Does anyone else find their Classic's toolbelt to have a creak? My end and back keys have a very slight creak to them if I press them in an upward direction, towards the screen. If I depress them straight down towards the device, then there is no creak at all.

For those of you with the creak, are there any ways to reduce or eliminate it?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 11:59 PM
    These are my main concern every time I'm faced with the option between the Classic and Q10 : the creak and light bleeds on the tool belt. It's ugly.

I love the wider screen and keyboard of the Classic, but that's about it. The rest, the Q10 is better. IMO.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 12:41 AM
    These are my main concern every time I'm faced with the option between the Classic and Q10 : the creak and light bleeds on the tool belt. It's ugly.

I love the wider screen and keyboard of the Classic, but that's about it. The rest, the Q10 is better. IMO.

Posted via CB10
    So which phone do you currently use then?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 01:08 AM
    That happened with the first keyboard of my 9900, the menu and back key would creak whereas the send and end would be fine. I replaced it and now it's alright. If you feel comfortable disassembling the Classic, I would change the keyboard entirely, there are units on eBay at an acceptable price (10-25$), maybe even cheaper if you look harder. Anyway, that's my suggestion.

Posted via my Black Passport
    04-27-16 01:23 AM
    So which phone do you currently use then?

Posted via CB10
    Until last week, I had been using the OG Passport and Q10 for a year. I sold them both and now using the Z30. I'll get an SE later, when the price has dropped MUCH more.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 02:29 AM
    No creak or bleed on mine.

Used to have a creak on my end button, towards the edge of the phone, but that was just my Seidio Surface case haha

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 10:23 AM
    Mine creaked for a bit but then it stopped. I noticed it happened in a high-humidity environment so that may have had something to do with it but it could have been only a coincidence.
    04-27-16 11:08 AM
    Mine doesn't yet
    04-27-16 11:31 AM
    Well I was able to silence a majority of the creak. What I did was sprayed a very small amount of WD-40 onto the End and Back keys, making sure that it got into the crevice between the toolbelt and the screen. (Disclaimer: do at your own risk!)

It's been about a day since I did this and the creak is a lot less than it used to be. Before doing this, I noticed that the creak seemed to be coming from the top part of the toolbelt keys rubbing against the bottom part of the screen. Hopefully this will do the trick for now.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 04:44 PM