The classic is and was not not meant for "power" users! And yes we should camera improvements in the upcoming higher end Blackberrys by years end. To mark emails as read place your finger over the dat bar and a submenu will pop up mark all emails read, this is issue is just getting use to the functionality of BlackBerry devices and os10.

The passport with the 2708 update saw much improvements including the camera! The Passport sounds like more off the device suited to your needs! Good luck!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    04-24-15 04:49 AM
    Hey, so I have never experienced the text issue you mention, so maybe there's something wrong with yours? I would try to reload the OS, as it sounds like a software issue. If not, then maybe an exchange might be in order.

For the emails, just use the trackpad to highlight them. Swipe to the right to bring the left menu, filter by the email account, highlight the first email you need to mark as read, hold shift and move down using the trackpad to start highlighting. Once you have the ones you need to mark, press the "Mark Read" option on the bottom bar, or wait, that might be specific to 10.3.2.500, if nothing shows, then after you've highlighted, press the menu button, then swipe left on the trackpad, and select Mark Read, should already be highlighted so pressing the trackpad should work there.

For the camera, I don't have that issue, stupid question, and I'm not trying to challenge your intelligence, but have to ask, did you take the protective film off the lens? It's really small, see if there's a small little white mark in the corner of the camera lens, if so, the film is still on it. Secondly, have you tried tapping on the screen to manually pick what to focus on?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-24-15 07:08 AM
    I'm a power user with regards to sms/email/BBM & I find the classic has more than enough capability to pull those functions off. I'm not much of an app user though. Either way, the iPhone 6 I traded in for this Classic had a 1.4ghz dual core & 1gb of Ram which is less on paper than the classic. There's a reason that Jobs never advertised specs. They are not only unimportant to most phones buyers but they have nothing to do with real life performance most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 11:10 AM
    Deleting all on BB 10 is the same as bold 9900. Holding the date and click garbage can with arrow down. Just filter email in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 04:20 PM
    I checked out the Classic at my local Verizon store (yes they had one, and the sales rep was quite knowledgeable about it too). I was thinking I might like to replace my Z30 with it (last phone was a Bold and I liked the keyboard). It took awhile to get used to a virtual keyboard and I didn't care for it at first. When Classic came on the scene, I thought I would love it. I was wrong. The physical keyboard is great, but quite frankly, I realized that I just can't give up the real estate I have on my Z30 screen. I've become way more proficient on the Z30 virtual keyboard than I realized. It's a fantastic phone (even being a couple years old), and I even like it better than the Passport (checked it out at the local AT&T store, where, BTW, the sales rep down played it and tried to take me to Samsung). To each their own, but in my opinion and experience, Z30 is the best BlackBerry out there (for now).

Z30 STA 100-3 /10.3.1.2267
    04-24-15 04:53 PM
    I checked out the Classic at my local Verizon store (yes they had one, and the sales rep was quite knowledgeable about it too). I was thinking I might like to replace my Z30 with it (last phone was a Bold and I liked the keyboard). It took awhile to get used to a virtual keyboard and I didn't care for it at first. When Classic came on the scene, I thought I would love it. I was wrong. The physical keyboard is great, but quite frankly, I realized that I just can't give up the real estate I have on my Z30 screen. I've become way more proficient on the Z30 virtual keyboard than I realized. It's a fantastic phone (even being a couple years old), and I even like it better than the Passport (checked it out at the local AT&T store, where, BTW, the sales rep down played it and tried to take me to Samsung). To each their own, but in my opinion and experience, Z30 is the best BlackBerry out there (for now).

Z30 STA 100-3 /10.3.1.2267
    Update: I did an about face and bought the Classic on a whim just to try it out beyond an in store exam. Using this phone for the past week, I must say its build quality and performance is really quite impressive. While I still favor my trusty Z30 for the screen size, I have to admit that the Classic so far has not disappointed me in the slightest! As for my daily driver? Well, it's nice having the variety!

Posted via Classic - 10.3.2.858
    09-06-15 02:46 PM
    Does the Z30 have the ability to use swype

With that cridnack  Classic
    09-06-15 04:25 PM
32 12