..not.

RICHARD RYAN
    RICHARD RYAN 1 hour ago
    Museums looking to fill obsolete tech displays are now rushing to acquire the *new* BB Classic.
    There should be a flood of orders. Perhaps as many as twenty or more!

Al Stevers
    Al Stevers 2 hours ago
    This new Blackberry phone is analogous to General Motors bringing out a new version of a Chevy Vega.

Craig Meyer
    Craig Meyer 2 hours ago
    What's a BlackBerry?

Ray D. Chang
    Ray D. Chang 3 hours ago
    John Chen is no fool. He knows that BB has lost the hardware battle to Apple and Samsung. The Classic is only a side show. His primary strategy is in offering mobile security software to its corporate customers, some of whom are rather fond of the physical keyboard. John has to introduce the Classic to appease these, shall we say, more traditional customers.

Scott Hammet
    Scott Hammet 4 hours ago
    No doubt about it, BlackBerry owns the tiny-physical-qwerty-keyboard-welded-to-the-bottom-of-a-phone market. But that market now consists of a handful of legacy users who prefer the comfort of the familiar to innovation. BlackBerry had its day, but that's done.

Until last year, I've carried a BlackBerry of some kind (and I've had nearly every model made) since their debut. The same is true for many I know. But no one is carrying one now, and there's no reason to ever go back.

Stephen Matics
    Stephen Matics 4 hours ago
    What a terrible, uninspiring product. I'm glad the 5 blackberry users out there were heard and love it though. This company can't innovate...period.

ANDREW JOHNSON
    ANDREW JOHNSON 4 hours ago
    @Stephen Matics You should look at the demand for Blackberry's passport phone. The phone is constantly sold out and people are loving it. Blackberry made a smart move by allowing Android apps on their phone.

That being said I don't think the day of the blackberry is over. Blackberry devices have definitely been pushed very far behind Android and IOS, though there are still many that love blackberry keyboard.
    If you read reviews of the blackberry passport the reviews are raging about it. People love going from an Iphone or Android back to a tactile keyboard.

There are people carrying blackberrys. Not as many as before and nowhere near the brand presence of other major players, but they are still and will continue to be a viable player in the smartphone marker.Edit (in 5 minutes)

ZAHID AHMAD
    ZAHID AHMAD 5 hours ago
    I use a Blackberry Z10 and find it exceptionally great device. It's size is perfect and the Blackberry Holster is the most robust I ever found. Plus the phone can also load Android applications if one has the APK file for it. It will be nice if Blackberry includes the Google Play Store application as finding APK files is not simple at least for me.

Greg Staton
    Greg Staton 5 hours ago
    �We listened closely to our customers� feedback ... ." All ten of them?

So, they are going back to what put them in the position they are in now. Genius.

And right next to this comment input box is an advertisement for the Note 4. Oh, the irony.

ANDREW JOHNSON
    ANDREW JOHNSON 4 hours ago
    @Greg Staton You should look at the demand for Blackberry's passport phone. The phone is constantly sold out and people are loving it. Blackberry made a smart move by allowing Android apps on their phone.

That being said I don't think the day of the blackberry is over. Blackberry devices have definitely been pushed very far behind Android and IOS, though there are still many that love blackberry keyboard.
    If you read reviews of the blackberry passport the reviews are raging about it. People love going from an Iphone or Android back to a tactile keyboard.

There are people carrying blackberrys. Not as many as before and nowhere near the brand presence of other major players, but they are still and will continue to be a viable player in the smartphone marker.Edit (in 5 minutes)

DAVID VINGIANO
    DAVID VINGIANO 5 hours ago
    Boeing to announced updated version of 727!

Chris Herrmann
    Chris Herrmann 5 hours ago
    lol Going short AAPL as we speak! That thing looks AMAZING!!!

not

Rudy Haugeneder
    Rudy Haugeneder 5 hours ago
    Sounds good. I may now stop being a Luddite and actually purchase and use a smartphone -- a Classic.

Randy Cook
    Randy Cook 5 hours ago
    Runs MS-DOS very well, but trouble integrating with Edsel nav system....

Marc Slazak
    Marc Slazak 5 hours ago
    Does it have Netscape Navigator?

Randy Brokaw
    Randy Brokaw 5 hours ago
    @Marc Slazak It does, and a free aol account.

Nelson Lode
    Nelson Lode 4 hours ago
    @Randy Brokaw @Marc Slazak I heard it comes with a free Compuserve account too.

Randy Cook
    Randy Cook 2 hours ago
    @Randy Brokaw @Marc Slazak AND, if you act now, BB will send you a AOL CD in the mail each week!

Warren Hurt
    Warren Hurt 6 hours ago
    Sweet now I have a phone to sync to Mac Newton!!

J NELSON
    J NELSON 6 hours ago
    Good to see BB getting back into the mix.

RANDOLPH P KAISER
    RANDOLPH P KAISER 6 hours ago
    Brilliant move. They should have done this six years ago...

Leo Cardinal
    Leo Cardinal 6 hours ago
    As Liz Lemon's boyfriend said: "technology is cyclic"�

Daniel Stykitus
    Daniel Stykitus 6 hours ago
    @Leo Cardinal Beepers are making a comeback
    12-17-14 05:07 PM
    Who are these people??

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 05:31 PM
    K i've skimmed through (quickly mind you) and the two i've read aren't good comments. They are making fun of the situation. You may want to add the words 'sarcasm or satire' to your title

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 05:36 PM
    Who are these people??

Posted via CB10
    These are supposedly smart people commenting on a very prominent business website's Classic release column.
    bbnrs likes this.
    12-17-14 05:42 PM
    These are supposedly smart people commenting on a very prominent business website's Classic release column.
    Supposedly smart people. Real smart people will not be so concerned over what the general consumer thinks about the popularity of a phone...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-17-14 05:51 PM
    Supposedly smart people. Real smart people will not be so concerned over what the general consumer thinks about the popularity of a phone...
    True but do you not get tired of the continual BB bashing? I'm trying to think of another product that gets similar or more immediate, relentless, putdowns but can't think of any.
    12-17-14 06:03 PM
    I was an apple user back when they were first making their comeback.
    The ridicule they got was nothing compared to BlackBerry today.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that to most people a BlackBerry is a thing and a smartphone is a thing. But the two are not the same thing.
    To them a BlackBerry was something that people had before smartphones came out

Posted via CB10
    BKbehave, allengeorge and johnnyuk like this.
    12-17-14 06:14 PM
    It's truly amazing the insecurity of people who are threatened by something that they don't belong to and must get others to conform. Speaking of that, I think the Jehovah's Witnesses are at my door again....gotta run.
    12-17-14 06:23 PM
    True but do you not get tired of the continual BB bashing? I'm trying to think of another product that gets similar or more immediate, relentless, putdowns but can't think of any.
    Eh, I use a BlackBerry, listen to Country music, and don't drink alcoholic beverages. I obviously don't even begin to give the slightest resemblance of a crap about what other people think, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-17-14 06:31 PM
    I think classic coke worked out pretty well for coca-cola.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 06:31 PM
    Why can't we just stick to business and see what the sales numbers are for the classic in the long run? Half those comments are taking quick jabs at blackberry without any substance.

Hopefully the intended audience (legacy BlackBerry users) adopts the classic, which I'm sure they will.

Passport OS 10.3.0.1418
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    12-17-14 06:34 PM
    Do not understand why anyone cares about what others think of BB.... the only way opinion will change is for BB to become successful.... bottom line.... till BB turns a consistent profit, continues to innovate... you will not change people's mind no matter how well informed you are or how misinformed those you rail against are...... a rather useless exercise.....
    bbnrs and BerryRipe like this.
    12-17-14 07:21 PM
    It's not so much that they care that someone doesn't like blackberry it's the constant over the top on line badgering that can falsely turn public opinion. I dislike many things but could never be bothered going online and complaining about them

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 07:29 PM
    Nothing against the OP but these kind of threads are more annoying to me than comments on some website. You cannot control what other people think. Use what you like and enjoy life. Looking for these types of comments is a waste of time in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs, m1a1mg, twirlyboy and 2 others like this.
    12-17-14 07:35 PM
    allengeorge likes this.
    12-17-14 07:47 PM
    Make all the jokes you want. At least its not a wannabe!

Tons of positive comments on Classic release /sarcasm-applekeyboard.jpg
    12-17-14 08:57 PM
    Thank you for putting together a list of the smelly holes of the tech industry.
    sk8er_tor and Xenolock like this.
    12-17-14 09:03 PM
    Make all the jokes you want. At least its not a wannabe!

omfg, good one!!!! love it

haters gonna hate!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	applekeyboard.jpg 
Views:	1328 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	321492
    12-17-14 09:04 PM
    It's Z10 in Classic clothing with some bling...

ODIN 9520 / 5.0.0.1743 Hybrid / 1850mAh
    12-17-14 09:14 PM
    1. Smart business people aren't on Twitter
    2. They don't participate in something as stupid and useless as phone wars
    3. The classic had the potential to become BBs another Bold IF they allow macros, skins, programmable led and an option to downgrade to os7
    4. Tactile feedback > glass typing
    sk8er_tor and bbnrs like this.
    12-17-14 09:14 PM
    Who are these people??

Posted via CB10
    Exactly who are these people!

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    12-17-14 09:18 PM
    Thank you for putting together a list of the smelly holes of the tech industry.
    The Legacy Themes Legacy...

ODIN 9520 / 5.0.0.1743 Hybrid / 1850mAh
    12-17-14 09:21 PM
    The problem is people are assuming that the phone is for consumers. Outside of CrackBerry readers, I doubt this will sell at all in retail stores. This is the device that companies will upgrade their device fleet with.

I highly doubt you will see one of these in the wild that weren't issued by the person's employer.
    12-17-14 09:22 PM
    BB releases a phone that has specs lower than your lowest end Android phone in a form factor that they themselves said two years ago was outdated and scrapped and you don't expect them to get bashed?
    MarsupilamiX, homer1475 and m1a1mg like this.
    12-17-14 09:29 PM
    *sigh* People will never give BlackBerry a break.

I have to admit, I *do* poke fun at iPhone users, but in the end of the day, I admit the merits of ALL the big players.

I know a lot of these people are attention-seekers who think they're being clever, but you know, I wonder... I SERIOUSLY wonder what kind of egocentric and obnoxious people exist out there who go out of their way to kick and bash COMPETITION, the very backbone of their free markets...

Maybe this is all payback for the times in the past they longingly looked at the professionals and executives on their BlackBerrys when they were still toting their Samsung flip-phones. Or maybe it's just because they're just bitter that a Canadian company is still the only leader in security and productivity.

I don't personally care because I love my 'Berry, but it's a sad commentary on this new level of corporate misanthropy, seeping into the very end-user base.

Posted via CB10
    limabo likes this.
    12-17-14 09:32 PM
78 123 ...