My Blackberry Classic would not accept my password. The same password I have been using for months. It said it would wipe the data after 8 tries and that I was on my 5th try. However, no matter how many times I inputted my password, it stayed at 5 tries. I tried several attempts at cycling power, completing a back-up and restore, I tried the resetting the password from Blackberry protect website and all with no avail. I even did an OS upgrade with no luck! Ultimately, I had to wipe the phone and start over with a restore. I felt lucky I was able to back up the device prior to wiping it.

I would hope blackberry would see this as a critical issue and get a patch out to address it.

Maybe my kids are right about their iPhone�
    08-03-15 11:47 PM
    Yep had the same problem

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 12:25 AM
    Wtf?

First I've EVER heard of this issue.

1. Password was accurately typed in, case sensitive?
    2. You're not on BES or your password is not set to expire? It should accept the old one before a new one is created and accepted.
    3. Nobody else has physical access to your BlackBerry and knows your pw or reset it using BlackBerry Protect?
    (no chance of you ahem registering at Ashley Madison and well wife or bo found out?)

Posted via CB10
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-04-15 12:36 AM
    This happen to me also.

When I switched devices. The password keeper did not transfer. I did a device switch nothing, then I did a restore nothing.

I then had to do a set up and re-entered all the information from my old device before it wiped it. Over an hour doing this. The next day I could not get into password keeper with the same password I have been using for months (on my old device). So I lost all my passwords! Since I wiped my old device I do not have a record of my old passwords. I did not know about sync to cloud until now so the passwords were not sync in cloud.

I have since been entering them one at a time and storing them also in another place on my PC.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 06:48 AM
    That is an ENTIRELY different problem than the OP was having.

This happen to me also.

When I switched devices. The password keeper did not transfer. I did a device switch nothing, then I did a restore nothing.

I then had to do a set up and re-entered all the information from my old device before it wiped it. Over an hour doing this. The next day I could not get into password keeper with the same password I have been using for months (on my old device). So I lost all my passwords! Since I wiped my old device I do not have a record of my old passwords. I did not know about sync to cloud until now so the passwords were not sync in cloud.

I have since been entering them one at a time and storing them also in another place on my PC.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    08-04-15 09:18 AM
    My Blackberry Classic would not accept my password. The same password I have been using for months. It said it would wipe the data after 8 tries and that I was on my 5th try. However, no matter how many times I inputted my password, it stayed at 5 tries. I tried several attempts at cycling power, completing a back-up and restore, I tried the resetting the password from Blackberry protect website and all with no avail. I even did an OS upgrade with no luck! Ultimately, I had to wipe the phone and start over with a restore. I felt lucky I was able to back up the device prior to wiping it.

I would hope blackberry would see this as a critical issue and get a patch out to address it.

Maybe my kids are right about their iPhone�
    Read the screen. After you have typed it incorrectly five times, it then asks you to type BlackBerry, not your password. After typing BlackBerry in, you will be prompted for password again.

Posted with my  Classic
    ultra07 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    08-04-15 10:39 AM
    1. Yes correctly typed case sensitive
    2. not on a BES server
    3. Device never left my possession. It worked less than 30 minutes prior the issue. Was in my pocket the whole time.
    08-04-15 10:54 AM
    I realize that taking that hard line of wiping the device after ten tries or whatever helps make it secure. But if you have a small child, sometimes you will pickup your phone with it saying you have 2 or 3 tries left.
    08-04-15 10:58 AM
    I realize that taking that hard line of wiping the device after ten tries or whatever helps make it secure. But if you have a small child, sometimes you will pickup your phone with it saying you have 2 or 3 tries left.
    That cannot happen.
    After 5 tries it asks to type "Blackberry" before you can try further.
    Your little kid will not be able to pass that point therefore.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 11:12 AM
    That cannot happen.
    After 5 tries it asks to type "Blackberry" before you can try further.
    Your little kid will not be able to pass that point therefore.

Posted via CB10
    Correct, as I posted 3 posts ago which the guy you responded to failed to read lol.

Posted with my  Classic
    ultra07 likes this.
    08-04-15 11:51 AM
    Deleted
    08-04-15 06:28 PM
    Ok. So I think we can log this one as an ID10T error.
    I guess it pays to read....
    I will never forget this one.
    Thanks for your help with this!
    08-06-15 09:56 AM
    I had the same problem with this after I connected it into a vpn. Don't know what to do. Thanks to this thread I was able to find a way to fix it.
    08-06-15 10:26 AM