It's only April! Fourth quarter 2014 is still a long way off.

Posted via CB10
    Don't remind me... :-(

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    04-19-14 08:50 PM
    I think the phone app itself needs some improvement in general. Needs to be more responsive while in calls. My phone runs plenty quick. But when in calls and I press speakerphone there's a noticeable lag as it switches from earpiece to speaker and back and forth.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    04-19-14 11:55 PM
    You're not supposed to touch your phone while driving period. Physical key or touch screen. So your argument to need a tool belt ASAP for driving is moot. Hands free, you pick up the call by voice recognition hands free, or on your steering wheel.

I don't see why you think BlackBerry needs to bring this out ASAP to allow someone to operate a phone illegally.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong, you can't hold your phone while you drive, if it's in a cradle you can touch it all you want.

#believeinfilm
    04-20-14 05:05 AM
    In Vehicle we use SmoothTalker handsfree cradles, with charge and antennae booster, but i otherwise totally agree with OP. The tool belt should never have left in the first place. At least for a business tool. SOME things just need physical push buttons to inspire user confidence. User confidence is frequently critical to mission accomplishment. I've been programming industrial HMI touchscreens since the early 90s. There simply is no substitute for the real time physical feed back provided by a hardwired pushbutton. Even one that only displaces 0.010" provides comfortingly essential tactile acknowledgement of mission critical user input. Something the zero displacement capacitive touch digitizers are, to date, unable to duplicate. Maybe not a problem for an iPhone kid watching movies but SOME of us have WORK to do. Hardwired physical pushbuttons help optimize the productivity of that work.
    Last edited by idssteve; 04-20-14 at 05:25 AM.
    04-20-14 05:10 AM
    I'm just not sure the tool belt will work well with BlackBerry 10, waste of space. Imo.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    04-20-14 08:36 AM
    I'm just not sure the tool belt will work well with BlackBerry 10, waste of space. Imo.

I have to ask, since the toolbelt is in addition to everything and doesn't replace anything, how exactly does it negatively affect the OS' useability??

04-20-14 09:38 AM

Well, on the Boolean level, dry contact IO can fire any bit the "gesture" subroutine can... after the gesture IO sequence is processed, that is. If RIM can't muster the relatively simple development resources to pull that off, they'll soon be ancient history anyway. (pun intended... )

As far as belt real estate, one man's space is another man's waste... That's why Ford sells Fusions AND F350s... different strokes, ya kno...
    04-20-14 09:48 AM
    I have to ask, since the toolbelt is in addition to everything and doesn't replace anything, how exactly does it negatively affect the OS' useability??

As I said, I'm not sure, we'll just have wait and see.

04-20-14 11:46 AM
    Classic should be released in November according to an interview with USATODAY.

So long away... eff..

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 02:51 PM
    Sometimes you just need to be precise. Roll on November.
    04-20-14 05:16 PM
    Classic should be released in November according to an interview with USATODAY.

So long away... eff..

Posted via CB10
    It's only months.... not a year off. Ffs

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-20-14 05:21 PM
    It's only months.... not a year off. Ffs

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    With you there, Dave.

Hope my Z10 and an interim Z3 can keep me from buying the Z30, so I can either get the Classic or the Z30 successor.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    04-27-14 03:44 AM
    I needed to hear some others with similar feelings . I am trying so hard to love my new Z30 but the touch screen and lack of tool belt and menu driven fuctions is presenting such a learning curve for me. Got my Z30 and trying to get used to it after loving Legacy Bold 9780 for long time, (touch screen learning curve) and my new Z30 keeps doing things spontaneously that I didn't mean to do, like taking pictures and calling people
    It seems like my legacy Bold 9780 I was so efficient, much faster, more accurate, got so much more WORK done without frustration of missing the tool belt and menu buttons (for most work functions) - the tool belt and menus, keys to press to precisely execute functions gave me so much more control over what I want to do and not do, that I needed a place to either hear others feeling some of the same, while I want so badly to love my new Z30, it is more frustrating than fun like I hoped it would be
    ... I got the Z30,( after briefly trying the Z10, and having similar frustrations of pining for the tool belt ( when I just needed to quickly get a simple, but important or time-sensitive simple communication or task done, instead it would take me much more time on the touch screen without a tool belt and keyboard. But I was hearing so many glowing reports about the awesomeness of the Z30, I guess I thought it's awesomeness and power would somehow take away the frustration I felt with the Z10 touch screen and lack of tool belt. I did want and need something more powerful, faster than Edge, UMA and 2G that I thought was the reason for dropped calls or poor reception. I wanted something with more power to search faster, something that wouldn't drop calls, could browse internet faster & would be able to get 4G, LTE,etc, have all around more power, etc.
    (so now I'm REALLY trying to love my Z30 ... I did sacrifice to be able to afford it, and I am determined to learn to love it and be efficient on it like I was on my Bold (except for network speed) I don want to go backward, bu
    So during this learning curve (while finding most tasks much more difficult to do with touch screen ( having it tap more than once and longer, takes longer than using the tool belt and menu buttons), does anyone have any words of encouragement? I shouldbe able to love something more powerful better, right? and it will get better, right? or will I be waiting for an OS 10 toolbelt before it gets better? I so wanted to feel the love that so many Z30 users express, and I am hoping I will grow into it, but that toolbelt cannot come too soon, And I did hold onto my newly replaced Bold 9780 (which was under warranty, and I am not letting it go, at least not yet until there is an OS 10 BB device with a toobelt. (and I really loved than 9780),but wanted more power and speed, but wanted to retain the control and precise toolbelt functions and more precise editing capabilities...so, just in case I needed to go back, I had it replaced with a new one under warranty before I got into OS 10, but I am holding onto it just in case I need to have a frustration-free, more productive day, if I feel the need. ....whew, ok ...thanks for listening- just needed to vent, I guess after spending $500 and not feeling as much love as I expected to feel, I need to have hope that it will get better as make it thru the learning curve....
    ...I need to believe it will get better as the learning curve improves. I am determined to get better at it, but some days I have my doubts. Oh to have the power, speed AND the toolbelt , now why didn't someone create that?I hope it happens, I will be first in line to get one . But in the meantime,
    I do want so to love my Z30...anyone else feeling like this or have felt like this and it got better eventually? I may need to get an Otterbox Defender tho, so it can take the fall, in case frustration gets the best of me one day.
    05-15-14 08:43 PM
    Me too- just got my Z30 how do I disable that camera from going off all the time taking unintended pics ? Is there a way to reprogram the convenience keys or the camera key on my Z30 and I also keep turning on the mute key during a call by gripping the phone in what seems like a natural phone holding position, but the mute button is right there where I hold the phone. I wish I could look at a phone call history time, minutes, etc like I did on my Bold without it calling the person (whose call I just wanted info about, not to call them inadvertantly l am sure it is just that I don't yet know what the hey I am doing yet, and the learning curve will get better , but I feel like I need a week long seminar in how to manage this device and keep it from doing things I did not intend to do( and doing so at lightning speed before I can correct it)
    05-15-14 08:54 PM
39 12