I fired up my dusty Classic just to check out the big update to 10.3.2. But after installing it, the DT (double-typing) issue is still there, it doesn't feel any faster overall, and the main difference so far was an added Amazon app? (Not even native, more like Android port...)

What's up with that!?

(I have to fix 5 words due to double typing...all issues still there.....)

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 07:24 PM
    Just because your issues were not resolved with this update does not mean there was no point to it. In the Findings and Fixes thread, some people have had their issues resolved, others are still outstanding, and some are reporting a better overall experience. No update is going to please all users and fix all issues.
    NikoB82 likes this.
    06-09-15 07:44 PM
    Why would a software version fix your hardware problem which can be fixed under warranty ?
    kitmo likes this.
    06-09-15 08:25 PM
    Double typing isn't an issue... It's a feature!

Posted via C5303
    DeliFresser and Atakan like this.
    06-09-15 08:45 PM
    Why would a software version fix your hardware problem which can be fixed under warranty ?
    As much as I hate the double-typing and BlackBerrys silence regarding the reported issue, I don't get the OPs point either. If he actually dusted off his Classic, he could've already send it back for warranty claim while he wasn't using it anyways. Especially when the problem seems to be as bad as it is on his device. I sent mine back four weeks ago, still waiting for it to return.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 09:10 PM
    There is something going around in the leaked OS forum that the double typing is a software issue and is being looked at

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 09:22 PM
    There is something going around in the leaked OS forum that the double typing is a software issue and is being looked at

Posted via CB10
    Weird how I've replaced the keyboards on a few Q10's with that problem without touching the software and it fixed the issue on them...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-10-15 12:09 PM
    Wouldn't a software algorithm to ignore key presses of the same letter within like a few millionths of a second of another fix the double typing issue?? I mean, it happens faster than a human's muscle can physically press a button twice... It should be fairly simple to have the software ignore any double types from the keyboard I would think...

06-10-15 12:11 PM
    Wouldn't a software algorithm to ignore key presses of the same letter within like a few millionths of a second of another fix the double typing issue?? I mean, it happens faster than a human's muscle can physically press a button twice... It should be fairly simple to have the software ignore any double types from the keyboard I would think...

Thats what it looks like they are doing
    06-10-15 03:47 PM
    I can't speak to the double typing since that issue never developed on my classic but I will say that my phone is running quicker after the update (locked att running 10.3.2.798).

I've specifically noticed that I'm able to end calls much quicker after hitting the end call button.

Switching between apps and screens also seems to be working faster.

Last change I've noticed is that my battery is draining slower than before the update, specifically while on standby.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 05:32 PM
    The video player works with much files, but not as much on my Z10 2 years ago !

File manager is really really faster now. Less than one second in Wi-Fi to access my files.
    Few seconds in 4G for the first connection and after really fast.

Blend doesn't bug anymore.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 05:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    That would be godsend...because I always believe it's a software issue, since you can't duplicate the DT issue even if you try on purpose...

Hope they do fix it somehow so I can start using my Classic again
    06-10-15 10:27 PM
    I updated to the new leaked OS that I mentioned in my earlier post. So far no DT

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 11:03 PM
    Hmm...after a reboot with the new OS 10.3.2 the DT issue on the Classic seemed to be gone for the moment

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 10:07 AM
    Hmm...after a reboot with the new OS 10.3.2 the DT issue on the Classic seemed to be gone for the moment

Posted via CB10
    If it was a software issue and BlackBerry has really rectified it thru the revised software, then, I may well start using my Q10 AGAIN.

All along I was under the impression that it was a hardware issue on the Q10 which plagued it.
    06-11-15 10:44 AM
    [QUOTE=johnnydoesai;11708241]That would be godsend...because I always believe it's a software issue, since you can't duplicate the DT issue even if you try on purpose...

That I tried on my previous Q10 and indeed it didnlt reproduce the same DTs.

I hope the revised software has fixed the issues on the Q10.
    06-11-15 10:46 AM
    I'm presently using Classic. Q10 is back in my cabinet mainly due to the DT issues. It eventually became a "brick" in my beloved 3 "storey" building of Blackberry consisiting of 9790 , Q10 and Classic.

I sincerley wish the latest release of s/w will fix the DT issue and lot of Q10 users will be happy along with those having affected Classics.
    06-11-15 10:51 AM