OK figured I'd get a thread going on tips and tricks for using the BB CLASSIC. I'm sure we'll all find some .
    Waiting on my delivery as I type but had a chance to play with one at the Raptors game last night. Big presence for BB there. First impression is REALLY NICE DEVICE. Lots of buzz. But I digress.

Anyway I discovered a nice feature when playing with the demo devices last evening as follows :

Using a PP (o/s .1154) for example, if you go to the web browser and enter a URL - say you want to open a google search - you would enter 'google.com or alternatively 'google ' then swipe up to add the '.com'.

On the Classic if you want to enter the same (or any) URL you can type 'name of url' <space> 'com' and the browser will automatically put in the ' . ' between name of url and com. So it would auto correct to 'name of url.com'. I think this is terrific. I missed that feature. It's back.
    12-18-14 08:33 AM
    Just like you get on... All BB10 qwerty devices! Nice!
    02-09-15 12:05 PM
    Just like you get on... All BB10 qwerty devices! Nice!
    Well, to be fair, while it is an OS update, it isn't official on all other devices yet. The adding the dot using space works before 10.3 but you have to touch the option with the touchscreen to select it. Now it is like it was in legacy where the converted address is the default so simply pressing enter after it will go to the webpage rather than searching it as a term...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    02-09-15 01:48 PM