Or does it have the problems that have been seen in the Contacts app in the new OS10?

Does anyone know?
    11-07-14 02:24 PM
    the Classic will be OS10. It will have the same contacts app as all other OS10 devices.
    11-07-14 02:28 PM
    the Classic will be OS10. It will have the same contacts app as all other OS10 devices.
    But I wonder if 10.3.1 will have any improvements over what we have now...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-07-14 03:58 PM
    But I wonder if 10.3.1 will have any improvements over what we have now...
    Certainly hope so. Contact app is very important.
    11-07-14 05:44 PM
    The contacts app works great as long as you don't have too many sources.

It is very important to only have one main source of contacts, whether that is local, or with one of the big email providers.

I only sync my Gmail contacts to the phone, and have not had issues at all.

My wife's contacts were an absolute nightmare, until we got one source cleaned up and accurate and deleted the others.

I think some of the hardcore critics of BB10 still say it is lacking a few of the legacy options, but otherwise it is great.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 07:08 AM
    Can't you simple only set the phone to sync with only 1 account, even if you have many accounts?
    11-08-14 07:25 AM
    Yes and that was my point, you need to pick one account for your contacts, and keep it up to date, and don't even link the phone to other sources

I assume it would work as well to use link and local contacts as long as you don't turn on any others

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 12:28 PM

It is very important to only have one main source of contacts, whether that is local, or with one of the big email providers.

I only sync my Gmail contacts to the phone, and have not had issues at all.

My wife's contacts were an absolute nightmare, until we got one source cleaned up and accurate and deleted the others.

I think some of the hardcore critics of BB10 still say it is lacking a few of the legacy options, but otherwise it is great.

Posted via CB10
    That has not been my experience.

Even turning off syncing with all third party services (like Facebook, Outlook.com, etc.) and only syncing with local Outlook results in duplicate records being created. Duplicate records are often created when the phone reboots, even when you don't sync at all!? Also, the history is often inaccurate, with incorrect entries in the call/email log for contacts. Plus, many legacy contact management features are missing in OS10 (Outlook categories are an example). I know more than a few people who went back to their Bold for this reason.

I was hoping that Blackberry did some things over the past two years to address the gaps in Contact Management functionality between legacy BBOS 7 and OS10 with the Classic rollout, but it appears not.

My contract is coming up for renewal in the next couple of months, and while there is a lot that I like about my Z10, the problems with the Contacts app are too large to ignore - I still feel as though I cannot rely on my phone as the authoritative source for my Contact data. This was not the case before...
    11-08-14 02:17 PM
    That has not been my experience.

Even turning off syncing with all third party services (like Facebook, Outlook.com, etc.) and only syncing with local Outlook results in duplicate records being created. Duplicate records are often created when the phone reboots, even when you don't sync at all!? Also, the history is often inaccurate, with incorrect entries in the call/email log for contacts. Plus, many legacy contact management features are missing in OS10 (Outlook categories are an example). I know more than a few people who went back to their Bold for this reason.

I was hoping that Blackberry did some things over the past two years to address the gaps in Contact Management functionality between legacy BBOS 7 and OS10 with the Classic rollout, but it appears not.

My contract is coming up for renewal in the next couple of months, and while there is a lot that I like about my Z10, the problems with the Contacts app are too large to ignore - I still feel as though I cannot rely on my phone as the authoritative source for my Contact data. This was not the case before...
    That's weird, mine might show some multiples for facebook, but between all other sources they automatically link for me... even the facebook ones only don't link if I have a contact saved by a different name like a nickname...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-08-14 02:20 PM
    I agree that some features have not been moved in from BBos like some of the exchange/desktop outlook stuff when using locsl sync.

On the duplication issues, it is important to get the Sim contacts deleted and no longer syncing. It is also important to remember that when you create a new contact on the phone you need to chose your main source to save it to, and not let it partially populate your other lists, which it will do if you aren't watching it.

These problems are aggravating, and should be documented in more detail from BB, and we should be able to select a default contact list, and never have to check the sim and local sources, but so far that is not there afaik.
    11-09-14 11:05 AM
    Well this does not look promising.

Why do I have to resort to tricks and research, just to make the contacts working as it should.

The contacts function (sorry, I don't like overuse of the world application), should work perfectly right out of the box.

How else should this phone please the "tools, not toys" professionals.

I hope this issue is sorted by the time classic is released.
    11-10-14 09:32 AM

Why do I have to resort to tricks and research, just to make the contacts working as it should.

The contacts function (sorry, I don't like overuse of the world application), should work perfectly right out of the box.

The difference here is a complete change in the way the contacts function in bb10. In the old days there was nos such ting as syncying twitter and facebook contacts all together.

Much less the ability for the phone to get out on the Internet on its own and try to find more info to add to your contacts.

The contacts app works just like the hub. You can filter which list you want to see in the contacts app the same as the hub. Just the same as you can get a twee, email, text, and bbm from Joe smith, you can have a contact for each of those accounts that Joe has.

The problem shows up when Joe is listed as Joseph in in Gmail, Joey on twitter and Joe on bbm. There is great functionality in the contacts app, and also some room for error in the redundancy of the implementation.

You can link all these contacts together, edit them to make them consistent, or just turn them off, but the problems show up when you do none of the above.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:17 PM

The contacts app does exactly what it's suppose to do and BlackBerry isn't going to restrict it's functionality.

It only makes sense that the user would sync contacts from only one account to keep their sanity intact. BB10 allows the user, if they wish, to connect and sync contacts from multiple accounts but I assure you and anyone else thinking of doing this that they will ruin their account contacts by doing this.
    11-11-14 10:01 AM
    WebOS is still the best mobile os at handling multiple contact accounts etc.

Android is horrendous and ios just well...sucks.. BB10 ain't that bad compared to your other options.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:33 PM