Hi all,
    yesterday i unboxed my Classic. Everything's fine so far but the native calendar, it's a bad joke, i'm used to PocketInformant and DateBK.
    I side loaded aCalendar, which looks really fine, but how can i sync it with my local Outlook or at least with my Google calendar? OS 10.3.1.747.
    Sitting here for 3 hours and not getting any smarter.
    Any help appreciated.

Thx and regards,
    Alex.
    12-21-14 05:49 PM
    Cool. Noone seems to care about a real powerfull calendar for BB10.
    1 year ago i tried to switch to Q10. It took 2 hours and i knew it's a no-go. 1 year passed. Two major OS updates were released.
    2 days ago i tried to switch to Classic. I must admit it took almost 6 hours, i spent over 30€ on different apps while somehow not giving up on making it acceptable. Then i saw the calendar and it sealed the deal.
    And the point is, i'm definitly one of the guys BB should convince.
    Every year i'm consulting my customers on bying about 5000 smartphones in total.
    Now i'm smarter. No business customer will buy a BB unless they reach the level of the legacy devices in simplicity, usability and performance. And it's a really long way for now. I don't care if OS10 it the future of BB or if the Classic is the best phone BB ever made like most of you claim here. It's a dead end.
    12-23-14 01:15 AM
    You sound really frustrated dude. Perhaps you should've asked if others on this forum also find the native calendar applications lacking and if so, what app are they using for local outlook synching or at least Gmail. I'm sure many would've answered that question. But your question was very specific towards a specific app. Evaluate your expectations perhaps?

Also, specify what you expect from a calendar app so that others with the same expectations can help you move forward. Isn't that what you also ask to the people who you consult about what mobile phone they should buy? I'm sure many people are willing to help, but your question was very specific towards an app that not many on here might use.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 02:43 AM
    Thx for your reply.
    My question is more general, than it sounds. It's all about if any sideloaded app can interact with the BB in terms of e.g. recognizing configured accounts like a google account.
    I'd take any calendar app like meCal, aCalendar, PocketInformant.
    And yes, i'm really frustrated, using my 9810 for 4 years now not being able to upgrade.
    12-23-14 04:39 AM
    Sideloaded apps are not affected by settings on your BlackBerry. You have to set up all account details in the configuration settings of your sideloaded app in order to let it sync.

I hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 04:55 AM
    Yes, that's what i hoped to be able to.
    I tried 4 different apps, they all need some configured accounts in the system settings, no chance to configure a Google account within the app.
    12-23-14 04:58 AM
    That's because most of those calendar apps use the calendars configured on Android devices and indeed won't work on BB10.

Try CalenGoo!

http://android.calengoo.com/

This app has the ability to configure Google accounts within the app!

Posted via CB10
    Alex Barba likes this.
    12-23-14 05:24 AM
    Agreed, I've been using CalenGoo on all my BB10 devices, and it synchs perfectly well witch Google. It's so powerful, almost overloaded with features. But once you set it up, it beats the standard calendar in many aspects.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:47 AM
    Thanks, will try.
    12-23-14 08:18 AM
    I too have been having a frustrating time with this Classic.

Calendar is very poor for fast entries and its presentation not good at all. Plus no Today info except one single event on the lock screen.

I'd love to hear some good calendar app suggestions that integrate with Hub and Yahoo. I assume CalenGoo is made for Google mainly.
    12-23-14 08:33 AM
    This would be fine for my gmail calendar but I also have a microsoft exchange account with a calendar that would need to be synced. I haven't found an app that could do this. anyone?
    01-11-15 09:31 AM