Im sure this has been mentioned before and people have said that they know its coming. Well I got a call from Verizon customer service today to tell me I was out of contract and would I be looking for a new phone and/or to re-up with them. I explained that my wife and I just changed our plan to the new one without a new contract because the price was right and we liked our phones.

She said "Your Note 3 is now being replaced by the Note 4 which is available if you would like it". I explained I was actually holding out hope that the Blackberry Passport would have ended up on Verizon and when it wasn't, I was going to stick it out with the Note 3 while waiting for something else.

She tells me that the Classic comes out on the 17th (as her friend wants one) and puts me on hold to see about pre-ordering. Now keep in mind I have not said I wanted it yet or would re-up with them, but she goes on to tell me about how people have been requesting it so they planned to have it at launch. She comes back to tell me that I cannot pre-order, but if I call on the 17th, they will be available.

I have no idea if she is right or wrong. Have no idea if this is readily available information. But figured since some are after this one, I thought I would share.
    kevets and momofteme like this.
    12-16-14 12:00 PM
    They are just trying to "gin" up their year end numbers.
    Buy when you are ready....

I purchased outright my Z30 to keep my all you can eat "unlimiteds", last year at this time, we were out of contract. They call us once a month to see "IF" I/we wanted to upgrade to a new phone on a new 2 year plan........blah blah blah....

You do the math.....
    12-16-14 12:05 PM
    I will be on it tomorrow if VZN has it...like Santa on Christmas, white on rice.
    12-16-14 12:10 PM
    I would love to believe that but I still don't think reps know that stuff.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 12:10 PM
    They are just trying to "gin" up their year end numbers.
    Buy when you are ready....

I purchased outright my Z30 to keep my all you can eat "unlimiteds", last year at this time, we were out of contract. They call us once a month to see "IF" I/we wanted to upgrade to a new phone on a new 2 year plan........blah blah blah....

You do the math.....
    I think you might have missed the point of my post. And I mean nothing by that, but it was not about the cost, Im not under contract and dont plan to be, but the "its available".
    12-16-14 12:28 PM
    Praise p

Posted via my GNex Soon to be my BB Classic
    12-16-14 12:49 PM
    When eagerly waiting for the HP pre3 verizon reps where all over the place on yes, no, wtf is a pre? And it would have came out (as I got one eventually) if it was not for Leo... so having a confident sounding rep is a good thing.

I am sure we all could call and inquire and report back...or just wait for tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 01:47 PM
    All I know is if they are available on vzw tomorrow and in the stores, I'll have one by noon tomorrow. I'm so bored with my Q10!!!!
    12-16-14 06:17 PM
    When eagerly waiting for the HP pre3 verizon reps where all over the place on yes, no, wtf is a pre? And it would have came out (as I got one eventually) if it was not for Leo... so having a confident sounding rep is a good thing.

I am sure we all could call and inquire and report back...or just wait for tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Haha exactly. I ended up nabbing a Vz pre 3 off of eBay after they were canned. Shame, it was a great device at the time. They must have been days away from release too. God knows where they all went.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:21 PM
    Ebay sold a lot of the vrw pre3's... what I want to know is what employee literally jacked them off the loading dock somewhere. full retail box, literature and the fact that verizon had all their ID'S in their system cleared for activation.

Webos was a superior OS to all others...I still prefer it over all, even BB10. the pre2 and 3 where solid peices of hardware... esp the 3, if I didn't destroy mine I would still use it.

BlackBerry got me because I MUST have a FULL keyboard (no passport!)... so I am all over the classic to update my q10

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:53 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    That would be awesome! Sounds like lots of positives for Blackberry come December 17!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:03 PM
    Ebay sold a lot of the vrw pre3's... what I want to know is what employee literally jacked them off the loading dock somewhere. full retail box, literature and the fact that verizon had all their ID'S in their system cleared for activation.

Webos was a superior OS to all others...I still prefer it over all, even BB10. the pre2 and 3 where solid peices of hardware... esp the 3, if I didn't destroy mine I would still use it.

BlackBerry got me because I MUST have a FULL keyboard (no passport!)... so I am all over the classic to update my q10

Posted via CB10
    Same thing happened to me. I'm here because webos tanked. That being said I do love my BlackBerry but there was something more to the cards and webos. I wish they somehow merged.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:12 PM
    How about a surprise release tomorrow.. "classic AND the passport available TODAY in stores"

Christmas

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:59 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I'm here because webos tanked. That being said I do love my BlackBerry but there was something more to the cards and webos. I wish they somehow merged.

Posted via CB10
    Yes the card style multi tasking has been the best form for mobile OS, the little boxes and x's are okay...and having a persistent home screen in the next BlackBerry 10 update is a step in the right direction. There is a reason apple poorly imitated the card motif

Front facing, active task management (webos and bb10) is vastly superior to passive task management (everyone else)

Posted via CB10
    spork141 likes this.
    12-17-14 06:34 AM
    Yes the card style multi tasking has been the best form for mobile OS, the little boxes and x's are okay...and having a persistent home screen in the next BlackBerry 10 update is a step in the right direction. There is a reason apple poorly imitated the card motif

Front facing, active task management (webos and bb10) is vastly superior to passive task management (everyone else)

Posted via CB10
    Apple's multitasking card motif is infuriating. Part of the reason I can never go back.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 06:46 AM