I've had my Classic since they were released and have largely enjoyed the experience. However, recently I decided to turn off the "Learn New Words" function because I was tired of the phone "correcting" words like "were" to "we're" because I used the latter more often. So great, that behaviour stopped. HOWEVER, even more annoyingly, now when I type certain words, after spacing from the text the word is replaced with an appropriate emoticon. I do not see any of these in my default emoticon list and I do not use stickers. Thus far, words that have done so off of the top of my head are: "headphone", "amplifier", and "brighter", though I am sure there have been others.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this and, if so, were you able to fix it? Thanks!
    01-09-16 04:40 PM
    There is thread about the emoticons in the Q10 section. Although, in that section they were more amazed with the emoticons rather than wanting to get rid of them

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1028616

I think a great feature would be the ability to enable or disable those emoticons that show up when typing. Right now the only way is for the "learned words" toggle that you mentioned.

I like the emoticons popping up, but I have more use for the learned words. I have that option "on".

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 12:03 PM
    I would like to get rid of these annoying pictures too. Do I have to turn on learn new word to do it? I really don't want my words replaced with anything.
    01-24-16 05:05 PM