I had been a loyal Blackberry user for over 5 years, when I strayed away to an Android device (Samsung Note 3) shortly after the Z10 launch. Having been a loyal Blackberry user for so long (and a corporate user and not a consumer user), I truly enjoyed everything that Blackberry embodied - a truly efficient communication device. I also had a Blackberry cradle charger next to my night stand, and a Blackberry leather case strapped to my hip for every Blackberry model that I owned - everything Blackberry. I left the Blackberry fold because it just seemed to me that the promises Blackberry was making regarding the availability of apps was either never going to materialize or was too distant in the future, and the efficiencies that were at the core of what was Blackberry seemed to have been lost with the launch of the new BB10 operating system. Not to mention, that with the release of the Z10, Blackberry stopped making cradle chargers and many other accessories for its devices.

It now appears (hopefully) that Blackberry has listened to its customer base and will be launching the Classic with the keyboard and track pad that we all loved and continued to desire, and has put back into the operating system many of the features and efficiencies that many of us old time Blackberry users had missed with the launch of BB10. The BB10 operating system has matured and stabilized, and is a very powerful and efficient OS to use. The question in my mind is not if I'll get the new Classic, but when. The driving factor for me will be the availability of accessories that are designed and built by Blackberry to properly work with the Classic. I don't know if I'm unique in wanting Blackberry made accessories or not, but they have always been made with the same attention to detail that we have come to expect from Blackberry, and the other accessories just don't seem to have the same quality. Do you think Blackberry will now continue to listen to its base and provide a complete line of accessories as well for the Classic?
    12-01-14 04:55 PM
    I think they will offer a full line of accessories. Like you, I always had cradle chargers (love bedside mode btw), holsters, and sleeves. All BlackBerry of course.

I think the Classic will definitely come with headphones and maybe/hopefully a leather sleeve? I always prefer my BlackBerry devices naked with tempered glass screen protectors so I'm good on aftermarket cases.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 06:41 PM
    I hope so, though the Passport launch doesn't make me feel confident that there will be.

John Chen said there would be high end accessories available at launch or shortly thereafter, and really, there wasn't much. There was a hardshell in black and white. Oh, and screen protectors too.

The other accessories for it are the leather cases, which look kind of cool, but those took months. The hardshell case doesn't even adequately protect the device (I have one). It would be cool if they had bumper cases, or even a case by BlackBerry like the Amzer Pudding case (which I also have.. it protects the whole frame of the phone).

The BlackBerry of yesteryear at least did ONE thing great: they always had accessories. They had leather holsters (often included with the device), leather sleeves (sometimes included in place of the holster), gel skins, etc. I can't even count how many gel skins from BlackBerry I had for my 8800, 8320, 8900 and 9000. BlackBerry is capable of making cool cases, so I wish they'd bring some with the Classic and to the Passport too.
    12-01-14 09:10 PM
    Unlikely to be much on offer at launch given how the Passport has been treated.
    12-02-14 04:02 AM
    Crackberry is selling the OEM leather holster and pocket. Just ordered mine!!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 07:04 PM