I have read conflicting reports as to how to determine the manufacture date of a Classic and Passport. Some say it is the 6 number code on the box (e.g., 150216 would be Feb 15, 2016), and some say that is merely the packaging date. Does anyone know for sure?
    07-23-16 05:20 PM
    It's either the manufacture date or Kate Fracking Moss. For sure.
    07-23-16 07:19 PM
    The packaging date and the manufacture date are probably minutes apart, IMHO.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-23-16 07:22 PM
    There have been numerous claims to both but at the end of the day the latest builds are rumored to be of the highest quality.

I believe the Classic had a few different production runs since it has been a relatively strong seller for BlackBerry. John Chen is known to have been quite conservative with inventory levels so I don't think he ordered large quantities unless he had clients to sell them to in the near future.

Regardless it has been announced that production ended sometime ago. I suspect places like Shopblackberry.com have the latest builds. Regardless of date hopefully you get a top notch Classic and it lasts you many years!

Posted via CB10
    FahedAlDerbi likes this.
    07-23-16 07:41 PM
    I'm not concerned about which production run, per se. I'm just curious whether my phones were made in 2104, 2015 or 2016.
    07-23-16 09:15 PM
    There's no confirmation officially, on how to tell when your phone was made.

It was just logical deduction based on the date on the box.

I can't say for sure if the date was the date the phone was made or boxed, all I know is, phones from earlier dates as noted on the box, are different from phones with later dates.

And this is consistent with the Q10 and Classic from my own experience, having handled at least 5 iterations of each phone.

People have said the passport as well, saw some improvements with the screen lift. I can't comment as I've only ever had early passports.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-24-16 12:56 PM