Hey, so I just preordered the Classic from Amazon, pretty stoked to receive it. As much as I would have liked a slight improvement in hardware from my current phone, it is what it is, and a Q10 with a toolbelt is better than a Q10 without one for me, so a sideways upgrade it is. No problem, currently there isn't any major OS features that I wished I had that it couldn't do, but that may change in a year or two...

So who here wish that they will release a high-end device in a Classic body? I don't want some weird awkward size and shape or a 3-row keyboard without the symbols or the alt or shift keys, I just want my BB keyboard, physical call/end buttons, and a good CPU/GPU so I can work AND play with the same device. Even if they make it in smaller numbers since it would cost more and would not be targeted for the enterprise crowd, I'd definitely buy one. Anyone else?
    dale-c, bb1010, geekaren and 4 others like this.
    12-16-14 12:03 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    All products will evolve... over time. Enjoy the moment.

Next year will see Passport II and Classic II... until then...

But yes, for me who can afford, yes i would love to see a high end Classic ii or Porsche Classic with best in class specs ... But how many buyers at that price point?

From my awesome Passport I.

Posted via CB10
    chinmay007 likes this.
    12-16-14 12:16 AM
    I'm with ya. I wish the classic would come with passport specs or at least z30 specs.

As much as I like my q10, I can definitely see its age.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh and bb1010 like this.
    12-16-14 12:17 AM
    Oh, man, the second there is a Classic II I'm switching platforms. Not that it matters at all.
    12-16-14 12:23 AM
    All products will evolve... over time. Enjoy the moment.

Next year will see Passport II and Classic II... until then...

But yes, for me who can afford, yes i would love to see a high end Classic ii or Porsche Classic with best in class specs ... But how many buyers at that price point?

From my awesome Passport I.

Posted via CB10
    For me the Porsche phones are not at all on my radar. They cost WAY more than they really should. I hate paying for a name. I don't mind paying more for namebrands if it means better quality, but paying simply for a name? No thanks. But that's just me. Usually the Porsche phones have a non-Porsche version, which is the one I'll get, lol.
    12-16-14 12:35 AM
    For my usage the removable battery is more important than slightly better specs. (Q10 vs Z30 specs)
    I am not waiting for the classic- gonna get it anyway because I will support BlackBerry for giving us the toolbelt back, but hope that the Classic2 will have all real Classic BlackBerry phone style, like removable battery, camera key, charging contacts, premium materials additional better specs, a lots of ram etc.

Posted via Q10Bold
    12-16-14 01:19 AM
    Processor doesn't matter as long as it's running smooth!

But I'd love a battery with 4000mah+, I don't care how bulky the device gets!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    12-16-14 02:12 AM
    A device that would really deserve to be called "Blackberry Classic" should have:
    -better hardware: S4 Pro (Z30) or Snapdragon 801 (Passport), 1440x1440 resolution
    -charging contactors
    -removable battery
    -backlit trackpad
    -at least one convenience key
    -Glassweave back instead of cheap plastic
    -tons of software features from BBOS, OS 10.3.1 is still lacking
    Last edited by Maxxxpower; 12-16-14 at 03:34 AM.
    12-16-14 02:24 AM
    yeah we wish but then what? BlackBerry do listen to customers requests for software improvements and so on but (apparently) not for hardware specs
    12-16-14 02:50 AM
    Yes the classic is ALMOST the perfect phone...just like all BlackBerrys

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 03:01 AM
    I just want a phone from blackberry with up to date specs period. Would have been nice if the passport had a good camera (mega pixel does not equal better quality, it's ok but it's probably somewhere close to the bottom comparing with other flagships), should have had the snap dragon 10 or the tegra k1

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 04:34 AM
    Let us see how this bad boy will do in real life. BUt Slagman, you will be disappointement to "play" games on a BB device. Especially on the Classic. But I guess to get things done, ending calls without waiting for an app to shine, slightly better battery, tool belt, etc the Classic is the right tool.

I am 100% sure that Blackberry will listen to its users again: Classic 2 will and must have a removable battery (core feature for heavy business users) and a powerful battery! This one is actually a downfall.

Other than that I am happy to hear your opinion and review, since I love reading your posts about our issue. Remember? No toolbelt on the Q10, etc. Have fun!
    12-16-14 04:58 AM
    Classic is almost perfect. Can't wait to read the reviews.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:48 AM
    I'm gonna wait for the Classic III...
    12-16-14 09:54 AM
    Yup and a 4:3 screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:57 AM
    I'm not sure the Classic is a top end specs phone. Better specs? Sure. Like better camera for one.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:57 AM
    Processor doesn't matter as long as it's running smooth!

But I'd love a battery with 4000mah+, I don't care how bulky the device gets!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    Yes, and current features and current OS will always run smoothly on current hardware. So if you're happy to be limited to that, then good for you, you can have the same hardware for the next 50 years and it'll always be just as smooth. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-16-14 12:43 PM
    To use a car analogy, a high-end Classic would be like a rice burner (I'm Asian and take no offense in that term) - a model designed for efficiency and economy that a few people want performance out of. I'll bet the average Classic user would value battery life over most of the things that have been mentioned on this thread.
    12-16-14 12:58 PM
    yeah we wish but then what? BlackBerry do listen to customers requests for software improvements and so on but (apparently) not for hardware specs
    Well, this is just us wishing. I'm not really expecting it to happen. I am surprised if BB can match current hardware, much less have top-end specs, lol.

12-16-14 01:02 PM
    Let us see how this bad boy will do in real life. BUt Slagman, you will be disappointement to "play" games on a BB device. Especially on the Classic. But I guess to get things done, ending calls without waiting for an app to shine, slightly better battery, tool belt, etc the Classic is the right tool.

I am 100% sure that Blackberry will listen to its users again: Classic 2 will and must have a removable battery (core feature for heavy business users) and a powerful battery! This one is actually a downfall.

Other than that I am happy to hear your opinion and review, since I love reading your posts about our issue. Remember? No toolbelt on the Q10, etc. Have fun!
    Hey, it's not the ideal device for games, but I do enjoy Real Racing 3, even on the square screen, lol. But it's more than just that, new features are coming out every day for mobile phones, and it will get to the point that 3 year-old hardware might not be able to make use of these features, so I would hope that future BB devices will try to remain with the times instead of living up to the stereotype that they are always at least a few generations behind everyone else. :-)

I'm sure I would enjoy the Classic, the toolbelt alone will make the experience better than my current Q10.

12-16-14 01:06 PM
    I'm not sure the Classic is a top end specs phone. Better specs? Sure. Like better camera for one.

Posted via CB10
    I know it isn't, just wishful thinking for the next version.

12-16-14 01:06 PM
    Here we go again...everyone is suddenly a phone spec expert and think its just simple and easy to throw in high end hardware without considering/knowing how to optimize it for the software or the economic/business required for R&D. I'll play the game though. Why stop at a snap dragon 801? I want an intel i5. Why a 4000mAh battery? I want an 8000 mAh. Screw 3GB of memory i want 8GB! To be honest, we should want a phone that runs smooth and provide a great experience. The operating system will provide this more than what is under the hood.
    spikesolie likes this.
    12-16-14 01:07 PM
    To use a car analogy, a high-end Classic would be like a rice burner (I'm Asian and take no offense in that term) - a model designed for efficiency and economy that a few people want performance out of. I'll bet the average Classic user would value battery life over most of the things that have been mentioned on this thread.
    Oh, I'm Asian too, but I do not live up to the stereotype. My car is a Ford and I'd prefer a muscle car over rice burners any day. :-P

12-16-14 01:08 PM
    Here we go again...everyone is suddenly a phone spec expert and think its just simple and easy to throw in high end hardware without considering/knowing how to optimize it for the software or the economic/business required for R&D. I'll play the game though. Why stop at a snap dragon 801? I want an intel i5. Why a 4000mAh battery? I want an 8000 mAh. Screw 3GB of memory i want 8GB! To be honest, we should want a phone that runs smooth and provide a great experience. The operating system will provide this more than what is under the hood.
    And since they had a phone with the 801 before this Classic came out, you would hope that BB has optimized their OS to take advantage of that extra power right? LOL. Plus, this is a hypothetical future wishlist. Where did I state that I wanted better specs without an optimized OS? Of course I would "wish" for both. Considering that I build computers for others, even fabricating parts for customization, I think I have "little" knowledge in this area, but hey, I might have been born yesterday but I've been studying real hard, I promise. ;-)

12-16-14 01:11 PM
    Oh, man, the second there is a Classic II I'm switching platforms. Not that it matters at all.
    Why switching platform ?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Alain_A; 12-16-14 at 06:30 PM.
    12-16-14 01:19 PM
99 123 ...