In the Q&A section:

"Wireless charging capability is a great feature. Currently, the Classic does not have the ability to do so. Stay tuned for future options. - Robin_VZW"

I was planning on sticking it out for a Verizon Classic, but there's an AT&T store down the street with Classic and Passport on display and in stock. Why, Verizon why?

From a Z30
    brian_peterson likes this.
    03-01-15 03:33 PM
    Passports don't have either. Only one ever have was vzw z30

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 03:43 PM
    I asked, and they said the same thing.
    But shop blackberry says that it is.
    BlackBerry Classic Specs ? Specifications for BlackBerry Classic Smartphone - US

Who to believe?
    03-01-15 04:17 PM
    I guess we will find out soon enough once people start getting theirs tomorrow. If not tomorrow I will try with my Qi charger Tuesday when mine arrives.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry!
    03-01-15 04:23 PM
    But yet if you look at the Qi chargers on Verizon's website, they list the Classic as a compatible phone. Personally, I tend to believe it will be compatible with both Qi and PMA chargers. I don't trust Verizon CS agents for accurate information. However, my tracking info says me and my new Classic are both in the same town now so I'll let you know tomorrow as well.

Posted via CB10
    jfolland and Xenolock like this.
    03-01-15 04:35 PM
    03-01-15 04:47 PM
    In the Q&A section:

"Wireless charging capability is a great feature. Currently, the Classic does not have the ability to do so. Stay tuned for future options. - Robin_VZW"

I was planning on sticking it out for a Verizon Classic, but there's an AT&T store down the street with Classic and Passport on display and in stock. Why, Verizon why?

From a Z30
    Don't listen to the reps please dear god. It's rule number one. Yes it's missing from the description and your rep is looking as the same description. Well find out tomorrow morning. The leaked info has been accurate and we'll be seeing for ourselves in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    jfolland likes this.
    03-01-15 06:04 PM
    It says it does on BB site.
    03-01-15 06:54 PM
    Yes it does. See?

VZ Classic has no wireless charging?-march-1-2015-84355-pm-est.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 07:44 PM
    In the Q&A section:

From a Z30
    Just remember, these are the very same reps that have been spewing random bulls**t information and "updates" about the release, from random incorrect dates to outright saying the carrier not getting it, and then tell you to buy an iPhone instead.

I would not rely on a sales rep even for an egg and spoon race.
    03-02-15 06:39 AM
    Just remember, these are the very same reps that have been spewing random bulls**t information and "updates" about the release, from random incorrect dates to outright saying the carrier not getting it, and then tell you to buy an iPhone instead.

I would not rely on a sales rep even for an egg and spoon race.
    Telling people is one thing, but this is documented now, i.e. there's a record of it! That's got to be a new low, right? Somehow I expected more out of Verizon, but carrier CS is just carrier CS, I guess.

Can one of you guys with a Verizon comments login please correctly answer that question? Posting links to Verizon's and BlackBerry's information should clear it up.
    03-02-15 09:12 AM
    It's a 2nd class carrier and now you know why.
    03-02-15 09:28 AM
    Yeah, can someone with a vzw classic and a qi charger try it and see or look in the settings for anything related to wireless charging?
    03-02-15 03:20 PM
    Verizon Classic does have Qi charging. I just used my Nokia charger and it worked fine.

Posted via CB10 and my BlackBerry Classic
    03-02-15 03:30 PM
    Good to hear thanks.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry!
    03-02-15 03:36 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation of the Qi charging. I was very surprised that their rep would claim that the Classic did not have that feature, as VZ usually pushes for their phones to be Qi-enabled.

Maybe mods can close the thread or change the title now.

From a Z30
    03-02-15 03:50 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation of the Qi charging. I was very surprised that their rep would claim that the Classic did not have that feature, as VZ usually pushes for their phones to be Qi-enabled.

Maybe mods can close the thread or change the title now.

From a Z30
    I'm not at all. The reps have a system. They look it up. If it says Wireless charging = no that's what they tell you. The site didn't include it so naturally their back-end system wouldn't.

PS walked to FedEx on the cold. In a cab now with boxed classic in tow

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:08 PM
    Verizon Classic does have Qi charging. I just used my Nokia charger and it worked fine.

Posted via CB10 and my BlackBerry Classic
    I wonder now if the reverse is true as well, since the AT&T version supports Qi and PMA. Maybe the Verizon one supports PMA as well?
    03-02-15 07:44 PM
    the AT&T version supports Qi and PMA
    Source?
    03-02-15 08:03 PM
    Source?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11391479

In these very forums. I was a bit amazed myself as well.
    raino likes this.
    03-02-15 08:15 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11391479

In these very forums. I was a bit amazed myself as well.
    Very interesting. The Wireless Power Consortium (group behind Qi) does not have the -2 (or the Passport -3...last post in that thread before mine) as Qi-enabled phones.
    03-02-15 08:27 PM
    I'm not positive but I think the classic is most likely badged for vzw but a vzw variant. I remember reading much earlier they reported that,they would have the Classic but that it would only work on their 4g Lte network. Is it the case that being 4g enabled is not reliant on either a gsm or cdma antenna?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:40 PM
    Very interesting. The Wireless Power Consortium (group behind Qi) does not have the -2 (or the Passport -3...last post in that thread before mine) as Qi-enabled phones.
    If you go to the last post in that thread, someone made a comment saying that the -2, -3, -5 variants all support both standards, but rather "optimized" for one standard over the other. Either that was used to brush AT&T and Verizon off with their each own backing and the hardware is identical, or it's missing something on each end for it to be compliant as part of the "optimization".

Either way it's stupid. Why the **** does a carrier get to have a say on what wireless charging standard a phone can use anyways...
    03-03-15 07:33 AM
    got my vzw classic today and wireless charging works just fine
    Xenolock and Zippomeister like this.
    03-03-15 08:41 AM
    If you go to the last post in that thread, someone made a comment saying that the -2, -3, -5 variants all support both standards, but rather "optimized" for one standard over the other. Either that was used to brush AT&T and Verizon off with their each own backing and the hardware is identical, or it's missing something on each end for it to be compliant as part of the "optimization".
    I wonder what his source is for that information. It clearly looks like a lift-and-paste.

Why the **** does a carrier get to have a say on what wireless charging standard a phone can use anyways...
    AT&T is a strong backer of the PMA standard, so they mandate it in their phones. Starbucks is another one l, which is why they installed PMA setups in their coffee shops. I don't know how strongly Verizon supports Qi, but their phones come with it, but apparently that's ok because it's the more common of the two.
    03-03-15 09:25 AM
66 123