I wonder if it is okay/safe to use my PB fast charger with the Classic? Over the last 15 years I have never worried about which plug in charger I have used for any of my BlackBerry devices, and had no issues adding the fast charger plug in as a charging station.
    The charger plug in with the Classic is really the first one that seems to have different specs so now I am cautious.
    Has anyone with technical knowledge looked at the specs of the fast charger and compared them to the Classic plug in?
    I don't have the expertise myself so....
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 09:41 PM
    I wonder if it is okay/safe to use my PB fast charger with the Classic? Over the last 15 years I have never worried about which plug in charger I have used for any of my BlackBerry devices, and had no issues adding the fast charger plug in as a charging station.
    The charger plug in with the Classic is really the first one that seems to have different specs so now I am cautious.
    Has anyone with technical knowledge looked at the specs of the fast charger and compared them to the Classic plug in?
    I don't have the expertise myself so....
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    AFAIK charger has a small chipboard inside and it actually negotiates the max charging rate with the device it's actually charging.
    12-29-14 09:11 AM
    Classic to new....it is always preferred to use what comes with the device
    12-29-14 09:21 AM
    My charger starts buzzing when I plug in my classic, and it's the original charger comes in the box.
    Should I be worried ?
    12-29-14 10:14 PM
    My charger starts buzzing when I plug in my classic, and it's the original charger comes in the box.
    Should I be worried ?
    would it be that the vibration comes on for a second? then no
    12-29-14 10:30 PM
    Nah, it's just keep humming.
    A loose space key and a humming charger ?
    I should go buy some lottery tickets,
    I just noticed this now, because I've been using my laptop usb port to charge.
    12-29-14 11:56 PM
    AFAIK charger has a small chipboard inside and it actually negotiates the max charging rate with the device it's actually charging.
    Yes! ALL BlackBerry chargers have ic chip so you'll never over charge your device. I use a Ventev dual 2.4 amp USB charger sometimes and it's totally ok. They all have chips which control the ion uptake of electricalcharges!

Posted via CB10
    ArmedHitman likes this.
    12-30-14 04:05 AM
    Yes! ALL BlackBerry chargers have ic chip so you'll never over charge your device. I use a Ventev dual 2.4 amp USB charger sometimes and it's totally ok. They all have chips which control the ion uptake of electricalcharges!

Posted via CB10
    What he said...
    12-30-14 05:23 AM