Currently still rocking a 9700, but very willing to buy a Classic if it will be able to do the following:
    1. Keypad shortcuts. Everyone knows the BBOS shortcuts - would be important to have those on the Classic.
    2. Photo as wallpaper. We've all seen those boring screens with the endless array of icons. Give me the ability to use one of my photos as wallpaper.
    3. Currently - thanks to QuickLaunch - I can do virtually anything with at most two keypresses. Let's keep this "get it done quickly" methodology on the Classic!
    4. Thanks to BerryBuzz, I can have a different color flashing light, to identify whether I've received an e-mail (& from which account), a text message, a missed call, a picture message, etc. This helps you know exactly what is going on - the Classic must have this!
    5. Finally - great battery life and a great camera. Now, if the Classic has these things -basically all the goodness of Blackberry OS (with some 3rd-party add-ons) plus all the greatness of BB10 (10.3?) - count me in!
    07-15-14 10:59 AM
    the only thing you will be missing is quick launch because that app has not been made for BB10
    most keyboard shortcuts still exist as does universal search and a pretty good voice assistant in the leaked 10.3 builds
    bebuzz is there
    wallpaper you can use what ever picture you want same for the lock screen.
    battery life will depend on the size they stick in it but the z30 is serious on the weekends i can go 48hr during the week its about 20hr per charge. camera is great too though low light leaves something to be desired
    07-15-14 11:46 AM
    Keypad shortcuts are no where near what we had on BBOS, and having no Quicklaunch hinders me exponentially in some areas. You just have to do a few extra steps to get some things done now. Universal search is actually annoying to me and I refuse to use it just like in other OS's which is why I had it turned off to use the Quicklaunch app.
    07-15-14 12:22 PM
    Well, I guess there's both good and bad in your replies. Obviously, there's a lot to be gained with the Classic, but there's also some niceties that we'll lose from BBOS. It appears the trade-off will be worth it. Maybe we'll get some surprises with the Classic.
    07-15-14 06:42 PM
    Mostly, yes.
    07-16-14 08:18 AM
    I think your needs will be mostly covered, and in the meantime, probably totally after some updates.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 12:56 PM
    Keypad shortcuts are no where near what we had on BBOS, and having no Quicklaunch hinders me exponentially in some areas. You just have to do a few extra steps to get some things done now. Universal search is actually annoying to me and I refuse to use it just like in other OS's which is why I had it turned off to use the Quicklaunch app.
    I so agree with you on the keyboard shortcuts thing. They are NOWHERE near to what they were on BBOS. BBOS was made keeping the keyboard in mind. Dont feel the same way about BB10. What is Quicklaunch?
    07-18-14 01:13 PM
    QuickLaunch is a must-have program for BBOS. It allows you to do virtually anything with just two keypresses - from launching any application to phrases you have stored in it, to launching websites, to quickly capture any page on a website and store it as a picture (or send it), and the list goes on. It will be hard to use a BB without these time-saving functions!
    07-18-14 07:19 PM