I would like to use Classic only using keyboard and scroll pad thing. Is it possible to disable touch on the screen so I dont accidentally press on the screen?
    whattiger likes this.
    12-17-14 07:19 PM
    I don't think so.
    12-17-14 07:28 PM
    Don't touch it.

Posted via CB10
    paulwallace1234 and mkelley65 like this.
    12-17-14 07:43 PM
    Maybe you could put a clear tape over the screen to block the 'touch'. Not sure how well that would work.
    12-17-14 07:54 PM
    Go into the menu and then execute the "drop test". The screen shouldn't work after that.
    12-17-14 08:12 PM
    Lol
    Put on gloves.
    12-17-14 08:16 PM
    Go into the menu and then execute the "drop test". The screen shouldn't work after that.
    while I enjoy reading all other replies this one appears to be most practical so far. Which menu do I find the drop test in and is this persisted after reboots? How do I go back to enabling touch if I need to? Thank you!
    H4zN, 2c, John Crist and 1 others like this.
    12-17-14 08:22 PM
    So happy to see i'm not the only one...
    12-17-14 08:39 PM
    Mission impossible...

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:49 PM
    I would like to use Classic only using keyboard and scroll pad thing. Is it possible to disable touch on the screen so I dont accidentally press on the screen?
    Please do consider sticking to 9780. You'd be more happy there. And yes, the drop test method would work wonders. You should really try it if you get the classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 09:11 PM
    You may be not, but you guys are certainly a very small minority.
    12-17-14 09:27 PM
    Google Glass and a bluetooth keyboard should do the trick.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1154 | Bell | via CB10
    12-17-14 09:33 PM
    LOL! "Drop test"... Never gets old! :P

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:16 PM
    while I enjoy reading all other replies this one appears to be most practical so far. Which menu do I find the drop test in and is this persisted after reboots? How do I go back to enabling touch if I need to? Thank you!
    You can find the drop test in any menu actually....you touch just outside of the menu in a way that takes pressure off the phone so you have a loose grip....then the phone will slip from your hands and preform the drop test. It's better to do it on concrete. Then, you should no longer have a functioning touch screen to worry about.

To resume the touch screen, you must go online to re-enable it. You go to Amazon.com and place your order for a new phone.
    2c, John Crist and dmlis like this.
    12-19-14 03:54 PM
    I've always wondered if this would work or not, but what if you put a screen protector intended for a resistive type touchscreen onto a capacitive screen? Would it disable the touchscreen? Just curious...

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:59 AM
    You can find the drop test in any menu actually....you touch just outside of the menu in a way that takes pressure off the phone so you have a loose grip....then the phone will slip from your hands and preform the drop test. It's better to do it on concrete. Then, you should no longer have a functioning touch screen to worry about.

To resume the touch screen, you must go online to re-enable it. You go to Amazon.com and place your order for a new phone.
    I LOL'd so hard. Drop test. Classy

OP, you wouldn't want to disable the touch screen anyway. At least with what I've heard and my past experience with BB10 on my Z10 and Z30, while the Classic does support the trackpad the integration with apps isn't perfect and the OS is still very touch intensive. I still have my old 9930 and, honestly, my best advice is that if you want a non-touchscreen Classic, the 9900 series is the way to go. Yes, you'll be missing out on BB10, but BB10 is a touch-based OS to begin with. Always has been. Always will be. There's little if any reason to go back to being a non-Touch OS in today's world.
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    12-20-14 01:53 AM
    Me too.
    12-20-14 02:37 AM
    Right there with you and the OP also.
    12-20-14 08:06 AM
    This might work.
    Touch Blocker / Disable Touch
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hblocker&hl=en

or
    No Touch
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....NoTouch&hl=en

or
    Touch Proof
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pps.touchproof

or
    TouchGuard(Touch Panel Lock)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ech.touchguard

or
    Touch Screen Block : No Touch
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dle.touchblock
    Last edited by VeryBumpy; 12-23-14 at 07:54 AM.
    12-23-14 07:35 AM
    Can someone tell me why they would ever want the touchscreen off? Why not just refrain from touching it?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 07:53 AM
    Can someone tell me why they would ever want the touchscreen off? Why not just refrain from touching it?

Posted via CB10
    Because of unintentional or accidental touches and because the tool belt makes touch 'mostly' unnecessary. I don't enjoy having to carefully hold onto my phone in certain areas when it is unlocked.
    12-23-14 08:54 AM
    Because of unintentional or accidental touches and because the tool belt makes touch 'mostly' unnecessary. I don't enjoy having to carefully hold onto my phone in certain areas when it is unlocked.
    I've never had that issue. I let gravity hold the phone to my hand, no need to grip it to death while using it... Never had an issue, never dropped my phone.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-23-14 09:31 AM
    It just seems like such an insignificant reason to disable a touch screen entirely. Even just using the occasional pinch to zoom / pan would be a good enough reason to want a touch screen on. Muscle memory should be good enough to fix accidental touches.

Once you lock your phone the touch screen is disabled (you can set it that way). I don't see why anyone would want to touch the screen and not have it do anything when the phone is active.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:37 AM
    There's little if any reason to go back to being a non-Touch OS in today's world.
    There is little if any reason to change a winning team.

9900 works perfect in every way for me.

So after reading soo much negative stuff about the Classic, I might just remain a legacy user, keeping my $$$ in my pocket instead of giving it to Blackberry.

Classic meant to me to be able to go back or stay with the old proven Blackberry ways.

No, I don't want to gesture, I don't like gesturing, which I happen to find to be an pain in the ****.

Blackberry needs to finally understand: if they want sell to legacy users, they need to build a phone that is able to satisfy legacy users and NOT trying to satisfy the crowds with Z10 and alike, who won't buy this phone anyway.
    12-23-14 10:20 AM
    There is little if any reason to change a winning team.

9900 works perfect in every way for me.

So after reading soo much negative stuff about the Classic, I might just remain a legacy user, keeping my $$$ in my pocket instead of giving it to Blackberry.

Classic meant to me to be able to go back or stay with the old proven Blackberry ways.

No, I don't want to gesture, I don't like gesturing, which I happen to find to be an pain in the ****.

Blackberry needs to finally understand: if they want sell to legacy users, they need to build a phone that is able to satisfy legacy users and NOT trying to satisfy the crowds with Z10 and alike, who won't buy this phone anyway.
    If you keep your money in your pocket your next phone will be all touch. This is the very last phone you can get that will have a physical keyboard. So if it doesn't sell, say goodbye to keyboards and blackberry.

Also I'll make it simple. Touch isn't going away. Ever. So I suggest adapting.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 11:37 AM
29 12