How do I get my classic to do this? Androids do it and I am about to go on a cruise and was going to use my phone like that. I tested my classic like this last night and I don't receive texts and when I send it just queues up.
    Is there a setting I am missing? I am on verizon.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 04:02 PM
    You will be able to use BBM not sure about text unless you use a texting app like what's app fb messenger but for regular text I don't think so I could be wrong though!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 04:18 PM
    Google voice can do it. But it won't be your carrier number.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 09:17 PM
    You can install the Verizon Messages app... If you have Google Play Store or a variation of it (SNAP) on your device you can download it there or you can download an apk directly from here: http://apk4blackberry.com/Verizon-Messages.html or elsewhere... This will allow you to use your number and text message successfully over Wi-Fi while in airplane mode...

I don't have Verizon so I can't say specifically say how this app will work on BlackBerry, but in theory it should work just fine loading an apk...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:10 PM
    I use the vzw app on my iPad when traveling. I get my texts via wifi. Never tried on my BlackBerry but I imagine it should work the same

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:14 PM
    It will work with Tmobile if you have the latest update. Otherwise it won't be your normal number.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:24 PM
    It will work with Tmobile if you have the latest update. Otherwise it won't be your normal number.

Posted via CB10
    T-Mo has wifi-calling, which means you can go into airplane mode, then turn on your wifi. Once connected you can not only text, you can make regular phone calls -- with your number.
    10-03-15 11:31 PM