3 days ago and Wifey's Classic was sitting in a small pool of water which spilled from her leaking water bottle in her purse. Set it out in the hot sun for a day and then in a bag of rice for 48 hrs. Turned it on this morning and it seems to work perfectly fine. Let's see and iOS device do that . On a similar note, 4 years ago I dropped my Torch 9800 in a lake, pulled battery/dried it out and has been fine since (yes, I'm still using it), tough phones these BB's
    05-28-15 10:07 AM
    good ending to a sad story. Thanks!
    05-28-15 10:17 AM
    Great to hear. That's encouraging.

Once I had a Motorola A768i dropped from my waist into the surf while loading a boat to go diving. I didn't discover it missing until some time later, all the while it was washing around the surf in the SEA. Yes, salt water. The horror I felt when I saw it. I took out the battery and held it under a fresh water pipe attempting to wash out the salt water and sand. I then went to a nearby bar and bought some white rum and washed it out with it as well and left it in my hot car while I went diving. When I returned I couldn't help myself and tried turning it on. It came on for a few seconds then went off. My heart sank. I left it off until the next day and to my surprise it came on and worked. Everything but the camera. It served me for another couple of years.
    Funny thing is that I recently came across it, now about 10 years since this incident and I wondered, would it still work? Plugged it in, it came on and started charging. It turned on and operated like it did. Wow. After being soaked in salt water. I full charged it and put back in my drawer.
    Do they still make them like that?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 11:06 AM
    The old Nokia could also do that
    Water damage-tmp_k57gsa.jpg

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-28-15 04:31 PM
    I think the only old phones that people still use is bbos, no one still use Samsung or apple old products

CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680
    05-28-15 04:46 PM
    no one still use Samsung or apple old products

CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680
    Don't use them at all...

Posted via my awesome Classic
    moegh likes this.
    05-29-15 05:59 AM
    Mine turns on, but it says technical error then the led indicator blinks red and yellow. Can't use it. I wonder if there is still hope. I'm too far from a service center so I can't have it checked. I have a Z30 btw.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-08-15 09:14 AM