Have downloaded and followed cobalts guidelines to install google play store. Following are the issues that's kind of bugging -

A) I had downloaded apps from the play store. I deleted the icons on the desktop as I wanted to reinstall the app. Google play store gives option to open or uninstall (this means the app is not unistalled from the device). Never the less I try and uninstall the app and the play store screens disappears in couple of seconds. Experience the same when I revisit. Not been able to unistalled or get the app icon back on my BlackBerry classic desktop!! How to unistall the apps? Or get the icons back on the desktop? Have installed 'unstaller apps' too(3 of them)- all of them unable to uninstall - screen disappears in 2 seconds when prompting to uninstall

B) several app (namely trackid, ola etc) - they say ''the app relies on Google play services and which is not supported in your device''. I did follow cobalts link and installed google play services and an icon of google settings is there on the desktop though.

Can anyone help?
    06-05-16 08:12 AM
    06-05-16 08:31 AM
    You gotta download the android runtime update from blackberry world

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 05:05 PM
    Blackberry world doesn't have "android runtime"!! Any one else has a solution to this?
    06-09-16 11:55 AM
    second post
    06-09-16 11:58 AM
    Blackberry world doesn't have "android runtime"!! Any one else has a solution to this?
    Here...
    Why doesn't 'uninstalling' work?-img_20160611_020624.png

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 02:07 PM
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918
    06-10-16 02:39 PM
    jhimmel - thanks for the lead but the link shows the below msg :-
    Unknown item
    The requested item does not exist or is not available. (EC )
    To return to the home page please click here
    06-11-16 02:21 AM
    arif b sentoso :- how do i get to that screen? you have a link to share?
    thanks in adv
    06-11-16 02:23 AM
    It's on BBW. Keywords BlackBerry Runtime for android.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 06:42 PM
    BBW show nothing on the prompt to search "Blackberry Runtime for android"
    06-12-16 01:09 AM
    jhimmel - thanks for the lead but the link shows the below msg :-
    Unknown item
    The requested item does not exist or is not available. (EC )
    To return to the home page please click here
    Try -
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39879918

Must use your device browser, and it should NOT be in "Desktop Mode".
    arif b santoso likes this.
    06-12-16 01:28 AM
    hi jhimmel the link (NOT in the desktop mode) says that "the page you have requested has been moved or no longer exists.
    06-14-16 11:59 AM
    I was trying too and also without success. Any link provided for BlackBerry World opened the BlackBerry world main page and that's it. When I tried to write "Android runtime reset" it said...No result found. In case for "Blackberry runtime for Android" it shown so other apps and nothing else. Similar thread on Passport forum, tried to find it with my Classic and Passport and NOTHING.
    06-15-16 12:29 PM
    it's working try this link. I just did and it popped up. Have downloaded the file, opened it and it's initialising since then. Once it's done wd have to restart my device. Try this link which conite had posted it above - http://www.crackberry.com/if-youve-b...update-try-now

please note :- after installation of the file - there wd be an open to open the file. DONOT open. Just restart the device and dont touch you phone for 15 minutes or about.

please take care that you switch off the desktop mode and run this link rather than looking for the runtime for android in the blackberry world.

Its working for me and I am able to uninstall unwanted apps!! Thanks to Conite for helping me to solve this!!

Cheers!!
    06-15-16 11:08 PM
    When I download from Google play and want to uninstall from there it crashes but I uninstall using Google ID I click on the three dots on the top right corner and click on android settings then it will give you the android 4.3 settings menu and go to apps and then uninstall the app I downloaded from there

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 01:08 AM
    hi, i've followed the instructions and its still not working for me. i followed the link, restarted without opening, although i didn't wait for 15 mins as suggested in this post. is there any way of deleting it and then re installing android runtime. i've now wiped my phone 5 times, becoming quite the expert at it. running 2876. its been a while since i used a blackberry, since the days of fixing a bricked device so please do give me a turn around to this, would really like to make use of google play. so far i'm thinking of using sachesi to install 10.3.2.2639, would this clear up the problem?
    06-16-16 12:39 PM
    dont have enough knowledge to tell you if sachesi installation will resolve this issue.

i have followed several threads in crackberry - read them, struggled for a week to get this done and it finally happened after when i did what conite had suggested.

suggest dont swpipe and please load the runtime again. dont open it after its installed and let the phone take time to settle down (10 to 15 minutes). it should work
    06-16-16 10:52 PM
    thank, will try now, so difficult not to play with it
    will let u know what happens
    06-17-16 12:05 PM
    18.16, started the reloading, im gonna wait till 7pm and then try to download cobalt's apk for play store and through the process and see what happens.
    question should i open runtime or just download and see what happens
    06-17-16 01:10 PM
    yesss, its workingm although just realised that cobalts file share service is not downloading as apk. thanks for the help. let me post this in his thread
    06-17-16 01:35 PM
    yesss, its workingm although just realised that cobalts file share service is not downloading as apk. thanks for the help. let me post this in his thread
    When using your mobile browser, you have to add the extension yourself. That's all.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    06-17-16 01:37 PM
    thanks for that cobalt, took me forever to understand that, feel like sucha newbie. so happy that i can now run these apps, all thanks to Cobalt.
    i do now however have a different issue, after reading through his page on how to patch apps and whitelist them, ive tried it with google cast but it keeps saying that you need play services to run it. so the process i done was

download cast from play store
    install and then open. i get the error that play services needs to be installed

so then i tried this method
    downloaded google cast
    then went to white list but its already added so i updated signiture, still the same issue. and i know that cobalt said that thats already prespoofed. so what am i doing wrong? gonna fiddle about with it a bit more till i work it out or till i get some help
    06-19-16 05:25 PM
    thanks for that cobalt, took me forever to understand that, feel like sucha newbie. so happy that i can now run these apps, all thanks to Cobalt.
    i do now however have a different issue, after reading through his page on how to patch apps and whitelist them, ive tried it with google cast but it keeps saying that you need play services to run it. so the process i done was

download cast from play store
    install and then open. i get the error that play services needs to be installed

so then i tried this method
    downloaded google cast
    then went to white list but its already added so i updated signiture, still the same issue. and i know that cobalt said that thats already prespoofed. so what am i doing wrong? gonna fiddle about with it a bit more till i work it out or till i get some help
    I'm pretty supper you have to uninstall the unpatched before you patch it and install the patched app
    06-19-16 05:52 PM
    yesss, finally done it, quite cool how youtube works with the casting, i thought id try it out and all of a sudden my tv turned on. so yeah, downlaoded without installing, sent to computer and patched it and then installed. all working now. now im trying to get the flash browser to work, ill see how far i get with that, but thanks for all the help. i love blackberrys and i cant believe i was away from it for soooo long .
    seems ive got that working, i feel like downloading all of play store and just upoloading it onto my phone, for the fun of it. but alas, mans worst enemy, sleeeep. have a good nights sleep, and dollface, your dp looks real dolled up
    dollface likes this.
    06-19-16 06:29 PM
33 12