Looking at the bigger picture, aren't all the BB10 devices something of a market flop
    04-06-14 04:51 PM
    Looking at the bigger picture, aren't all the BB10 devices something of a market flop
    I think we can all agree that marketing isn't one of BlackBerry's strong points.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 05:03 PM
    I'm calling it now, I thoroughly believe that the Q20 will flop just because of the tool belt. I used to use a torch 9800 which had a touch screen and a toolbelt, aside from scrolling through long walls of text, I never touched the trackpad. I used the the toolbelt only to access menus (because I had to.) Now that we have BB10 and no need for a toolbelt, I believe that consumers will be thoroughly confused as to why they have redundant buttons instead of more screen real estate or a bigger keyboard.

I'm calling it now, the Q20 will flop. ( Unless BlackBerry gets their marketing department in shape. But with more focus going towards enterprise, my expectations are low. )

Posted via CB10
    Can I get next week's lottery numbers

Posted via CB10
    anon(1733) likes this.
    04-06-14 05:03 PM
    I think it won't be successful either. The toolbelt won't solve the problems. That being said, I never thought the OS itself was the problem
    04-06-14 05:08 PM
    Can I get next week's lottery numbers

Posted via CB10
    14 12 8 19 25 17

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 05:08 PM
    i for one cant wait for my new q20 im sure others are in the same boat. toolbelt phones out sell touch devices 2 to 1 i highly doubt its gonna flop but time will tell

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    acovey and heraiz like this.
    04-06-14 05:19 PM
    I get your stating your opinion and that's ok by me. Your choice. But don't underestimate things. When I left BlackBerry for my personal device I though I would stay gone. I had the iphone and loved it. Well that got old and I bounced back and forth from the iphone to android phones a lot trying all the latest and greatest the most recent being the Note 3. Now here I am typing away on my Q10 and now very intrigued by the Q20. I for one and looking forward to the release of the Q20. Everyone has their opinion.

For what it's worth. I have already converted a couple people to BlackBerry 10 devices once I showed them the flow of os10. I get more questions on the new system than any other device I have owned. I think with the right marketing BlackBerry can make a stronger comeback.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    04-06-14 06:27 PM
    14 12 8 19 25 17

Posted via CB10
    thank you....I better win...
    04-06-14 07:03 PM
    thank you....I better win...
    Just my thoughts on the result...

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 07:25 PM
    bottom line is this;everyones opinion on the matter mine included is a TINY FRACTION OF THE BB USER BASE. that being said they're all just opinions nothing more. sure we can site anecdotal evidence to try and make our points as I attempted to but we will not know until it hits market.

also didn't we also get a lot of this "no it will be huge....a game changer..." stuff when bb10 was about to launch???
    04-06-14 07:33 PM
    I think it will be great. It solves the single biggest deficiency with the Q10 (for the most part a very capable phone). Should compliment it nicely. Although it is entirely possible it will be a complete and utter failure. I guess we'll find out.
    04-06-14 07:51 PM
    I had a 9860, I used the trackpad all the time to move the cursor when selecting text, worked way better than any on screen ring/magnifier. Also used the call and end call buttons. Easy to find without looking at the phone.

Would love to see a Z30 sized phone, up specced, with the toolbelt. Lots of phones have home buttons. None have a trackpad (though nokia is similar with that thing on the back of the phone)
    04-06-14 08:46 PM
    It will be a hit for the legacy users. Outside blackberry community will still be the same flop. They're not going to regain easily a market now that android and iphone dominate the smart phones. Although when I come to think about it they don't have a big margin before but looks like they have because they have no big competition for smartphone users. But I believe BlackBerry will still be big in business/enterprise not in consumer market.

I hope in future they continue to build a solid and good quality phones. I love the quality of my Q10. My favorite form factor of the blackberry was my 9360 it was so thin just that the one I had keeps creaking then lags and hangs when I type and it bothers me a lot so I decided to sell and buy new one.

via Q10
    04-06-14 10:32 PM
    How about the tool belt will help us fly through the OS even faster? I still remember how fast I worked through menu's and lists with the trackpad and I'm glad it's coming back, so I can combine it with the BB10 goodness the Q10 offers. In my view, this is the perfect combination for a phone that will help me be productive. It's not for everyone, but I'm sure a lot of people agree with my point!
    anon(6038817) and heraiz like this.
    04-06-14 11:39 PM
    I still don't understand what some people on these forums are expecting in order for blackberry to have a sales success... ?

Blackberry will never have a competitive consumer mobile device unless the company turns into a strictly hardware manufacturer for android. At that point you might as well move to china. You need a big ecosystem to be successful in the consumer marketplace and blackberry will never be competitive in that arena.

If blackberry wants to be profitable they need to return to their roots and focus on the smaller niche business users first. These users want good communication devices with a secure infrastructure, and still do today. that's where legacy blackberries had excelled. Why don't we stick with that? That need will always be there in my opinion.

Our iPhones and androids are media devices first, communicators second. Blackberry needs to do the opposite, but improve in the media side of the OS, and that's where bb10 comes in. Combine that with the tool belt and keyboard, with some tinkering of the bb10 os and you have a winner.

Yes, you can do everything in an all touch phone but it'll never be as efficient, and there will always be inherent limitations. Besides, why would anyone buy an all touch blackberry? For the cool new os10? Reality is if you want an all touch phone 9.9 out of 10 users will most certainly go for an iphone or an android device (I made that number up but it sounds legit). Why get a blackberry? What advantage do you get from buying an all touch bb10 phone over a galaxy?

To me, a sales success for the q20 are results that show what is being targeted and that is migrating legacy users to bb10 and dominating it's niche corporate users.

Think of blackberry has a niche product much like apple has always been a niche company making great proprietary products where it's quality became very popular. That's where blackberry needs to model it's business plans.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    heraiz and anon(6038817) like this.
    04-07-14 12:57 AM
    I still don't understand what some people on these forums are expecting in order for blackberry to have a sales success... ?

Blackberry will never have a competitive consumer mobile device unless the company turns into a strictly hardware manufacturer for android. At that point you might as well move to china. You need a big ecosystem to be successful in the consumer marketplace and blackberry will never be competitive in that arena.

If blackberry wants to be profitable they need to return to their roots and focus on the smaller niche business users first. These users want good communication devices with a secure infrastructure, and still do today. that's where legacy blackberries had excelled. Why don't we stick with that? That need will always be there in my opinion.

Our iPhones and androids are media devices first, communicators second. Blackberry needs to do the opposite, but improve in the media side of the OS, and that's where bb10 comes in. Combine that with the tool belt and keyboard, with some tinkering of the bb10 os and you have a winner.

Yes, you can do everything in an all touch phone but it'll never be as efficient, and there will always be inherent limitations. Besides, why would anyone buy an all touch blackberry? For the cool new os10? Reality is if you want an all touch phone 9.9 out of 10 users will most certainly go for an iphone or an android device (I made that number up but it sounds legit). Why get a blackberry? What advantage do you get from buying an all touch bb10 phone over a galaxy?

To me, a sales success for the q20 are results that show what is being targeted and that is migrating legacy users to bb10 and dominating it's niche corporate users.

Think of blackberry has a niche product much like apple has always been a niche company making great proprietary products where it's quality became very popular. That's where blackberry needs to model it's business plans.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    This!

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-07-14 05:44 AM
    If it can get the BBOS buyers (3 million sold last quarter) to switch to BB10 phones (1 million sold last quarter), that itself would be a win and the BB10 sales would go up 400%. Along with the Z3, anything that builds the BB10 user base is a win in my opinion, particularly if one is talking app development.
    04-07-14 05:49 AM
    I think that a lot of people are subjectively defining the word flop and there is no way we'll ever have the answer. We need a quantifiable definition op, not a meaningless, attention seeking, antagonizing statement.

If you won't define a Q20 flop, who gets to?Kevin? Oprah? The Pope? BGR? John Chen?

I know for a fact that 1 Q20 will be sold in Edmonton, AB, Canada on launch day.
    04-07-14 06:34 AM
    As my earlier warning against making personal comments seems to have been ignored, this thread has been cleaned up and closed.
    04-07-14 08:22 AM
44 12