etc. etc. Do you think the millions of Iphones with lower specs sold.....becasue of specs? Nobody cares. They use the phone and decide if they like it....they don't care HOW it does what it does.

And YES, it costs more. That's the entire reason why specs in any device of any kind would be limited.
    You are so right. I know so many people who have smart phones and almost no one can tell me what processor it has, how much RAM, what version of the OS they have. They can't even tell me what the resolution of the screen. For them, it is phone calls, apps, and battery life.
    Evindzer and gfondeur like this.
    11-22-14 12:51 PM
    As long as it runs smoothly who cares. Majority of the people here on crackberry care more about the number instead of how it performs.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    11-22-14 12:53 PM
    I will buy it, because I need a compact full-QWERTY device which can make me work fast and productive. Now I have Passport for personal use (there's my own SIM-card inside it) and Q10 for work purposes (with corporate SIM). During my business trips I use Q10, but I remember those days when I sported 9900 and was super-productive on that phone. Q10 is a nice device, but obviously Classic will be better. So, like I said, yes, I'm buying it for job's matters. I just hope for a reasonable price. And I don't really care about the specs as long as it's running smooth and is bugs free.

For all the power I have my Passport, which is truly a beast of a device!
    11-22-14 01:31 PM
    Maybe, I think I'll wait for the classic 2.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    11-22-14 01:35 PM
161 123 ...