Hey all,
    I am thinking of switching back to BB. I ran alot of BBs in the early years, had an Android phone, hated the z10 and ended up with a iPhone 5s(company phone). The BB classic looks amazing. My primary concerns:
    Do Android apps generally work well after loading them? I found all of my most critical apps on the google play store. The z10 always seems slow to me. Does the classic have enough kick to run multiple android applications at the same time?

The other thing I take for granted but is very important. The mute on the iphone will not mute my alarm and it will not mute songs playing via bluetooth. It also will not mute calls while my bluetooth headphones are attached. Can this setup be done on the BB OS? The most annoying thing ever is to be playing songs and have them stop while I get a email or text ding. I need to be able to mute the phone at night but have my Alarm still go off via speaker (vib wont work). This possible?

Thanks!
    02-25-15 06:30 PM
    To answer the first part, Yes! Android apps work very well on my Z30! As you may know the latest BBOS on the Classic comes loaded with the Amazon app store, but there are better options like Snap - a 3rd party app - which will give you access to the Google Play store.

The only limitation I have found with Android Apps are those that require Google Play services. Google Maps works great (its my main map app). Over 95% of Android apps will works exactly like they do an an android phone. If there is a specific app you want to know about, please post, and chances are someone here will know about it.

There may be limitations with some Android apps on the Classic due to screen size/dimensions(square). The Android runtime in BB 10.3.1 which comes on the Classic to me seems much smoother than on 10.2. The Classic should rum the more smoothly than the Z10 you tested as a result.

Not sure about exactly under which circumstances the mute button works, but I can confirm the following:

When connected to my car stereo via bluetooth, I'm pretty sure it auto-mutes when a call comes in, and returns to the music automatically.

BB10 has something called 'bedside mode' which mutes everything but your alarm, and your alarm goes off normally in the morning.
    samadkins29 likes this.
    02-25-15 06:41 PM
    Slegros - Thanks for the prompt reply. Ill make a short list of my critical apps tonight to see if any can be confirmed working 100%.
    (more on that later). When you say it mutes the music for the incoming phone call, that's what I would want. But do you still get text and email dings when you are in the car? Bedside mode sounds perfect for the nighttime concern. Does bedside mode also include a feature that if someone calls twice in a row it will ring the second time?

My AT&T plan is paid by my work (company line). I would need to purchase my own phone. Do I need: SQC100-1 -or- SQC100-4?
    02-25-15 06:49 PM
    What apps do you rely on? While apps work much better, you get some weird issues with the classic that makes some hit or miss.
    samadkins29 likes this.
    02-25-15 06:51 PM
    Chase (Credit card)
    Captial One (credit card)
    ADP Mobile (Paystubs)
    BECU (Banking)
    Paypal
    Cabelas (Credit Card)
    Western Union
    Milliman Benefits (401K)
    Scottrade (Stocks)
    OptionsXpress (Stocks)
    Credit Karma
    NFL Mobile
    ESPN fantasy football
    Uber (taxi)
    WSDOT (WA Traffic alerts)
    Premera (Medical
    ConnectYourCare (Medical/HSA) Also called CYC
    Ebay
    Evernote
    Amazon
    Songza
    ..... Some other various stores and shipment apps. But the above list is the daily.
    02-25-15 06:59 PM
    Slegros - Thanks for the prompt reply. Ill make a short list of my critical apps tonight to see if any can be confirmed working 100%.
    (more on that later). When you say it mutes the music for the incoming phone call, that's what I would want. But do you still get text and email dings when you are in the car? Bedside mode sounds perfect for the nighttime concern. Does bedside mode also include a feature that if someone calls twice in a row it will ring the second time?

My AT&T plan is paid by my work (company line). I would need to purchase my own phone. Do I need: SQC100-1 -or- SQC100-4?
    As for which model you need, check the bands that AT&T uses in your area, then check the compatible bands on the Classic models to make sure you have compatibility. Either that or just check to see which version AT&T just started selling! One of them should work flawlessly on AT&T

As for your message notification question I don't remember! LOL! I usually have my phone set to only ring for incoming calls. The reason is the message light. There is a flashing red LED that shows when you have a message on the phone, and I prefer that to an audible indication. It was a very welcome feature when I moved from an iPhone!

To give you a start on your App list:

I can confirm these on my Z30:

EBay works great
    Evernote is native, but the phone also comes with BB Remember, which has full Evernote integration
    Amazon - no problem

I run several stock and banking apps on my phone, not the same that you run, but perhaps similar. No problems on any of the Android ones, and there are also some decent native BB options there.
    02-25-15 07:53 PM
    I don't run the adp mobile app, but I run it through the mobile site and it works just as good as it did on my iPhone. I just added the shortcut to the home screen. I never even thought about looking for the android version.
    02-25-15 08:33 PM
    Chase (Credit card)
    Captial One (credit card)
    ADP Mobile (Paystubs)
    BECU (Banking)
    Paypal
    Cabelas (Credit Card)
    Western Union
    Milliman Benefits (401K)
    Scottrade (Stocks)
    OptionsXpress (Stocks)
    Credit Karma
    NFL Mobile
    ESPN fantasy football
    Uber (taxi)
    WSDOT (WA Traffic alerts)
    Premera (Medical
    ConnectYourCare (Medical/HSA) Also called CYC
    Ebay
    Evernote
    Amazon
    Songza
    ..... Some other various stores and shipment apps. But the above list is the daily.
    Scottrade works great on my Classic! I usually check it once a day or so.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:50 PM
    I use both...iphone is used mainly for intensive social media work for my job and sometimes surfing the web (again site checking and work related) bb is my communications workhorse, emails, chat, whatsapp with staff. If I had to give up 1 it would be the iphone as using the iphone for emails etc is like putting ski loves on then trying to cut your fingernails...if you don't write lengthy emails or chat with workers and your main keyboard use is sending hearts to your loved one, stay with the iphone
    02-26-15 04:35 PM