I received my new blue unlocked Classic from ShopBlackBerry USA yesterday. I plugged it in for almost 7 hours; it doesn't want to take a charge and it won't boot up. The drained battery icon is the only thing to show on the screen, even after almost 7 hours. I substituted the USB cable and charging block that I use on my Q10, but that did not make a difference. What do I do?!?!? Please help!! I have owned a BlackBerry since December of 2006, and have never had any issues right out of the box.
    10-09-15 06:49 AM
    Bad batch perhaps. The first Classic I bought from AT&T did that too, I had to take it back to swap it out. Now I have one that work just fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 06:55 AM
    I purchased from ShopBlackberry USA. Dealing at a distance is difficult for me because I cannot use a phone with my bad hearing. Any other possibilities?
    10-09-15 07:24 AM
    What I meant is, aren't there other possibilities than a bad batch? Could there be ANYTHING that I can do at home?
    10-09-15 09:11 AM
    Does the Micro USB port even recognize that anything is plugged into it, like to your PC?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 12:48 PM
    Thank you for your help. The micro USB port recognized my charger, but still would not take a charge. I took it to my tech shop where they know me, and got it checked out well. Their opinion was DOA, so send it back to ShopBlackBerry. Due to my hearing loss, they handled all the details by phone for me. So I shipped it out, and it is now in transit. They had tried to get a replacement, but with the out of stock situation for the blue Classic, it was a real hassle to find anyone who would offer to replace it. It seems that a refund was the only option at that time.
    10-13-15 10:36 AM
    Having similar problems on a black BB Classic. Have done a lot of reading. One thing you can try...

Plug in USB cable. If you don't see a red or orange led indicating that it's charging, hold down the power button until you see the Red LED. Should charge now. Will probably also turn on when it reaches a sufficient charge level.

Let us know if that got you running.

Roveer
    10-14-15 04:25 PM
    Use computer to charge your phone

Dead battery bug

Search in forums for keywords... I don't know if already solved
    10-14-15 06:47 PM
    Bought a wireless charger from Amazon. Works great!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 05:27 PM