There seem to be some fundamental SMS issues with Classic and Verizon. I just posted about a different problem I'm having in a new thread, but I did also have the issue mentioned here.

3 more weeks of Verizon, contract over, good bye Verizon.
    05-11-15 05:20 PM
    Perhaps you should go in the basement and try. Then report what happens. Just saying.
    05-11-15 05:55 PM
    My Q10 Verizon with OS 10.2 is having brutal issues too. It's primarily when I first get in my car! Why? Texts come up blank and I can't reply or type. Then when I can, it won't send and it all deletes. There have been some other non-improving issues that are getting beyond tiresome. I am for the first time in my adult life thinking I have to leave blackberry. I don't even know where to begin.
    05-27-15 05:15 AM
    There seem to be some fundamental SMS issues with Classic and Verizon. I just posted about a different problem I'm having in a new thread, but I did also have the issue mentioned here.

3 more weeks of Verizon, contract over, good bye Verizon.
    It's funny because I do like Verizon and generally, the service is great. But this issue is simply unacceptable. having to reboot a phone several times a day to send texts is not okay.

I'm going to try the forced MMS thing I guess. it's ridiculous to have to use workarounds to send text messages in 2015. This does not seem like a complex function to get to work right!
    05-31-15 06:20 PM
    I've had this issue on my z30 but never the classic. I did load a newer OS though about three weeks after getting it. That was only to increase the speed of the phone. And it definitely did! Night and day difference. Verizon needs to do an update and we know it will take forever.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:53 AM
    Late to the game on this one, but just to inform everyone who mich be having this "stuck SMS" issue that the chances it is caused by the OS, hardware or radios is slim to none.

This is a sporadic issue popping up all over the BB10 spectrum of devices, OS's and radios which basically means it is more than likely a service carrier issue.

Now keep in mind that does not automatically mean it's an issue on the sending end only. It could be on service from the. Sender or from the receiver. I've run into it myself and have noticed that. At times some texts get stuck while others don't.

I do not know exactly what causes this, but that's just my 2 cents. .

BTW I am eagerly awaiting my new Classic to get here Thursday or Friday. Personally not concerned one bit about this issue. If it happens ill deal with it and do my best to resolve, but as I said, it happens even now. Every so often on my Q so it wouldn't be anything new lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 05:25 AM
    I have a client with this same problem. In addition, he sometimes doesn't get Visual Voicemail notifications until hours later.

Do we have confirmation that forcing MMS fixes it?

He is on the latest 10.3.2.858

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    07-13-15 10:19 PM
32 12