When I lock my screen and put my Classic in my pocket, the bedside mode window inevitably comes down and that puts up the small alarm "window" at the bottom of the screen, and so while in my pocket the phone decides I have pressed this and that and it changes the alarm settings, its very annoying.

I cannot delete the alarm (it is there by default) and turning the alarm off doesn't help (the window remains there in bedside mode) and I cant turn off the bedside mode dark window that slides down from the top.

Any suggestions? I just want my Classic to lock when I tell it to lock; not change alarm settings...
    06-17-15 07:04 PM
    I'll never understand anyone who puts a phone in their pants pocket...be it the front or back ones. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

Shirt pockets...suit jacket pockets...understandable. But with sitting down, standing up and bending over that can wreck a phone, especially without a case.

To each their own I guess.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    donemt likes this.
    06-17-15 07:18 PM
    Frank, not everyone wears pants as tight as John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. I wear loose fitting jeans or shorts with plenty of space to easily carry a phone as big as classic or Z30. That's when I might go out for a walk, listening to my headphones with the phone in my pocket!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 07:46 PM
    I have a holster. Seems to solve a lot of logistics issues.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.840
    06-18-15 12:34 PM
    Hi OP, I just turned off the swipe to wake function in the display settings. Of course, you now have to push the top power button to wake up and use the phone, but it solved my problem.
    Hope this works for you.

Posted via CB10
    double_fault likes this.
    06-18-15 01:10 PM
    I'll never understand anyone who puts a phone in their pants pocket...be it the front or back ones. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

Shirt pockets...suit jacket pockets...understandable. But with sitting down, standing up and bending over that can wreck a phone, especially without a case.

You can't understand..... really?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 01:14 PM
    If you don't want to accidentally wake the phone while it's in your pants, here are your options:

-get a pouch, holders, case...
    -make sure the screen is facing away from your body
    -disable swipe to unlock
    -some wallet or money clips are magnetic, so use that to lock your phone while in your pocket

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 01:18 PM
    I stuff mine into my tighty whiteys. It stays warm that way.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    06-18-15 02:26 PM
    Hi OP, I just turned off the swipe to wake function in the display settings. Of course, you now have to push the top power button to wake up and use the phone, but it solved my problem.
    Hope this works for you.

Posted via CB10
    THIS ^^

But to add more, I enjoy my set-up to unlock screen which is to turn off the Swipe to Wake as mentioned above (System Settings - Display - Swipe to Wake)

Why won't my BlackBerry Classic just behave while in my pocket?-img_20150618_161049.png

But then I like to use my Power/Lock key at the top of my device to unlock it (System Settings - Security and Privacy - Lock Screen - Allow Power/Lock)

Why won't my BlackBerry Classic just behave while in my pocket?-img_20150618_161349.png

This has been perfect for me, maybe you'd enjoy it as well AND it won't 'misbehave' while pocketed...

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 03:15 PM
    Its the easy to press top button that's an issue for me when the phone is in my pockets. Especially if I put the phone in upside down in my pockets.

There needs to be a better solution to pocket dialing.
    06-18-15 06:38 PM

some of us don't have secret service to carry our devices for us, FYI I use your ringtone on my classic lol

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 07:28 PM
    some of us don't have secret service to carry our devices for us, FYI I use your ringtone on my classic lol

Posted via CB10
    Not even Meecham gets a hold of my BlackBerry and I trust him with my life and my wife.

That ringtone gets the ladies every time doesn't it?

TorchFrank likes this.
    06-18-15 08:59 PM
    To the OP: I carry my classic in my pocket as well. And have the same concerns. Not just you.

Seems to me that when the top button is used to lock the phone, the top button should be the ONLY thing that unlocks it.

Listening BlackBerry?

Tim.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 06:55 AM
    If you're going to have your device in your pockets, expect bad stuff to happen. Whether it's breaking the screen, pocket dialing, bending the device, sitting on it, whatever... If it must be in your pocket, buy the leather pouch.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 01:00 AM
    Helpful there bucky.

Regardless of where the device is placed (desktop, pocket purse, center console of yer car, etc) it should not activate unless explicitly desired by the user. "Accidental" should not happen. Notably, the 9900 was not plagued by such an oversight in programming design.

Tim.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 05:47 PM
    I stuff mine into my tighty whiteys. It stays warm that way.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    While in the process of reducing your reproductive faculties? Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 06:20 PM
    PocketSafe is out now, and you can get it free for a limited time (promo ends August 1st).

Promo code:
    POCKETSAFEFREE

If you prefer paying for it , head over here :
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59967056

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 09:37 PM
    PocketSafe is the only solution and it works perfectly on my Passport. It not only prevents pocket calling but also protects you from muting or dialing when you press the phone to your face during a call.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 10:23 PM
    +1 turning off swipe-to-wake. I just use U + Enter key to wake it, or just press any key on the toolbelt to check lockscreen notifications.

From a Classic
    07-29-15 10:29 AM
    Hope this works for you.

Posted via CB10
    This will take care of the **** dialing. Happens even more often with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 11:48 AM
    Disabling swipe to wake doesn't keep this from happening. If you hit any of the number keys on the classic the screen will activate. Both my passport and my classic will pocket dial, txt, open apps etc wtih swipe to wake disabled.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    07-29-15 01:08 PM
    Swipe to wake does note disable touching keypad buttons and the screen combination. Your phone in a pocket can still wake up.
    Additionally, the touching the top power button still require s touching the screen.
    The Classic suffers from software written for phones without a keypad.
    The old Bold 9900/9930 never had any issues 'waking up' and becoming active in a pocket.
    The Classic is comprised in this feature.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-30-15 08:50 AM
    Swipe to wake does note disable touching keypad buttons and the screen combination. Your phone in a pocket can still wake up.
    Additionally, the touching the top power button still require s touching the screen.
    The Classic suffers from software written for phones without a keypad.
    The old Bold 9900/9930 never had any issues 'waking up' and becoming active in a pocket.
    The Classic is comprised in this feature.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Is this really a common occurrence for people? Did you have the same issues with the Q10?

I believe you, and I think I've had this happen to me a few times. Kind of a shame if this happens with any regularity. How could it be fixed?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 09:36 AM
    Hope you got the code for pocketsafe app for free..

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-30-15 11:05 AM
    Is this really a common occurrence for people? Did you have the same issues with the Q10?

I believe you, and I think I've had this happen to me a few times. Kind of a shame if this happens with any regularity. How could it be fixed?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does happen quite often. Oddly enough I never noticed that the issue when I used the Q10. I think because when I used the Q10 the OS didn't support keyboard shortcuts so the keyboard wouldn't activate the screen.

I never had a single pocket dial with legacy BlackBerry devices. Just another case of BlackBerry failing at reinventing something that they already had in place.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    07-30-15 01:03 PM
39 12