Hello Cb Fellows,

I recently got a at&t blackberry classic and I have tmobile. I used my tmobile nano sim but I can't make any calls. It doesn't have any dial sound and it keep failing calls. Data works fine but I can't make any calls. All network, network subset, network provider are unlocked and it automatically detect tmobile 4g LTE. Any idea?
    07-29-15 11:52 PM
    Anybody using unlocked att classic for tmobile?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    07-30-15 11:47 AM
    What do you have under Settings>Network and Connections>Mobile Network>Network Mode?
    07-30-15 01:24 PM
    What do you have under Settings>Network and Connections>Mobile Network>Network Mode?
    I dang I didn't bring my classic to work today. I'll get that info for you tonight. Thanks

07-30-15 02:03 PM
    I dang I didn't bring my classic to work today. I'll get that info for you tonight. Thanks
    No problem. If whatever option that's selected doesn't include 2G (like 4G LTE & 4G/3G, for example,) set it to something that includes 2G.

I have my phone on 4G LTE & 4G/3G & 2G.
    07-30-15 02:17 PM
    No problem. If whatever option that's selected doesn't include 2G (like 4G LTE & 4G/3G, for example,) set it to something that includes 2G.

I have my phone on 4G LTE & 4G/3G & 2G.
    Raino,

I have all 4g LTE &4g/3g & 2g. It automatically picks up. I had unlocked version model-4 before and I had no problem with it, but current at&t version is model-2.

UPDATE:

I switched to 2G only and now voice works lol, but nothing else works 4g/3g, 4g/3g/2g, 4g LTE & 4g/3g/2/g.

Maybe tmobile sim doesn't work with unlocked att classic?
    07-30-15 11:46 PM

UPDATE:

I switched to 2G only and now voice works lol, but nothing else works 4g/3g, 4g/3g/2g, 4g LTE & 4g/3g/2/g.

Maybe tmobile sim doesn't work with unlocked att classic?
    Weird. Sounds like your phone has hand-off issues. Voice did not work on the 4G/3G option either? That still may be explainable as you being in an area with no UMTS networks (i.e. just LTE and 2G,) but that's not very likely right now. However, you should still have been dropping to 2G in this case when you had one of the 2G options selected.

I don't recall this being a problem with any previous AT&T phones being on TMO. It's definitely possible to use AT&T phones on TMO.
    07-31-15 10:38 AM
    Weird. Sounds like your phone has hand-off issues. Voice did not work on the 4G/3G option either? That still may be explainable as you being in an area with no UMTS networks (i.e. just LTE and 2G,) but that's not very likely right now. However, you should still have been dropping to 2G in this case when you had one of the 2G options selected.

I don't recall this being a problem with any previous AT&T phones being on TMO. It's definitely possible to use AT&T phones on TMO.
    Yes, I had unlocked att z10 and I had no problem with T-Mobile before. I was able to unlock with T-Mobile SIM card though. I may try with my friends cricket sim just in case if this phone is faulty or not. I just wanted to know if anybody in crackberry had unlocked att Classic with T-Mobile service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-31-15 11:03 AM
    Yes, I had unlocked att z10 and I had no problem with T-Mobile before. I was able to unlock with T-Mobile SIM card though. I may try with my friends cricket sim just in case if this phone is faulty or not. I just wanted to know if anybody in crackberry had unlocked att Classic with T-Mobile service.
    Also, do you have the latest update installed? I wonder if this could be a radio issue.
    07-31-15 11:45 AM
    Also, do you have the latest update installed? I wonder if this could be a radio issue.
    Yes, I updated to latest and it doesn't show any new updates yet. I already factory reset just in case but no go. I don't have anyone with att phone around me so I can't test with att sim. I'll try cricket this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-31-15 11:53 AM
    Bump. anyone with att unlocked classic using tmobile?
    07-31-15 09:32 PM
    Your unlocked AT&T Z10 might have been getting UMTS 1700 service and showing "4G" on the indicator. Your Classic -2 unfortunately doesn't get that band and might only pick up 2G service in your area.

What OS and radio version are you currently using?

[CB10 / Q10]
    08-01-15 07:41 AM
    Your unlocked AT&T Z10 might have been getting UMTS 1700 service and showing "4G" on the indicator. Your Classic -2 unfortunately doesn't get that band and might only pick up 2G service in your area.
    I thought about that. Should there be a hand-off from LTE to 2G then, that doesn't seem to be happening as evidenced by calls not connecting?
    08-01-15 09:36 AM
    I thought about that. Should there be a hand-off from LTE to 2G then, that doesn't seem to be happening as evidenced by calls not connecting?
    Yeah, I'm lost on that one. I've read about a few AT&T Classic owners having radio issues but can't say I've matched that experience with my -4.

[CB10 / Q10]
    08-01-15 10:27 AM

[CB10 / Q10]
    Here is a screen shot for my att classic.

Software Release 10.3.2.556
    OS version is 10.3.2.858
    Radio Version 10.3.2.859

Last edited by krazyatom; 08-01-15 at 09:24 PM.
    08-01-15 08:57 PM

[CB10 / Q10]
    Yeah, I'm lost on that one. I've read about a few AT&T Classic owners having radio issues but can't say I've matched that experience with my -4.

[CB10 / Q10]

I had unlock -4 model before and I had no problem at all. I am surprised that I don't see any att classic users on tmobile. I wanted a wireless charging ability and att version was only my choice.
    08-01-15 08:59 PM
    This is really interesting. I have a ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.680 now. Most places I go, 4GLTE is lit up, other places I goto 4G. I'm presuming band 7 for T-Mobile isn't lit everywhere and the refarm 1900 gets me 4G

Anybody using ATT unlocked classic for Tmobile?-img_20150802_134431.png

When my -4 arrives ill check. What's funny is my Verizon Classic picked up LTE everywhere from NEPA to Savannah, GA except for Virginia. T-Mobile is not strong down the 81-77 corridor.

Typed or Swyped from the Classic or Edge
    krazyatom likes this.
    08-02-15 12:48 PM
    This shouldn't be happening though. Something is up with this sole device--either hardware or software (radio.) Hopefully the latter, as it can be fixed.

@krazyatom: would you consider installing something newer--from Sachesi perhaps, or an autoloader?
    krazyatom likes this.
    08-02-15 12:49 PM
    This is really interesting. I have a ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.680 now. Most places I go, 4GLTE is lit up, other places I goto 4G. I'm presuming band 7 for T-Mobile isn't lit everywhere and the refarm 1900 gets me 4G
    TMO doesn't have a band 7 network. You're most likely seeing band 2 LTE networks with this phone. And yeah...'4G' on 1900 MHz.

Do you have any call connection problems when making calls when you're on the LTE network, and have you noticed which network it drops down to (UMTS or 2G?)
    bunky1971 likes this.
    08-02-15 12:54 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150802_134431.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	365079

When my -4 arrives ill check. What's funny is my Verizon Classic picked up LTE everywhere from NEPA to Savannah, GA except for Virginia. T-Mobile is not strong down the 81-77 corridor.

This shouldn't be happening though. Something is up with this sole device--either hardware or software (radio.) Hopefully the latter, as it can be fixed.

@krazyatom: would you consider installing something newer--from Sachesi perhaps, or an autoloader?
    I live in Los Angeles area and I thought most of LTE bands were working fine in my area. I was going to trade my classic with someone else but I may have to first find out if this classic is not faulty. Thanks guys for response.
    08-03-15 01:31 AM
    TMO doesn't have a band 7 network. You're most likely seeing band 2 LTE networks with this phone. And yeah...'4G' on 1900 MHz.

Do you have any call connection problems when making calls when you're on the LTE network, and have you noticed which network it drops down to (UMTS or 2G?)
    Negative on call issues. *knock wood*
    It's performance has been great so far as soon as the call connects it drops to 4G then right back to LTE when ended

raino likes this.
    08-03-15 07:50 AM
    OK, so if there ever was any doubt, thanks to bunky we now know that the Classic (or more specifically, at least the SQC100-1) is capable of hand-offs. And also thanks to bunky, we know that 10.3.2.680 executes properly at least the LTE to UMTS drop downs for calls.

@modifier, is an LTE to GSM hand-off any more difficult to execute than an LTE to UMTS hand-off?

@krazyatom--if the Cricket SIM card experiment yields the same result, would you be willing to install 10.3.2.680?

Also, are you within the return window for this phone? The Classic may not be faulty in this regard, but your individual phone might be.
    bunky1971 likes this.
    08-03-15 11:43 AM
    OK, so if there ever was any doubt, thanks to bunky we now know that the Classic (or more specifically, at least the SQC100-1) is capable of hand-offs. And also thanks to bunky, we know that 10.3.2.680 executes properly at least the LTE to UMTS drop downs for calls.

@modifier, is an LTE to GSM hand-off any more difficult to execute than an LTE to UMTS hand-off?

@krazyatom--if the Cricket SIM card experiment yields the same result, would you be willing to install 10.3.2.680?

Also, are you within the return window for this phone? The Classic may not be faulty in this regard, but your individual phone might be.
    Hi raino,

I met my friend yesterday and tried his cricket Sim card and everything worked fine. I was able to make calls and send and receive mms. I can't remember if it had 4G or 4G lte though. I can't return my classic because I received this classic in recent trades.

08-03-15 11:59 AM
    Oh yes I can to update it to 10.3.2.680 when I get back home.

08-03-15 12:06 PM
    I can't remember if it had 4G or 4G lte though.
    This is critical. Because you have already established that your phone can do calls (at least on 2G) when there's no dropping down from LTE involved. If the Cricket SIM card was on '4G' network, it wouldn't have to drop down. But if it dropped from LTE to something, then there's something going on at the TMO end.
    08-03-15 12:16 PM
43 12