I'm plagued with unanswered questions. I need a full list of manufacturing materials used in the classic, most of all the glass the frame the back cover. Can someone please answer me those specifics I'm buying the classic tomorrow but want to be sure on the premium quality of the device, gorilla glass 3? Polycarbonate back cover? Solid plastic keys? And stainless steel frame does it go through the entire chassis of this device. Thanks for your replies in advance. Those are all the questions I have.
    01-02-15 02:33 PM
    You'll never get a full list of materials man, sorry to say.
    01-02-15 03:11 PM
    I'm plagued with unanswered questions. I need a full list of manufacturing materials used in the classic, most of all the glass the frame the back cover. Can someone please answer me those specifics I'm buying the classic tomorrow but want to be sure on the premium quality of the device, gorilla glass 3? Polycarbonate back cover? Solid plastic keys? And stainless steel frame does it go through the entire chassis of this device. Thanks for your replies in advance. Those are all the questions I have.
    I haven't taken it apart to be able to tell you if the frame is stainless steel all the way through or if it's just the outside bezel, but I know at least the exposed part is stainless steel, except the chin, which is plastic made to match, the frets are plastic, the keys are plastic but it feels like the domes are metal, the back cover is some kind of plastic, or perhaps glass resin with a rubberized coating. Beyond that, I don't know.

Edit: Oh, and unless they state otherwise, the stainless steel bezel looks stamped to me rather than milled, but maybe BB will clarify that later, or not...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-02-15 03:54 PM
    Any word on the glass? Are they using gorilla glass 3 or 4? I just hope they didn't make the same mistake as they did with the Z and Q series? Sorry bla1ze thought you might of had an idea? The reviews you do are pretty good and just thought with the background knowledge base you had you might have known. Other than that you all feel that it's a premium phone and the best one yet!? I've had my doubts and that's why I fishing for accurate details.
    01-02-15 04:07 PM
    The Phone has a steel frame and the display is gorilla glass 3. The back is plastic with texture for a nice grip/holding. The Phone has a keyboard just like my new passport and must say I like keyboard more than virtual (did I say that out loud ! ) . It grows on you to use a keyboard.

The best past for me is de BlackBerry OS software . I love the HUB and integrated apps, active frames and all te gesture/swipe and smart things in BlackBerry 10.
    01-02-15 04:12 PM
    01-02-15 04:13 PM
    And this is why I come here. Man I love you guys! A house of super knowledgeable people who I must are a treat to have on this site, thank you whatsever for clearing that up. And yes I do love the new os from BB and look forward to going back to it tomorrow I hope. Now if I can just get rid of these blasted android phones I'll be happy.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-02-15 04:43 PM
    I would imagine the frame is SST. Corrosion issues. Most likely investment castings based on qty required with light finish machining. But I don't even have mine yet.
    01-02-15 07:29 PM
    Any word on the glass? Are they using gorilla glass 3 or 4? I just hope they didn't make the same mistake as they did with the Z and Q series? Sorry bla1ze thought you might of had an idea? The reviews you do are pretty good and just thought with the background knowledge base you had you might have known. Other than that you all feel that it's a premium phone and the best one yet!? I've had my doubts and that's why I fishing for accurate details.
    It's a solid device and certainly feels like it's built to last a while and sorry man, I thought you wanted a full run down of everything in it.. not just the basic stuff lol. You laid out the 'basics' in your post.
    Christian Brunette likes this.
    01-02-15 09:22 PM
    Cast iron. It's all cast iron nowadays.
    01-02-15 10:15 PM
    The most exciting part of new devices is figuring them out and taking them apart, can't wait for iFixit's video break down on the passport and classic devices. If you haven't seen them check them out on YouTube
    Last edited by Christian Brunette; 01-03-15 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    01-03-15 05:33 AM