Got this idea from reading a post in another thread.

Based on my experience, I'm still convinced it's a software problem with my device. My OS is the official push, but I did use saches (or whatever it's called) to load Snap. Would be interesting to see of the Classic users experiencing this (not Q10), who has done what. Is there anyone experiencing it that has a virgin phone, i.e has only official push OS (OTA or through link) with no sideloading (Snap, saches, etc)? Just as manufacturer intended use.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    05-25-15 04:52 PM
    good luck finding someone who is on 10.2 still, not using snap or amazon app store and not loading any android apps. i hope there are some out there to give you an idea....
    05-25-15 05:49 PM
    All Classic started out with 10.3.1 and should have received the latest OS update by now.
    Admittedly most who come to CB would have likely dived into their phones though. Not the average user.

Posted via CB10
    ErnstMach likes this.
    05-25-15 05:59 PM
    Actually the double typing happened to me when after I used saches to load an updated version of 10.3.1 because I had the screen flickering issue. Now that you mentioned it I think that anyone who uses the Saches to install an app, leaked or official OS got the double typing issue. There should be a survey on this.
    Fastmarc likes this.
    05-26-15 03:03 AM
    Nice idea, but Classic was released with 10.3.1 from day one.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:14 AM
    Nice idea, but Classic was released with 10.3.1 from day one.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that was the release software. I'm not linking it to just 10.3.1 only, but if there are anyone experiencing DT who didn't use Saches (for any reason) or load a leak, so original OS or update only via OTA or Link (BlackBerry official way).

Really think this is worth while polling. Mine didn't start until I loaded Snap via Saches. I've never loaded a leak.
    For all we know the 'ordinary users' who are not into modifying their phones and as such don't really come on CB may not be experiencing this issue.

Posted via CB10
    ErnstMach likes this.
    05-26-15 06:57 AM
    I have not loaded a leaked OS onto my AT&T Classic. It's still on whatever version of 10.3.1 that came with it. I've been experiencing increasing double typing. First it was space, now it's "p" and "a" and sometimes "o". I do use a sleeve case with the device.
    Fastmarc likes this.
    05-26-15 07:32 AM
    I have not loaded a leaked OS onto my AT&T Classic. It's still on whatever version of 10.3.1 that came with it. I've been experiencing increasing double typing. First it was space, now it's "p" and "a" and sometimes "o". I do use a sleeve case with the device.
    Have you used Saches to load Snap?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 08:00 AM
    Ok, Ive had a Classic for a couple months. On latest firmware. My phone is a virgin, no snap side loaded at all. I can safely say that there is NO double typing issue on my phone. Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    Fastmarc likes this.
    05-26-15 08:50 AM
    It is hardware. I had the double typing on 10.3.1 and I upgraded to 10.3.2 and still have it.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 10:34 AM
    I think it's a hardware issue but not necessarily from the manufacturing side of things. How hard do you 'double-typers' hammer away on those keyboards? Do you glide your thumbs across the keys or do you hammer away on them like an old typewriter?
    It seems to me like it's the same people experiencing the double-typing on one device after the other which makes me think it has to do with increased wear and tear, possibly due to typing 'methods' and 'technique'.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-26-15 10:39 AM
    Have you used Saches to load Snap?

Posted via CB10
    I did load snap, but did it through the chrome plugin. I don't know what Saches is.
    Fastmarc likes this.
    05-26-15 10:43 AM
    It is hardware. I had the double typing on 10.3.1 and I upgraded to 10.3.2 and still have it.

Posted via CB10
    When you started experiencing it on 10.3.1 had you used Sashes (for any reason) or was it as received at purchase?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 10:59 AM
    When you started experiencing it on 10.3.1 had you used Sashes (for any reason) or was it as received at purchase?

Posted via CB10
    Sachesi used or not, unfortunately older BlackBerry OS devices sufferd from the "double typing" issue, sad but it's true.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 11:11 AM