My Fiancee has had her Classic for about 1 year and for the most part has worked well. But in the last month texting to her son has been a struggle. His messages are not always visible through Hub or the Text App. She has to actually go into the Contact to text him and find the previous conversation. Also when you ope the text it says Compose at the Top of page whereas the other contacts in text mode just show their name at the top. All options except send are available with everyone but when you open his text only Attach and End Chat are available. Also on the text messages screen it shows the text 3 times with the green text symbol with a pen symbol through it- which I believe means Compose. We can't tell if he has read a text unless she goes through his name under Contacts. What do we do??? Has anyone had this problem? was it some recent Rogers update??? maybe she is doing something wrong? She hates technology by the way. Thanks Nick
    12-02-16 07:53 PM
    I was hoping someone who is much smarter then me had a solution to this issue. That's too bad that no one has had this same issue. Maybe someone like Blaze has heard of this.
    12-05-16 10:09 PM
    I haven't experienced anything like this since the early versions of bb10.
    So let's start off with options that cause as little damage as possible first:

-open the Hub and view texts. Delete every conversation between her and her son. Then open the contacts, and delete his contact. Re-open the Hub and swipe diagonally 5 times from the top right corner. That will re-start the Hub, and you will know the actions have been completed properly when the screen re-freshes and shows message icons in the centre of the screen. Once you see the icons, set the phone down for a few minutes and let it load.
    After that, pick it up and return to the home screen. Restart the phone by pressing and holding the volume up and volume down keys. Hold them until the phone restarts. You will see a screenshot notification that you can ignore, and the phone will restart several seconds later.
    Let the phone sit for 10mins to let it load.
    Open contacts, and add a new contact. Add his name and number. Save the contact.
    Open his contact and compose a text to him.

Hopefully that works

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 01:26 PM
    Thank you underinederror. I have done what you have suggested and I will see if it works. Thank you once again.
    12-07-16 03:52 PM
    When I've had that issue in earlier days of BB10, closing BlackBerry Blend fixed the issue.

Posted with my  Classic
    nickelodeon008 likes this.
    12-09-16 05:24 PM
    I believe all is now fixed Undefinederror. Thanks for the great advice.
    12-09-16 09:02 PM
    Thanks, for some strange reason that did pop into my mind about Blackberry Blend.
    12-09-16 09:03 PM
    No problem. What was your fix? So that others in the future when other people search that issue, they can find a fix here in this thread.

Posted with my  Classic
    12-10-16 12:11 AM
    It was what Undefinederror wrote above. If you read his post that is exactly what i did.It seemed to have worked.
    12-10-16 05:29 PM
    It was what Undefinederror wrote above. If you read his post that is exactly what i did.It seemed to have worked.
    Glad to hear!
    If you have any other problems, let us know!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 11:33 PM
    I definitely will. Thanks again.
    12-11-16 10:23 PM