many many years of using blackberry for the simple reason the fantastic keyboard but what a poor camera and lack of good blackberry applications has really disappointed me ..

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 04:18 AM
    Trust me, you're not alone.
    05-16-16 05:51 AM
    Been there ... Did that .
    05-16-16 07:05 AM
    ...because - regardless of the poor camera, lack of cool/popular apps, sometimes mega-slow performance and inability to run core social apps properly (FB, Twitter, Linkedin, etc) - the keyboard is an absolute BLAST to type with, I wish they made this keyboard on every phone

BBM @ 2C1C340C / Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    Blackberry4Shizzle likes this.
    05-16-16 10:49 AM
    Hi guys,

Knowing how Blackberry has turned to Android, will you still buy a Blackberry Classic? or will you wait for the Rome?

Thanks
    05-16-16 11:11 AM
    Hi guys,

Knowing how Blackberry has turned to Android, will you still buy a Blackberry Classic? or will you wait for the Rome?

Thanks
    I wouldn't make that decision until we know more about the new phone.

I mean... what if BlackBerry pulls another stupid keyboard stunt... but this time, instead of taking away the ALT and shift keys, they take away letters too!

Or! They could put the space bar at the top of the keyboard, instead of in between the letter V and B

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 01:21 PM
    The camera isn't even bad though. And I've never experienced slow performance, but I don't run any Android apps either.

I use Twitter everyday and it works great. For Web reading, messaging and phone calls, the Classic can't really be beat. I can type so fast on that keyboard, and while I was over in Dubai last week, my Passport SE wouldn't give me voice audio directions in BlackBerry Maps but my blue Classic did, complete with the Arabic voice for certain roads.

I love the Classic. Is it cutting edge technology? No but nothing classic ever is. It just works and for me it works well.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 04:58 PM
    I actually chose the Classic camera over the Passport's. Classic has better colour reproduction and seems a bit faster to focus.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 10:12 PM
    Classic is the only phone for me.

I added an android tablet for apps and such--winning combination.

From a Classic
    05-17-16 11:22 AM
    I mean... what if BlackBerry pulls another stupid keyboard stunt... but this time, instead of taking away the ALT and shift keys, they take away letters too!
    I assume that you are referring to the Passport's keyboard as their "stunt" so far. Honestly, I use the Classic as my daily driver because of its size but that's pretty much the only thing I prefer on it compared to the Passport (...that plus the toolbelt). The typing experience on the Passport is quite awesome and, personally, my favorite of any BlackBerry keyboard released so far. It just takes some adjustment period.
    05-17-16 11:29 AM
    I assume that you are referring to the Passport's keyboard as their "stunt" so far.
    Nailed it!

Honestly, I use the Classic as my daily driver because of its size but that's pretty much the only thing I prefer on it compared to the Passport (...that plus the toolbelt). The typing experience on the Passport is quite awesome and, personally, my favorite of any BlackBerry keyboard released so far. It just takes some adjustment period.
    Huh.
    I just couldn't get over how disjointed it felt. I had far too many typos.
    And plus. Every single keyboard that i've ever seen has had the space bar below the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 01:46 PM
    Imagine the Classic updated to higher res screen, double the memory, SD card to 256 and a quicker processor perhaps improved camera res too. Just a brilliant phone that should go on and on. I read a lot on it and even do spreadsheets - perfectly possible. Camera is actually one of the better ones for low light imaging, although perhaps a little less 'truthful', but better for it. Taking stuff with a tripod is as good as anything out there and its antenna is the best in the business. If only Blackberry could upgrade it and bundle in stuff like dual virtual SIM, safe docs, meetings with BBM. Face 10 is the better replacement for the Facebook app so no problems there (security another issue). Don't know how to react to loss of WhatsApp, but I expect there will still be some functionality beyond the end of this year. Why not have both BB10 and Android? It shouldn't have to be either or now that BB10 is mature. For me Remember is the only significant advancement in any mobile OS, and it looks like BB want to throw it away. The first incarnation of it was just a marvel of productivity. I could flag emails and messages all through the day and then shunt them to the right Evernote folder in the evening. Just fantastic, but the second incarnation was less comprehensive and now it doesn't exist at all in Android except with a Google notetaker that does not integrate with Evernote, and is not as easy to use. It is sort of the story with BB. The really good stuff gets thrown away.
    05-17-16 03:18 PM