Hello -
    In the 'compose' option of a text message, I was getting frustrated that the 'jessica' I text multiple times a week still has to be searched through the multiple that I know (and all of their contact options*), as of course her last name is last, rather than the app knowing she is the only jessica that I text. I thought the 'name this chat' function would do it, but no, that appears to do nothing to pull up the right Jessica. Any setting that I am missing?
    * That reminds me, why, in the text message 'compose' screen, does every contact option for every person show up anyway? Why would I text someone's work email? Is there a setting that says 'only pull up cell numbers in the text compose search'?
    Thanks.
    09-18-15 09:11 AM
    Have you tried doing the search on her last name instead?

I don't know why all the many compose options show up every time - probably because until you pick one, it's not clear to the OS if you're composing an email, txt, BBM message, etc.
    09-18-15 10:55 AM
    Hello -
    In the 'compose' option of a text message, I was getting frustrated that the 'jessica' I text multiple times a week still has to be searched through the multiple that I know (and all of their contact options*), as of course her last name is last, rather than the app knowing she is the only jessica that I text. I thought the 'name this chat' function would do it, but no, that appears to do nothing to pull up the right Jessica. Any setting that I am missing?
    * That reminds me, why, in the text message 'compose' screen, does every contact option for every person show up anyway? Why would I text someone's work email? Is there a setting that says 'only pull up cell numbers in the text compose search'?
    Thanks.
    If you message her a lot you should do something like assign a compose to jessica shortcut to the j key.

1. Settings
    2. Shortcuts and speed dial
    3. Choose your key
    4. Quick compose shortcut
    5. Choose form of communication and add her contact. Works on all touch also.

Long press the key from the hub, home or active frame screen to activate the shortcut.
    10-07-15 02:38 AM
    I don't know how your address book is set up, if you have Facebook, Twitter, BBM and even ATT or Outlook chances are the will all come up when you open your contact list.

Click the menu and select "Local" this will narrow your list down. If by chance you had the list selected to one of the other media a contact will not show up. Or if your list is short select "All"

Hope this helps.

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    10-07-15 03:40 AM
    BB10's search algorithm makes no sense at all and it's one thing that really frustrates me. Even more so because it worked fine back in the BB7 days so I know they know how to do it...

Like how the results have to be in alphabetical order in which they appear in your contact list when they should be ordered by relevance.

Meaning if I type "mom" I'll get Andrew's Mom, Bob's Mom, Jennifer's Mom, Kelly's Mom, and every other contact with the letters "mom" in it before the contact actually simply called "Mom" will show up. Why is the alphabetical order so much more important than the fact that "Mom" is a 100% match to what I typed, not to mention not in the end of the contact listing's name???

Typing "m" should start to show contacts whose name BEGINS with the letter "m" and as you type, the results that match THE CLOSEST should start showing. Right now if I start typing "m" Adam will show because the letter m is at the END of his name, then Amber because it's the SECOND LETTER of her name, then Amy, seriously, WHY THE HELL would I start a search with a letter from the end or the middle of someone's name???? Alphabetical to the contact list makes ZERO sense! When will BB realize this??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-07-15 08:11 AM
    I'm going to copy and paste my comment in a new thread. I've complained about it before, think it's time to bring it back up...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    10-07-15 08:15 AM
    For the quickest way is just create a shortcut on the HomeScreen like Email Jessica.

You can do this easily with Theme Builder

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/59977890

Text (and email) address shortcuts?-img_20150930_095534.jpg

Just create a email shortcut. Type the person's email address and then create the shortcut. You can do this for Text messages to.

On the HomeScreen when you want to email the person just touch the shortcut like you do with an app. The compose email screen will be displayed. you just type the subject and body and then send. No more searching.
    10-07-15 11:21 AM
    Thanks all. I'm not wild about having all these icons for the people I text the most. Not efficient desktop space management. These are all was to get around the fact that the search function doesn't work well. Bummer.
    Thanks anyway...
    10-08-15 09:29 AM
    Hello -
    Thanks.
    I often send texts to my work email for reminders to address certain work issues. I don't push my work email to my phone. So, I do like the options that come up in the text compose screen.

Posted via Classic
    10-09-15 11:40 PM