Hello all,

I just switched to T-Mobile and I'm traveling out of the country for almost two months.
    T-Mobile offers a great feature that allows you to call the US for free using their app called WiFi Calling.
    Unfortunately I didn't buy the phone through them, but I have an unlocked one. For this reason the app cannot be downloaded.
    Can anybody help me find a way to get it?

WiFi Calling app by T-Mobile-img_20160526_162007.png

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 09:20 AM
    Hi, which phone do you have? Also if you search the forum you can find the .bar file, you will need to side load it. If you have Tmobile you should have free data roaming in over 120 countries and can also use bbm to make video calls.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 09:25 AM
    Hi, which phone do you have? Also if you search the forum you can find the .bar file, you will need to side load it. If you have Tmobile you should have free data roaming in over 120 countries and can also use bbm to make video calls.

Posted via CB10
    Hi!
    I have a brand new Classic.
    For what they told me I have unlimited data on 2G.
    But I would like to be able to call regular phones and receive when needed since I'm often under WiFi coverage.
    I will look for the post that has the .bar file.
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 10:36 AM
    Hello all,

I just switched to T-Mobile and I'm traveling out of the country for almost two months.
    T-Mobile offers a great feature that allows you to call the US for free using their app called WiFi Calling.
    Unfortunately I didn't buy the phone through them, but I have an unlocked one. For this reason the app cannot be downloaded.
    Can anybody help me find a way to get it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160526_162007.png 
Views:	264 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	400721

Posted via CB10

Make sure you are using an OS that is WFC functional... I recommend you use OS 10.3.2.2789 ... If you are using an OS that doesn't support WFC it just won't happen... As stated above you may want to load the WFC bar file, but that shouldn't be needed...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 02:58 PM
    Make sure you are using an OS that is WFC functional... I recommend you use OS 10.3.2.2789 ... If you are using an OS that doesn't support WFC it just won't happen... As stated above you may want to load the WFC bar file, but that shouldn't be needed...

Posted via CB10
    I got 10.3.2.556
    Last edited by irenejazz; 05-26-16 at 04:34 PM.
    05-26-16 03:03 PM
    I got 10.3.2.556
    Yeah, probably want to dump that... It's an AT&T OS release http://m.crackberry.com/att-official...rt-and-classic so most likely that is the issue... I am using the T-Mobile issued Classic and am on 10.3.2.2789 and my WFC is functioning no issues...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 09:13 PM
    Yeah, probably want to dump that... It's an AT&T OS release AT&T officially releases OS 10.3.2.556 for Passport and Classic | CrackBerry.com so most likely that is the issue... I am using the T-Mobile issued Classic and am on 10.3.2.2789 and my WFC is functioning no issues...

Posted via CB10
    When I called T-Mobile they explained to me that the app is available ONLY on phones that are T-Mobile. More than the version of the Software is the phone company that issued the phone. Matter of fact, she said that it's automatically on the phone as a native app when first purchase.

I still hope I can get the .bar file and have it running on my Classic.
    05-27-16 04:11 AM
    When I called T-Mobile they explained to me that the app is available ONLY on phones that are T-Mobile. More than the version of the Software is the phone company that issued the phone. Matter of fact, she said that it's automatically on the phone as a native app when first purchase.

I still hope I can get the .bar file and have it running on my Classic.
    No not true at all despite what they said... I also have an unlocked shopBlackBerry cobalt blue Classic running10.3.2.2789 and it runs perfectly on T-Mobile's network... Also visit the T-Mobile forum here on CB and you will see many people running WFC on unlocked devices, including the Passport which T-Mobile didn't even sell... Just update your OS to one that is WFC compatible and NOT AT&T specific and WFC will work... You are using an OS built specifically for AT&T, why would T-Mobile WFC function on their OS? Use an autoloader and update to. 2789 and it WILL work without issue...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 05-28-16 at 10:28 AM.
    05-27-16 04:14 PM
    Yes, you want OS 2789. I have it on my wife's t-mo classic and an unlocked blue phone and both get WFC perfectly. There are other OS that work with Classic but 2789 is nice and stable and I think it's the OS T-mo pushed to activate WFC on the Classic. Just go grab an autoloader.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    05-28-16 09:41 AM
    No not true at all despite what they said... I also have an unlocked shopBlackBerry cobalt blue Classic running10.3.2.2789 and it runs perfectly on T-Mobile's network... Also visit the T-Mobile forum here on CB and you will see many people running WFC on unlocked devices, including the Passport which T-Mobile didn't even sell... Just update your OS to one that is WFC compatible and NOT AT&T specific and WFC will work... You are using an OS built specifically for AT&T, why would T-Mobile WFC function on their OS? Use an autoloader and update to. 2789 and it WILL work without issue...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Cool, but how do I do so?
    When I go on Software Updates that is the only version that I see.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 08:44 AM
    Cool, but how do I do so?
    When I go on Software Updates that is the only version that I see.

Posted via CB10
    You have to use an autoloader... Here is the link to 10.3.2.2789 http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...aders-1040826/

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 04:48 PM
    You have to use an autoloader... Here is the link to 10.3.2.2789 http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...aders-1040826/

Posted via CB10
    Wonderful!
    Thank you so much

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 03:20 AM