You are correct.
    I purchased 3 new classics on amazon for $299
    03-14-17 08:56 AM
    Ahhhhh. Stupid question.
    Crackberry become a place of kidding and sharing stupid ideas.
    03-14-17 09:04 AM
    Ahhhhh. Stupid question.
    Crackberry become a place of kidding and sharing stupid ideas.
    "Become" ?
    03-14-17 11:20 AM
    This may be an ignorant question, but if BB (the official Canadian company) is the one still writing the software, why would the hardware companies have anything to do with what OS goes into it? Don't they basically just load into the phone whatever BB sends?

And if this is so, why wouldn't BB keep building on their (I think anyway) superior OS, the 10 series? Is it b/c of the hundreds (1,000's?) of apps? I may be unusual but I didn't by a phone to entertain me, ergo why I don't have an "I - phone". I actually still miss the ability to sync with the old playbook, and haven't delved into sync with my computer yet - but will when I can sit and focus.

And just fwiw - I found a classic on Amazon for $150 the other day. unlocked. Seems to be in perfect shape - and I'm in love! lol Seriously, I'm glad I found it on a deal b/c with all of this talk of the OS fading away, I couldn't justify spending $3-4hundred like I did with my Q10 2 years ago when they and Tmobile had a falling out. But I HAD to replace the 3g (can't remember the model) cuz I couldn't get through a conversation without losing most of it. Drove me crazy and it's a biz phone so was very unprofessional.

Ciao!
    03-15-17 07:46 AM
    This may be an ignorant question, but if BB (the official Canadian company) is the one still writing the software, why would the hardware companies have anything to do with what OS goes into it? Don't they basically just load into the phone whatever BB sends?

And if this is so, why wouldn't BB keep building on their (I think anyway) superior OS, the 10 series? Is it b/c of the hundreds (1,000's?) of apps? I may be unusual but I didn't by a phone to entertain me, ergo why I don't have an "I - phone". I actually still miss the ability to sync with the old playbook, and haven't delved into sync with my computer yet - but will when I can sit and focus.

And just fwiw - I found a classic on Amazon for $150 the other day. unlocked. Seems to be in perfect shape - and I'm in love! lol Seriously, I'm glad I found it on a deal b/c with all of this talk of the OS fading away, I couldn't justify spending $3-4hundred like I did with my Q10 2 years ago when they and Tmobile had a falling out. But I HAD to replace the 3g (can't remember the model) cuz I couldn't get through a conversation without losing most of it. Drove me crazy and it's a biz phone so was very unprofessional.

Ciao!
    It's a LITTLE bit ignorant but only because it's been an ongoing discussion on here since the companies pivot to Android.

Basically, they are not legally able to make Android phones that comply with the terms set out by the OHA while continuing to also produce phones that run their own OS which also included a forked version of Android.

Secondly, even if this weren't the case (or if there were some sort of loopholes in the agrement they could find since technically BlackBerry the software company doesn't manufacture devices anymore), it's not financially feasible for them to continue to develop and maintain two different OS's. They would essentially be competing with themselves and that doesn't make much sense.

Their new direction is Android and hopefully they will continue to bring their software features that we loved about BB10 over so that we won't be missing much. By the looks of things they are actually doing a decent job. For every feature Android is missing from BB10, there are many more features they've added that we never saw on BB10.
    03-15-17 02:53 PM
    Who would support the software? I for example purchased 4 new Classic phones because it's the best phone I've ever had.
    I purchased 2x Q10s 1 Passport and I've found a new blue Classic that is very tempting me hehe (this guy got 5 of them...)

But I've got 3 lines 2 business and one private so I am OK with many phones on my desk

via Passport OG
    03-15-17 03:47 PM
    Verizon will be the first to roll out 5G. But 4G. Will stay to but if you have the Verizon blackberry classic you safe for a long time also if you have the Q 10 And the Z30. Or the Z10 you good like the blackberry Storm 1 and 2. I can Activate on Verizon the blackberry work great on Verizon CDMA AND THE New software update 10.3.3 it's working great on all of my BB

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 02:49 PM
    Well, Leicester won last years premiership, we voted for Brexit and Donald Trump became POTUS. Only an ***** would rule out the improbable at this stage.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 03:18 PM
    Yes. Of course, another new is launching at 31st April.
    03-25-17 12:48 PM
    Santa Claus will be the one making BB10 phones, so be good all year, and he will bring you one for Christmas.
    03-25-17 08:42 PM
    Well, Leicester won last years premiership, we voted for Brexit and Donald Trump became POTUS. Only an ***** would rule out the improbable at this stage.

Posted via CB10
    This happening is President Vardy announcing that the United States will leave the EU, though.
    03-26-17 12:15 AM
    Yes. Of course, another new is launching at 31st April.

is that real ? new classic?
    03-26-17 09:53 AM
    is that real ? new classic?
    No.
    03-26-17 10:00 AM
    Well said! Ha. It's easy for folks who've been around here a few years to be lulled into that very idea.

No lulling required - that is literally the case - read the disclaimer at the bottom of any crackberry pages:

"We also work as a community support and marketing partner with BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile".
    07-07-17 02:06 AM
39 12