I am using a VZW Classic and I'm experiencing a texting bug fairly often (sometimes more than once per day) that requires that I reset my phone, which is starting to get annoying considering how busy I am with business. Here's the bug: If I send a text message in a poor reception area then, at first, it shows a gray transmitting symbol icon next to the text and then, after a few minutes, the icon changes to a clock icon (gray) as if it's waiting to find a good signal to send the text. BUT once it gets into that clock mode it never gets out of it regardless of whether it ever finds a good signal AND it causes every new text that I want to send to be backed up into a queue that never sends any of them. My only workaround is to reset the phone, as when I do that it puts a red X symbol next to the text and says that it couldn't transmit because the phone was reset. But I can then re-send the text if I'm in a better reception area and it will go through at that point.

I tried changing the setting in text messages for Retries to 0 but all that accomplished is that isn't of getting the gray clock icon in bad reception I continue to get the gray transmitting icon but the phone behaves the same way (after a certain amount of time it will be stuck in that mode and will prevent other texts from sending until I reset the phone).

Would anyone happen to have any suggestions for a workaround? I believe there are some setting in the Text Message app, aside from the retires, but I didn't think they would help. This bug is starting to cause problems for me because sometimes I'm on back-to-back calls for multiple hours and I don't have the time to reset the phone so I won't be able to send a text for literally hours.

One more quick note - I can continue to receive texts when this happens - I just can't reply to them because they are "blocked" by the original text that is "stuck".

Thanks in-advance for your help!!
    Jeremy
    04-15-15 02:30 AM
    I used to have this exact problem with my Passport but I don't recall what I did to fix it. It lasted for a week and I think I may have done a factory reset and it never came back for me. The problem went away for me so I don't think its signal related. Also you're the first person to report this so it could be an isolated case.

Long live Blackberry.
    04-15-15 06:49 AM
    I used to have this exact problem with my Passport but I don't recall what I did to fix it. It lasted for a week and I think I may have done a factory reset and it never came back for me. The problem went away for me so I don't think its signal related. Also you're the first person to report this so it could be an isolated case.

Long live Blackberry.
    Thanks for your thoughts. In fact, it looks like I'm not the only one having this problem: http://forums.crackberry.com/verizon...sages-1011414/

I believe there a minority of people having this problem because it requires that the user is in a specifically bad signal area of a certain type. So the pool of people who could be having this problem is pretty small to begin with...

Hopefully someone will find a workaround for it. Thanks for your help.
    04-15-15 01:06 PM
    Maybe try backing up your stuff and do a factory wipe because that might have been the thing that made my problem go away. The issue you describe is somewhat like mind where the time logo kept on going off and stayed most of the time. I was never sure if it's sent and hours later it was sent and people are complaining they never receive my messages. It might be worth a try if it's frustrating you that much.

Thanks for your thoughts. In fact, it looks like I'm not the only one having this problem: http://forums.crackberry.com/verizon...sages-1011414/

I believe there a minority of people having this problem because it requires that the user is in a specifically bad signal area of a certain type. So the pool of people who could be having this problem is pretty small to begin with...

Hopefully someone will find a workaround for it. Thanks for your help.
    04-15-15 05:29 PM