On my BlackBerry Classic, the BB10 TuneIn Radio app won't detect my location unless I also have WiFi on... presumably it's getting it from that. When I click to browse local stations it keeps thinking i'm in the same city in Colorado... which i'm nowhere near! Location function works just fine for navigation, maps, and other apps.
    I don't keep my WiFi on at work because it keeps thinking it's a Hotspot and doesn't stay connected, running down my battery...

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 03:28 PM
    That app hasn't been updated since 2013, not surprised it has issues. Has this always been an issue for you or is it new?
    03-10-17 12:38 PM
    The SAME app worked fine on my Q10. I've only had the Classic which I bought used on Amazon, for about 4 months and the app has behaved that way since I installed it. Thanks for any help!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 03:35 PM
    The SAME app worked fine on my Q10. I've only had the Classic which I bought used on Amazon, for about 4 months and the app has behaved that way since I installed it. Thanks for any help!

Posted via CB10
    Maybe does the app needs some authorization? No idea how it works. I personally use Nobex...working bloody well, also for podcasts!!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 02:53 PM
    Ended up deleting and re-installing TuneIn. It seems to have fixed the location problem :-)
    I tried out Nobex but the particular station I liked was "unavailable" to play, and it seems so strange / illogical that the stations are listed alphabetically by call sign... who goes by that? Anyway glad it suits your needs.
    Just want to sound off here -- The sound quality on BlackBerry app TuneIn is GREAT! The Android version of TuneIn for BlackBerry is horrendous - CANNOT keep a steady signal and all the advertisements... ugly boring appearance...

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 06:58 PM