... it is not a disaster.. ==
    This is CrackBerry. The land of melodrama ...
    05-01-15 04:17 PM
    It's funny that this rant is about North America, cuz the color of a phone is definitely a 1st world problem...
    05-01-15 04:35 PM
    It's funny that this rant is about North America, cuz the color of a phone is definitely a 1st world problem...
    I'd upvote that comment ten gazillion times if I could.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    05-01-15 05:14 PM
    I'd upvote that comment ten gazillion times if I could.
    This is not reddit. Lol. Yet you didn't even like the post! XD
    TheScionicMan and Q10Bold like this.
    05-01-15 05:19 PM
    Awwwwwwwwwww... so sad... How can he forget the good old states. #Sacasm

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 
    05-01-15 05:19 PM
    USA here, see the white Classic for sale at these unlocked GSM phone stores already. Probably way overpriced though, haha

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-01-15 08:11 PM
    White Classics are now available on Amazon and ShopBlackberry.com

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 11:28 PM
    I wonder if Verizon will get the white variant. I have a bold 9930 and I've grown old with it. I came from a q10 and went backwards to the 9930, because they double typing got really horrible on my q10. But my bold is getting annoying. I might just get the the black vzw classic just to hold on to until the verizon gets the white. "If they ever do!"
    05-04-15 09:23 AM
    I haven't had a black phone in so long.
    I can't have any color phone but white. ((((
    05-04-15 09:24 AM
    White Classics are now available on Amazon and ShopBlackberry.com

Posted via CB10
    Not in the US though.
    05-06-15 10:09 AM
    I thought I was the only one who's been desperately waiting! And now that they release it, it's not coming to Canada? Like come on! I've been DM'ing them On Twitter and they keep sending vague links that I've already seen and checked a dozen times. And yea same I know that I'm still going to get a BB after all this. I'm thinking of caving and getting the black Classic 'cause their spring sale ends tomorrow...wish they'd bring the White one here
    05-07-15 10:29 PM
    I'm waiting for the white one as well. I bought the black one not knowing when or if the white one would be released in Canada. I'm hoping the end of May or early June.

Using my BlackBerry Classic :-)
    Where did you get that timeframe from?
    05-07-15 11:15 PM
    One question. If you want it so badly, why don't you just import it from the UK or so? As long as your carrier isn't on CDMA that's no problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 05:10 AM
    Hello.....I talked to my carrier about doing just that, but they highly recommended not doing it. My carrier is AT&T, and they have had a lot of trouble getting BlackBerry devices sold in the UK to work with them. They said it is just not worth the risk, especially with the extra expense of import fees, etc. Thank you for the suggestion though.
    SunshineStateFlyer likes this.
    05-09-15 05:22 PM
    Hello.....I talked to my carrier about doing just that, but they highly recommended not doing it. My carrier is AT&T, and they have had a lot of trouble getting BlackBerry devices sold in the UK to work with them. They said it is just not worth the risk, especially with the extra expense of import fees, etc. Thank you for the suggestion though.
    That's interesting, are you sure they don't just want to talk you into buying one of their devices? I've always ordered my BlackBerry phones from Clove in the UK and never had any problems whatsoever. Doesn't AT&T also run the standard black Classic? I don't see why you should have trouble running an unlocked device on their network but I might be wrong of course. If you really want it you could give it a try and sell it if it doesn't work, however, there is a financial risk due to fees etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 04:57 AM
    That's interesting, are you sure they don't just want to talk you into buying one of their devices? I've always ordered my BlackBerry phones from Clove in the UK and never had any problems whatsoever. Doesn't AT&T also run the standard black Classic? I don't see why you should have trouble running an unlocked device on their network but I might be wrong of course. If you really want it you could give it a try and sell it if it doesn't work, however, there is a financial risk due to fees etc.

Posted via CB10
    The next question whichh rises would be regarding warranty. Who will help you if the device every needs service? Your carrier for sure won't, since they have nothing to do with the device at all. BlackBerry directly? My experience regarding BlackBerry and warranty always goes like "Please contact your carrier or seller regarding any warranty requests", I also guess BlackBerry in US/Canada won't help since the device was essentially bought in Europe. Last but not least the retailer, be it Clove, Carphone Warehouse, Amazon or whatever else. He'd most likely have to send the phone over to the UK again, wait for the outcome and again have to wait till it gets back over the big pond again.

With my recent experiences regarding BlackBerrys device quality, this would be my number one concern.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-10-15 05:03 AM
    The next question whichh rises would be regarding warranty. Who will help you if the device every needs service? Your carrier for sure won't, since they have nothing to do with the device at all. BlackBerry directly? My experience regarding BlackBerry and warranty always goes like "Please contact your carrier or seller regarding any warranty requests", I also guess BlackBerry in US/Canada won't help since the device was essentially bought in Europe. Last but not least the retailer, be it Clove, Carphone Warehouse, Amazon or whatever else. He'd most likely have to send the phone over to the UK again, wait for the outcome and again have to wait till it gets back over the big pond again.

With my recent experiences regarding BlackBerrys device quality, this would be my number one concern.
    Yep, that is indeed a factor that needs to be considered. I guess warranty would be directly with BlackBerry or maybe with the retailer but it definitely can be a pain either ways.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 12:23 PM
    Thank you for your feedback.

Before launching white Classic, we worked with our retail and carrier partners to understand which markets had the most demand for the product. Given their feedback, the product is available today in Hong Kong and the United Kingdom � and we expect additional country rollouts in Italy, Vietnam, Indonesia, the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the coming weeks.

We�d love to offer white Classic in all countries around the world, but need to ensure we distribute our products in a way that both supports customer interest and drives the appropriate volume of sales. We are committed to continually reviewing market demand for all of our products, and will keep you posted if white Classic becomes available in new markets in the near-term. We appreciate your feedback and your support of BlackBerry products.

Thanks!
    Ty W
    Community Content Manager at BlackBerry
    Ecm, Uzi and anon(9169048) like this.
    05-25-15 01:24 PM
    It makes sense, as Chen is big on selling at a profit and if other areas other than Canada and the USA are selling more blackberries, than it makes sense to supply those areas first with the white classic.
    05-25-15 02:06 PM
    So you're asking us to continue to wait and you may or may not release the white classic in North America? I think you missed the boat and should have released this Dec 17 with the black classic. This is truly disappointing, especially for those of us who have been loyal blackberry customers.
    05-25-15 11:31 PM

Before launching white Classic, we worked with our retail and carrier partners to understand which markets had the most demand for the product. Given their feedback, the product is available today in Hong Kong and the United Kingdom – and we expect additional country rollouts in Italy, Vietnam, Indonesia, the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the coming weeks.

We’d love to offer white Classic in all countries around the world, but need to ensure we distribute our products in a way that both supports customer interest and drives the appropriate volume of sales. We are committed to continually reviewing market demand for all of our products, and will keep you posted if white Classic becomes available in new markets in the near-term. We appreciate your feedback and your support of BlackBerry products.

Thanks!
    Ty W
    Ty, thank you for the response.

If possible, please let the folks in Design know that for future phones, the network band-scheme they used for the Passport is the way to go: one* global model works for all {carriers BB wants the phone to work on.} With the Classic, there is a NA version and a ROW version (in addition to the AT&T and Verizon variants) and this creates fragmentation which unfortunately necessitates this retail management. If, like the Passport there was only one* global model, NA users could have had a white Classic that's just as good as the black one.

The Passport SQW100-1 has all the partners' operational network bands that the SQC100-1 and the -4 Classics individually and jointly possess. So one* global model can be made to work on all these carriers. I understand carrier exclusives and demands for features that necessitated the Passport -2/Classics -2/3/5, but going forward, I humbly suggest that the general NA and ROW models be combined.

*I understand that within the SQW100-1 there are QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY and perhaps Arabic 'sub-variants,' but that much SKU variance for pkb phones cannot be avoided.
    05-26-15 04:10 PM
    Wayne Gretzky was once asked about his success. He answered with this: " I play where the puck is GOING to be"

Well Mr. Chen, yes, your current market may not be N.America. But that is where the puck IS GOING TO BE.
    05-27-15 04:56 PM
    White classic not available in Canada.

Using my BlackBerry Classic :-)
    06-09-15 08:17 AM

Before launching white Classic, we worked with our retail and carrier partners to understand which markets had the most demand for the product. Given their feedback, the product is available today in Hong Kong and the United Kingdom � and we expect additional country rollouts in Italy, Vietnam, Indonesia, the UAE and Saudi Arabia in the coming weeks.

We�d love to offer white Classic in all countries around the world, but need to ensure we distribute our products in a way that both supports customer interest and drives the appropriate volume of sales. We are committed to continually reviewing market demand for all of our products, and will keep you posted if white Classic becomes available in new markets in the near-term. We appreciate your feedback and your support of BlackBerry products.

Thanks!
    Ty W
    I seriously doubt the saleability of white devices irrespective of the model.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 08:44 AM
    Then I keep forever waiting. Is that BlackBerry in business for not doing sell white in Canada? Chen is not making sense.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 08:51 AM
65 123