A possible workaround for text messages is to delete the conversation where only the contact's number is shown, and then create a fresh new text conversation.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 01:58 PM
    i realize this is an old thread but i just wanted to post up my solution... i had the same issue where randomly i would get calls and not know who it was from, it would either show unidentified or sometimes it would just show the number... after the call is answered, it will show in the call log who it was... i'm not sure when this started for me but it was quite annoying... i searched through the cb forum and wasn't successful at finding a solution... i then found something on a tmobile support post about resetting caller id settings... since i have a tmobile branded phone with tmobile service, i figured what the hell... i did it and it worked... i'm now seeing the contact name when a call arrives... i'm not sure if this will help others with a different carrier but maybe it will point you guys in the right direction.

the instructions for resetting the caller id settings on tmobile was to dial *31#yourphonenumber and then send... so if your phone number was (123)456-7890 you would dial *31#1234567890 and then send/call.

if i recall, it actually rang a few times and then something answered and then nothing... i thought it wasn't going to work but then i slowly noticed that my caller id was working properly.

good luck everyone
    03-03-16 12:11 PM
27 12