Does anybody know where I can buy a Blackberry Classic phone that will work on the Verizon network? I see unlocked Blackberry Classic phones on Amazon, but they don't work with Verizon. Plus, Verizon wants $400 and the unlocked phone is only $295. Thanks!
    12-14-15 08:41 PM
    Try eBay. Get one that is SQC100-3. I've bought a few phones there and they were fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 12:20 AM
    I will try that, thanks.
    12-15-15 07:49 AM
    Got mine on ebay for $180 used and its perfect. Can't go wrong. You can also try Swappa.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 07:49 AM
    So I ended up buying a Blackberry Classic on Amazon from Battery Assault for $198. They said, Used - Like New. Got it today and it did not have the tool to open the SIM door. It also came with the wrong USB cable and plug. I tried to charge it, but the plug wouldn't insert all the way into the Blackberry and the status light never came on. Then, I pulled out the USB cable for my Blackberry Bold 9930, which did insert properly, but the phone would never boot up. It kept getting the 0015 error and despite my attempts to reload the software through BB Link (i.e. holding the power button for 15 secs. to reboot the phone) I was never able to reload the software and get it working. Used - Like New?? I don't think so. I am requesting a refund and sending the phone back. I am still looking for a good, reliable place to buy the Blackberry Classic. Ideas?
    12-26-15 05:00 PM
    Update -- I got the SIM door open using a tool I found in my iPhone toolbox. After inserting my SIM card, I was able to reset the Blackberry Classic using the Blackberry Link app. I got the phone booted up and running. Yeah! I am exploring it and everything seems to work fine. Now time to learn how to use it. Will cancel my request for a refund.
    12-27-15 07:27 AM
    Nice! There are so many shortcuts with this phone (one of the many reasons I like the Classic) that make it unique. The call quality is excellent and the size/form factor just works. If you can find some of the posts from Slagman, you should look those over. This is a good place to look for answers to questions, and to ask if you can't find them.

The past few months I have been going back and forth between the Classic and Q10 as both have their own advantages. However, as my role at my job has changed a bit, the Classic has become the leader. The toolbelt has become even more useful to me and I am using it all the time.

This is a great community here at CB and there is always someone out there to help.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 11:17 AM