This is the 1st phone I've had with NFC and I have been doing a bit of reading on how I could utilise it.
    I wondering how many people really make use of NFC tags and if so, would you mind sharing how?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 09:49 AM
    When I first switched to BB10, I bought a bunch of NFC tags off eBay for cheap and played around with it. TBH, it was neat, but I think it only comes in handy for bed-side and in the car (to switch "modes").

In my personal opinion, NFC's only real usefulness comes out when used for contactless payment (i.e. Timmies card / Suretap SIM / Scotia My Wallet / etc.)

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 09:54 AM
    I use Symple ID that uses NFC to access and enter passwords, I have a NFC tag in my car to pair with my music gateway (which has NFC built in, but I keep it hidden in my center console), I have one to toggle wifi on and off, and transferring files between devices is pretty easy as well, no need to tap the screen while balancing the phone like with Android. Just open what you want to share and the tap the back of the phone to the other. At least between BB devices this works, you can also share between your phone and Android, not sure if that procedure is different or not.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-21-15 10:10 AM