It is with big surprise that i post this link:

The Trackpad, together with its function keys, is apparently coming back to Blackberries phones!!!

BlackBerry to bring back function keys to win back former fans - The Globe and Mail
    Last edited by tomsobon; 02-25-14 at 08:42 AM.
    sickyute, outlib, Q10Bold and 16 others like this.
    02-24-14 06:48 AM
    Awesome news

Posted via CB10
    acovey, Tatwi, Anilu7 and 2 others like this.
    02-24-14 06:58 AM
    UGH........................
    02-24-14 06:59 AM
    Oh god no, whyyyy

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:03 AM
    This annoys me to no end.

Gestures have rendered physical buttons useless. Is this some kind of hale mary play?

I keep thinking if the 9900 that I had. It was a great phone however the track pad just didn't work for a year and I never had an issue.
    Using any of my BB10 devices with physical buttons just seems backwards and wrong.

Posted via CB10
    canu900 and dejanh like this.
    02-24-14 07:05 AM
    Awesome news

Posted via CB10

i tend to disagree, why are we going back, and how would i use a trackpad with BB10??
    jaydee5799 and dejanh like this.
    Rumors are spreading...*reggae music*

Don't get worked up over rumors folks

Posted via CB10
    This sounds good news to many loyal blackberry users but it will not appeal to many others as they will look back thinking it's very similar to an OS7 device which many of them have moved on from

Posted via my Z30 running 10.2.1
    02-24-14 07:09 AM
    That seems stupid and strange. How on earth are we going to use those on BlackBerry 10.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    02-24-14 07:19 AM
    No problem bringing back the trackpad! It will be implemented in the awesome sensitive-touchscreen-keys on blackberry windermere Q50!

It will consist of the figures tygh in the center of the keyboard!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    02-24-14 07:19 AM
    Well, there goes any chance of ever convincing anyone that BB10 devices are not *still* the BBOS 5 clunker they abandoned for an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AnimalPak200; 02-24-14 at 08:21 AM.
    02-24-14 07:22 AM
    No problem bringing back the trackpad! It will be implemented in the awesome sensitive-touchscreen-keys on blackberry windermere Q50!

It will consist of the figures tygh in the center of the keyboard!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    ok well, then it's a different story that way i just hope NOT to see a full row like on BB7 devices...
    That seems stupid and strange. How on earth are we going to use those on BlackBerry 10.
    It's simple, the track pad will work as a track pad where it highlights over icons or text and you select it or hold down and the side menu appears, back button just takes you back, menu button just shows the menu and the answer/decline buttons just do as they should. All they have to do is adjust some Areas in the OS for use of these

Posted via my Z30 running 10.2.1
    FF22, Anilu7, Upgrayedd111 and 2 others like this.
    Wtf. BlackBerry 10 is not designed to work with those buttons. That is extremely stupid. If that happens the z10 will be my last BlackBerry.
    BB_Junky and dragon77 like this.
    02-24-14 07:23 AM
    This might be a rumour, but it still irks me to an extent

What was the whole point of transitioning people to the new experience then? Bring in a trackpad and you can't call it an all gesture based OS anymore

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:23 AM
    Wow what a bad idea for this platform. On the bright side, one person in here may stop with his relentless pursuit of it in every thread. None the less, still a terrible idea in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:29 AM
    Oh god no, whyyyy

Posted via CB10
    Why not? There are steadfast keyboard users who are probably holding off on jumping to BB10 because there is no trackpad. There are uses for it for which touch screen gestures can't come close to doing as well. People like me who once swore by physical kb's and trackpad are making do with what BB10 currently offers because the other benefits of the OS outweigh that one compromise. But there are plenty of others who aren't willing to make that trade-off. This is not to give any more ore less credence to the rumor, and it probably won't make me go back to a physical kb; but if it were to be so, I think it's a great thing for the BBOS die-hards who want to upgrade their BBs but don't want to let go of their trackpads.

Edit: nobody is suggesting that trackpads should come back on ALL BB10 devices. Chill out a bit, kids.
    02-24-14 07:34 AM
    Scared!!

Posted via CB10
    toneytone likes this.
    02-24-14 07:34 AM
    I really don't know how I feel about this. The OS has come so far that its kind of a shame to go back. I know there are a lot of holdouts but I think for most of them if they tried the gestures they would be sold. Too bad.
    02-24-14 07:37 AM
    Stupid. It is time to move forward people. This is a waste of resources.
    coldRooster likes this.
    02-24-14 07:41 AM
    Wow. Read this:

Jefferies analyst Peter Misek said... “It symbolizes some bad decisions were made” with the first BlackBerry 10 devices by “not listening to their users.”
    Why are you upset that BB will be releasing some devices with the belt? "Not listening to their users" is one of the worst thing a business can do, and thank god Chen is a good businessman, not a dolt... throwing BB7 users under a bus with the launch of BB10... "not a single line of code" Thor said proudly, as if to say to those who love BB7 "you are obsolete".

"We kept the best of BB7 and added wonderful new capabilities like..." would have been the right way to spin it, but we all know how distancing themselves from the BB7 legacy (in which they should have had pride, not shame) worked out.

Also, there are topics all over CrackBerry where lots of CrackBerry members, myself included articulate in what ways having the belt makes for a more efficient device, and even if you disagree, it's more like the difference between driving a "standard" or "automatic" transmission... lots of people want a standard (manual) transmission, even though the choice in vehicles is limited, them being able to buy a specific model car WITH a standard transmission probably doesn't make the automatic model "less automatic".

For those that dread "change" that having a BB10 device with the Belt might cause (although I don't see how it would affect you when you wouldn't buy such a device) you should rest assured that YOUR BB10 UX need not change one iota (lots of discussions on how adding the belt to SOME BB10 devices wouldn't affect the gestures-based UX at all), but 'traditionalists', BB7 holdouts, will have relief from what can be reasonably seen as "change for the sake of change", disorienting, confusing UX.
    Tikay12, RJB55, FF22 and 4 others like this.
    02-24-14 07:41 AM
    I better be able to disable all that garbage in software. Track pads sucked and I have personally witnessed failures on three devices that made the devices almost impossible to use. I'd rather see the track ball from the 83xx line as it was reliable and easy to replace if they are going to throw it back in. Hopefully they will still make all touch slabs with no "Belt" as I don't want the belt anymore.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:43 AM
    I'm not liking this one bit. I mean like WTF John Chen. You're basically defeating the purpose of BB10. Just get the legacy users on BB10 and demo the gestures.

Posted via CB10
    coldRooster likes this.
    02-24-14 07:46 AM
    Lol! People get too worked up in this forum.

Posted via CB10 running on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    RJB55 and NamelessStar like this.
    02-24-14 07:46 AM
    This is terrible.

Although with the most recent windermere/ontario picture. The keyboard doesn't look like a key. That could be a multi function space bar which would be ok.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:47 AM
657 123 ...