I've put the AT&T nanoSIM from my Moto X into my Classic and connected no problem. At first LTE lit up, but after restarting I'm only getting 4G (UMTS) Voice/Data. I changed the APN from phone to nxtgenphone, but that didn't change anything. I'm getting 10Mb down, which is fine, but LTE in my area is easily twice that.

My AT&T account is showing "unknown smartphone." Do I need to call AT&T and get re-provisioned for BlackBerry? I'd like to be able to swap the SIM between the Classic and Moto without problem, so don't know if I should just leave well enough alone. Any ideas?

Edit: well, it appears, for whatever reason, the problem has corrected itself. I started streaming music from Amazon, and LTE lit up and I was pulling 43Mb down. Go figure.
    Last edited by bruce73; 12-19-14 at 07:06 AM.
    geekaren likes this.
    12-19-14 06:27 AM
    Glad to hear it worked out. I bought a white/gold Q10 from Amazon and have only been able to get 4G with AT&T. On the Q10, I need a specific model to get LTE and Amazon didn't sell that one..

Just having 4G isn't that bad, but I hope to get full LTE once my Classic shows up!

Your thread gives me high hopes! Thanks.
    12-19-14 08:37 AM
    Glad to hear it worked out. I bought a white/gold Q10 from Amazon and have only been able to get 4G with AT&T. On the Q10, I need a specific model to get LTE and Amazon didn't sell that one..

Just having 4G isn't that bad, but I hope to get full LTE once my Classic shows up!

Your thread gives me high hopes! Thanks.
    Which model do you need to get LTE? And why the heck would BlackBerry limit LTE on certain models via ATT?
    12-19-14 08:44 AM
    When I moved from an Android to the Q10, I had to contact at&t because all I had was 4g. They said something like there's a "Blackberry data plan". Once they switched me to that I had LTE. My Q10 is att branded though.
    12-19-14 08:53 AM
    Which model do you need to get LTE? And why the heck would BlackBerry limit LTE on certain models via ATT?
    Not sure? I've had 2 at&t Q10's and they both had LTE, but the unlocked Q10 I purchased from Amazon cannot and will not get LTE.

I think it's something with the model #? I know there is a -1, -3, and -5. I bought the one that doesn't get LTE lol. Maybe someone can explain it a little better? Mr. Aces?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 09:11 AM
    Not sure? I've had 2 at&t Q10's and they both had LTE, but the unlocked Q10 I purchased from Amazon cannot and will not get LTE.

I think it's something with the model #? I know there is a -1, -3, and -5. I bought the one that doesn't get LTE lol. Maybe someone can explain it a little better? Mr. Aces?

Posted via CB10

Raino is the person to ask. From what he said the SQC100-2 is ATT and the SQC100-4 is generic North America. The one on Amazon is -4 not carrier specific.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    12-19-14 09:25 AM
    Does the Device Monitor show a correct battery usage, or is it the same problem like with the OS leaks?
    12-19-14 11:34 AM
    I am getting 2 bars of LTE in my office with the Classic, even 3 sometimes. Only the Moto X 2014 has ever had this good of LTE reception. Can't say the same for my Passport though.
    12-19-14 12:31 PM
    I got mine from Amazon and it is an -4
    12-19-14 12:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    You have to contact AT&T and have them add your IMEI to their system to get LTE sometimes...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-19-14 12:43 PM
    Hmmm, mine is a SQN100-3 and was told that this model couldn't get LTE on At&t?

Weird...
    12-19-14 12:48 PM
    It looks like the Boy Genius got his hands on an evaluation unit:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...ackberry-8800/

I'm excited. Can't wait. Though I'm still not convinced I will personally like the rollerball more than the current trackwheel.
    Ya I did that and went through tech support and everything?

Its ok, I'm mostly on WiFi anyway and 4G isn't too bad.
    12-19-14 01:06 PM
    Hmmm, mine is a SQN100-3 and was told that this model couldn't get LTE on At&t?

Weird...
    Oh, that could be the reason too. But I've heard that even if you get a model with support for the bands, that sometimes you need to contact them to add it.

12-19-14 04:52 PM
    Oh, that could be the reason too. But I've heard that even if you get a model with support for the bands, that sometimes you need to contact them to add it.

Yes, I always conact At&t when switching devices. They're probably tired of me calling once/twice a week lol.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 and geekaren like this.
    12-19-14 08:43 PM
    Yes, I always conact At&t when switching devices. They're probably tired of me calling once/twice a week lol.

Posted via CB10
    LOL, you got an express line you get to call.

12-19-14 09:13 PM
    I got mine from Amazon and it is an -4
    Me too. Bought a nano sim then called to activate. Since then it's been LTE all day every day.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:48 PM
    Isn't there a way to switch phones online? Since I'm using the SIM that was in my Moto X it doesn't need activating, but I can find no simple way to update my phone. Or does their system automatically do that eventually?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 06:50 AM
    Yes I heard there was a way too. When I tried online it took me to there pay as you go site or something. Decided I didn't want to go through hoops trying to find the right section. Also if you dial 611 it should get you there.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:26 AM
    Sometimes you have to call in for them to update their system. I've done that a few times when I was switching phones with same sim card. Most of the time you won't need to if you're using the same one, at least in my experiences.

Posted via CB10
    bruce73 likes this.
    12-20-14 07:28 AM
    I think BB has learn their lesson from the Z10 days in that there should be one LTE model to rule them all. I am glad the OP is working now as it would have been a bad situation if AT&T was being more difficult than usual. I have a Passport and originally had to use the IMEI from my Z10 for the first month to get LTE...that was before AT&T had knowledge of the IMEI's from the Passports. We all knew that the Passport would be fine on their network, but as usual it had to be difficult. Now things are better and I hope that the OP enjoys the phone and the speed.

I've put the AT&T nanoSIM from my Moto X into my Classic and connected no problem. At first LTE lit up, but after restarting I'm only getting 4G (UMTS) Voice/Data. I changed the APN from phone to nxtgenphone, but that didn't change anything. I'm getting 10Mb down, which is fine, but LTE in my area is easily twice that.

My AT&T account is showing "unknown smartphone." Do I need to call AT&T and get re-provisioned for BlackBerry? I'd like to be able to swap the SIM between the Classic and Moto without problem, so don't know if I should just leave well enough alone. Any ideas?

Edit: well, it appears, for whatever reason, the problem has corrected itself. I started streaming music from Amazon, and LTE lit up and I was pulling 43Mb down. Go figure.
    bruce73 likes this.
    12-20-14 07:40 AM