I really want a classic but there seems to be some volleyball with pros and cons.

I've read that it has bad battery life.

Double typing.

"Gaps."

Slow.

Besides maybe the "gaps," if the rest of above are true then those are deal breaker for me.

Can anybody that isn't super critical or biased share the truth please? Thank you .

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 10:03 PM
    I have one and I find it all right, no gaps between the screen and k-board, a bit of light bleed beside the Q in a very dark room when the phone is turned side way. Not big of a deal for me.

From Classic
    01-20-15 10:14 PM
    Every phone supplier has bad phones , I've had them on apple ,and Samsung, get one I'm sure you will love it, and if there is a problem return to get a new one while your under warranty.
    01-20-15 10:14 PM
    Come on ..it's have impressive battery and no double typing issue. Cannot comment on slow as it's more than suffice to me

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 10:22 PM
    Some say slow...how slow is slow?...I did compare it side by side with my Z 30 opening up some apps like calendar, Cb, phone book, remember, pictures... it was pretty close to each other for speed..
    I think some people complain for nothing...they want the phone to be as fast as the PP and that is not happening..
    Although when you do the start up of the phone. It take longer to boot up compare to the Z 30. One guy did a video of his lagging calendar well I don't have that lag. I don't know how he did set up his calendar.
    I can't tell you about social media as I don't use them nor do I use android apps

From Classic
    01-20-15 10:22 PM
    >I've read that it has bad battery life.
    Nah, though it's not *amazing* as some people claim (I'm guessing these people previously used phones with really terrible battery life, so anything that lasts more than 8 hours is instantly "amazing"). It's decent, mine probably lasts 1-2 days depending on how much I use it and what I do. It's about on par with most flagship phones.

>Double typing.
    I've never had this problem. Maybe you're thinking of the Q10?

>"Gaps."
    If you're talking about gaps between keys on the keyboard, I don't have this problem.

>Slow.
    This one is kinda true but really only for Android apps, and most of the slowness is only in the app startup. For example, Spotify takes like 5 seconds to start up but after that it runs fine. I haven't tried any really resource intensive apps (3D games) so I can't comment on that, but for most things, performance will be fine.

The only problem I personally have with it is that it's a little heavier/bigger than I expected, which makes it uncomfortable to use one handed for long periods, but I'm getting used to it.
    01-20-15 10:23 PM
    Also no double typing for me as well. Will I have it. I don't know.
    So yeah get one and read slagman review on amazon.com

From Classic
    01-20-15 10:26 PM
    I really want a classic but there seems to be some volleyball with pros and cons.

I have had great battery life. I run it on 4G and goes all day and then some.

Double typing.

Haven't had that. Been three weeks.

"Gaps.".

Not sure what that means.

Slow.

Runs smooth. Better than my Q10. The few Android apps I use, banking app, has been great.

Besides maybe the "gaps," if the rest of above are true then those are deal breaker for me.

Can anybody that isn't super critical or biased share the truth please? Thank you .

Posted via CB10
    Amazon has great reviews. Take the time to read them. It will help u.

Posted via Classic
    01-20-15 10:29 PM
    The name speaks for its self.(Classic). Thousands of people left blackberry including myself cause of the crappy slow stick track pad and they brought it back. Go to a store and play with one. Good Luck.
    01-20-15 10:39 PM
    How does it compare to the z10? I have a z10 and my experience with it has been virtually perfect .

Is it at least as good, fast etc as z10?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 10:41 PM
    Battery is excellent. Some 3rd party apps do cause excessive battery drain for me, all are android based btw.

Typing is excellent. No issues.

No gaps here.

Slow, I say yes. I'm use to the snappiness of BB7.
    01-21-15 03:22 PM
    I jumped from a Z10 to the classic. Absolutely happy. IF I had to complain, it would be because the white one isn't out yet!

Using my BlackBerry Classic :-)
    02-11-15 02:55 PM
    Double typing.
    "Gaps."
    Slow.
    Battery Life - it's meh for the first few days and then after that it is good (lasts a full day with moderate/heavy usage no problem).
    Double typing - reported by 3 users out of hundreds who have the phone, I wouldn't worry about it (definitely not widespread like the Q10).
    Gaps - there seems to be some build quality issues, if your device has this problem you'll notice right away and can return it.
    Slow - if you're a HEAVY android app user you're in for a bad time, but if you only run 1 or 2 apps at once and usually run native apps you'll be fine.
    02-11-15 03:28 PM
    How does it compare to the z10? I have a z10 and my experience with it has been virtually perfect .

Is it at least as good, fast etc as z10?
    The Classic definitely performs better than the Z10 overall - a little smoother/faster, and has waaayyyyy better battery life.
    The only thing you're missing out on is the screen real estate.
    Last edited by Thorsten Heinsight; 02-12-15 at 10:42 AM.
    02-11-15 03:31 PM
    It's a very good phone...screen size is small but really not too bad. It's a top notch phone...

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 05:42 PM
    I had one for a day and the only issue I had was that there was a lag in opening certain apps like the calendar and email. These 2 apps are very important to me. It was definitely slower than my Z10 in that when I hit the reply button and start typing, the first few characters would not register. When start typing the new appointment title, the first few characters would not register. Sometimes the events in the calendar take a few seconds to populate. I didn't have that problem on my older Z10. Hope that helps.
    02-11-15 05:54 PM
    Compared to the Bold 9900 it's an upgrade for sure, my disappointments are the smaller tool belt smaller track pad and only one speaker ,this device should have been equipped with two speakers for better sound quality for sure, I was also comparing the BB9900 s keyboard it has gaps too. My Classic does have some slight gaps but that's no big deal for me. It's still a nice looking device.

On my reliable Z30
    02-11-15 06:24 PM
    I think the lag has to do with the operating system. On my q10 with 10.2.1 it was quick. I installed leak 10.3.1.2072 and it lags. Yes it's a leak but the classic ships with 10.3.1 so it's prob software.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 06:32 PM
    I find as the phone "settles" the lag disappears.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 08:52 PM
    The device is awesome. Very nice built. All the complaints about light bleed, double typing, gaps etc are not deal breakers and does not take away the fact that the device just feels great to hold.

For me, the one matter of concern and this remains a big one, is the completely abandoned BlackBerry World appstore. I do not remember the last time a big name developer came out with its native BB10 app.

With the capability to run android apps it's true that the app gap is not that stark as it was in the launch days, but no android app can beat the native BB10 experience and that for me is the only problem. Unfortunately this problem is not Classic centric.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 09:03 PM
    Battery is truly awesome. No gaps either. And no double typing. I love it!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 10:26 PM
    Mine was lagged for a few days. This is normal since I have 7 email accounts and all the social media apps. It took a while to sync all of these things. Now, it's superb. Been missing qwerty since I use Z10 and Z30.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154
    02-11-15 11:44 PM
    My first device had a gap and light bleed above the end call and back key but my replacement model is perfect, as far as speed it's not suppppperrr fast but slow is an exaggeration it all depends on what you use your device for. I don't use apps and junk I do all that on my note 4, my classic is for calls text email aka business lol

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    02-12-15 12:11 AM
    I love it

It's nice and compact has a great screen and the keypad is great I would have got a passport but it's a bit big for my hands lol
    02-12-15 12:15 AM
    Truly a great device!! Gives an awesome rich and sturdy feel in the hands and sexy to type on the keyboard. It's addictive as well. Very good screen clarity, heft, premium finish, professional tool like personality... etc. What else one can desire more in a phone like classic? Truly wholesome!! I'm loving it!!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 01:08 AM
26 12