Mine happened yesterday as I was at my doctors appointment. The building is notorious for eating cell signal like Cookie Monster eats cookies. I pulled out my Classic and the slightly arrogant man next to me chuckles and says "Haha is that a BlackBerry? Real power users use android" as he shows me his shiny Galaxy S6 edge. I say "no bars huh?" and proceed to call my ride to meet me at the front door. Told him good luck in the doctor, grabbed my crutches and hobbled out with a smile on my face.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 10:28 AM
    Almost everyday. I've been with BlackBerry for yearzzz and every time I take it out everyone says "wow you never change...."

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 09:45 PM
    Nice story OP

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    hindsketchup238 likes this.
    07-19-15 09:47 PM
    Mine happened yesterday as I was at my doctors appointment. The building is notorious for eating cell signal like Cookie Monster eats cookies. I pulled out my Classic and the slightly arrogant man next to me chuckles and says "Haha is that a BlackBerry? Real power users use android" as he shows me his shiny Galaxy S6 edge. I say "no bars huh?" and proceed to call my ride to meet me at the front door. Told him good luck in the doctor, grabbed my crutches and hobbled out with a smile on my face.

Posted via CB10
    Lol shinny galaxy s6 edge with no signal

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    07-19-15 09:48 PM
    Had a lunch with boss, and he said u still use that blackberry eh? Which was weird

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 01:02 AM
    Thats the best story you could come up with?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    JAS0NB0URNE likes this.
    07-20-15 01:13 AM
    Probably during an earlier OS when flash was still supported, I could play flash videos in my browser quickly and my iPhone compadres had to find and load up a 3rd party browser in order to play the same video.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-20-15 01:24 AM
    It's Eid Fitri in my country.

It was late afternoon when most of my relatives who are using Samsungs and iPhones were scrambling looking for powerbank or powerpoint to charge their devices.
    That's when I whipped my trusted Passport and offered my phone's juice to those in need.
    Lo and behold, their hawking faces when they see my shiny red Passport charging their phone. And I still have 70% of battery when they almost drained theirs. LOL...

Posted from my SECURED to the CORE RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-20-15 01:35 AM
    I could think of a few, probably.

As I posted in another thread; I was having dinner with people and was showing them pictures and documents from my Q10. One person commented, "I didn't know BlackBerry made phones with touch screens!"

Not a direct response to the question, but another good story; I was on the bus and there were a couple guys searching for some small phone part which one of them had dropped. I offered my help, which they refused, kind of with expressions that I wouldn't know what they were looking for anyway. It turned out they were looking for the top cover of a Passport!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-20-15 02:27 AM
    Almost everyday. I've been with BlackBerry for yearzzz and every time I take it out everyone says "wow you never change...."

Posted via CB10
    Same here!

But that's the beauty of choice!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 12:27 PM
    Walking into burgerking to have an employee say out loud ''Yo is that the new BlackBerry!!'' ppl love my passport and always ask about it lol

BBM: 2BE320B5 CHANNEL: C00121E43
    07-20-15 01:51 PM
    On multiple occasions I have had some one that ''that's a very unusual...it is a phone, right?
    I have a Passport so people have to double check.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 02:08 PM
    Was just on holidays with my brother (iPhoner) - pulled out my Classic and he says, "Blackberry still makes phones?".

Unfortunately, he's tougher than I am so I couldn't swat him.
    07-20-15 04:57 PM
    Great store OP.

Posted with my awesome Z30
    07-20-15 05:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    That was smooth. Hahaha.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-20-15 06:24 PM
    Just happened yesterday. I was at a dinner and had my phone on the table. One of the guests asked "what is that wide thing you have?" I said "it's a BlackBerry Passport and it's awesome!"

He replied that he missed his BlackBerry and that if they had kept up with the apps, he would have never left. I seem to get that app comment a lot. I wonder what would've happened if BlackBerry stayed on top of the app situation. I wonder if they still would be number one.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    07-20-15 10:27 PM
    Just happened yesterday. I was at a dinner and had my phone on the table. One of the guests asked "what is that wide thing you have?" I said "it's a BlackBerry Passport and it's awesome!"

He replied that he missed his BlackBerry and that if they had kept up with the apps, he would have never left. I seem to get that app comment a lot. I wonder what would've happened if BlackBerry stayed on top of the app situation. I wonder if they still would be number one.

Post via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    At worse I have to think they'd be a strong #3.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 03:56 AM
    I had sent a photo of the smart tag in my car to my nephew and niece. My niece texted back "which Android phone do u have". I replied "BlackBerry ".

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 07:26 AM