Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default "Specs doesn't matter for business users"

Yah, so for my job, I need to submit something via a web form. On the PC, it works fine, on older PC's it is a bit sluggish. Guess how it works on the Q10? It was so sluggish it couldn't keep up with my typing. And if it was simply taking time for the text to catch up, that's not a big deal. But it was actually missing letters, missing most of the spaces, and basically I had to type it out one letter at a time slowly or wait until I'm back indoors in front of a PC.

So please tell me that if my phone had a faster CPU that wouldn't fix that issue...

Edit: Oh, and let me guess, I am the only person, in the only business with a website with a web form that isn't completely optimized...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Get a passport.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by slagman5 View Post
    Yah, so for my job, I need to submit something via a web form. On the PC, it works fine, on older PC's it is a bit sluggish. Guess how it works on the Q10? It was so sluggish it couldn't keep up with my typing. And if it was simply taking time for the text to catch up, that's not a big deal. But it was actually missing letters, missing most of the spaces, and basically I had to type it out one letter at a time slowly or wait until I'm back indoors in front of a PC.

So please tell me that if my phone had a faster CPU that wouldn't fix that issue...

Edit: Oh, and let me guess, I am the only person, in the only business with a website with a web form that isn't completely optimized...

Have a Q10 Z10 and Z30... no issue like this for me. I have done plenty of desktop mode forms without issue or sluggishness. Wait... were you complaining that your new phone isn't new enough to process a really old Web page? lol

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Not optimized? Sounds like its poorly coded web page.

Posted via CB10
    rambo47, eldrover and ck23.bb like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by BCITMike View Post
    Not optimized? Sounds like its poorly coded web page.

Posted via CB10
    Works perfectly fine on the PC's and I'm sure if I was using a S4 or S5 it probably would have ran alright...

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by allisos View Post
    Have a Q10 Z10 and Z30... no issue like this for me. I have done plenty of desktop mode forms without issue or sluggishness. Wait... were you complaining that your new phone isn't new enough to process a really old Web page? lol

Posted via CB10
    Uh, I don't know or think it has anything to do with how new or old this webform was, but whether it is written in javascript, flash, or whatever, it seems to run like crap unless you have a pretty decent CPU. Sure it's most likely something they are doing wrong on their end, but basically you're going with the "I must be the only person with this problem" argument instead of coming to a solution that will work for both well and poorly coded webpages...

CrackBerry Master

Uh, I don't know or think it has anything to do with how new or old this webform was, but whether it is written in javascript, flash, or whatever, it seems to run like crap unless you have a pretty decent CPU. Sure it's most likely something they are doing wrong on their end, but basically you're going with the "I must be the only person with this problem" argument instead of coming to a solution that will work for both well and poorly coded webpages...

The solution is to fix the poorly coded website, not throw more CPU cycles at it. The page loads, and there shouldn't be anything still being processed unless a script was still running. Perhaps you are asking for a work around.

Once more for effect, if you need CPU cycles to enter a form, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
    barbas79 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

The solution is to fix the poorly coded website, not throw more CPU cycles at it. The page loads, and there shouldn't be anything still being processed unless a script was still running. Perhaps you are asking for a work around.

Once more for effect, if you need CPU cycles to enter a form, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
    Ok, so I need to hack into their website to fix it and any other poorly coded website I ever encounter? Damn man, you're right, that is a much better idea than simply having a phone that could tough out anything...

CrackBerry User

Don't worry, you're not alone. While I don't own a BB device, I do have a clone of one, and it's got specs that were mid-low end for 2012....

We can't expect that everyone creating webpages/documents wants to take the time to optimize them, what we can expect of Enterprise level mobile devices is that they can tackle any modern task.
  10. 2c
    CrackBerry Addict

slagman5 you are absolutely right, when i try to type some approval comments for sharepoint based websites it takes forever to type in blackberry browser where as on iphone its business as usual.
    Powered by BerryLicio.us ULTIMATE 7.1 Hybrid System RC21 - 9360/7.1.0.1098 [2965]
    CrackBerry Master

Ok, so I need to hack into their website to fix it and any other poorly coded website I ever encounter? Damn man, you're right, that is a much better idea than simply having a phone that could tough out anything...

Yah, so for my job, I need to submit something via a web form.
    Feel free to say it's not a website that your job/company controls instead of saying its for your job. That is kind of what is implied, or else it's irrelevant to the problem.

Different code can run for different browsers. Different versions of plugins, etc. With this kind of problem, throwing more CPU doesn't necessarily fix the problem! Make an infinite loop faster, and wtf do you think that does for you?

Anyways, without providing the website or any technical details on the type of website, I cannot help you and unsubscribing.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,642 Global Posts

The new trend is Responsive code. Even WordPress has Responsive themes now that automatically convert to mobile versions.

There are still a lot of sites that need to catch up, but my guess is that in the next year or two, 90% of websites will have Responsive mobile code. So if you are a desktop, you see one version of a site, a tablet will render a different version and a mobile will render a third version.

Not sure if this is what is causing the OP's problem, but I have no problem filling out forms on these sites.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,618 Global Posts

What's the website? I'll try it on my Z10 and my Nexus 5 and report back.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    CrackBerry Master

If the web form is almost unusable now, even doubling the clock cycles on a q10 won't do a whole lot.

If it works better on another platform, I wouldn't automatically conclude that it's because the cpu is better. The form may be better optimised for that platform's browser. This is another problem entirely.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.700
    LP_Rigg and rthonpm like this.
  15. QXS
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

My Z10 out specs my pc... :,(

Probably not the cpu.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm just curious how you know it's the CPU and not something else, like the connection speed?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

How does the website function on other platforms (iOS, Android, Chromebook)? It may need an Intel instruction set to function correctly, or it's so badly developed it needs the extra power of a desktop processor to function. I highly doubt it's multi-treaded so throwing more cores at it wouldn't help.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask

I had a registration form to fill out for a Web site, can't remember which one, and had the same problem. Type three or four letters before the showed up on the form. I just gave up. I'm sure a Q10 would have been a lot worse then my S4 since it has that slower processor. My guess is its the form and not the phone.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Feel free to say it's not a website that your job/company controls instead of saying its for your job. That is kind of what is implied, or else it's irrelevant to the problem.

Different code can run for different browsers. Different versions of plugins, etc. With this kind of problem, throwing more CPU doesn't necessarily fix the problem! Make an infinite loop faster, and wtf do you think that does for you?

Anyways, without providing the website or any technical details on the type of website, I cannot help you and unsubscribing.
    I get paid for doing my job, I don't pay the people who are at my job. In other words, I'm an employee and have no control over their website. Thanks for thinking I own the thing though, I'm flattered...

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Quote Originally Posted by 2c View Post
    slagman5 you are absolutely right, when i try to type some approval comments for sharepoint based websites it takes forever to type in blackberry browser where as on iphone its business as usual.
    Obviously the solution is to hack their website to fix it...

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Quote Originally Posted by D_March View Post
    What's the website? I'll try it on my Z10 and my Nexus 5 and report back.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Business website, so that's a no-go...

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Quote Originally Posted by waterfrontmgmt View Post
    The new trend is Responsive code. Even WordPress has Responsive themes now that automatically convert to mobile versions.

There are still a lot of sites that need to catch up, but my guess is that in the next year or two, 90% of websites will have Responsive mobile code. So if you are a desktop, you see one version of a site, a tablet will render a different version and a mobile will render a third version.

Not sure if this is what is causing the OP's problem, but I have no problem filling out forms on these sites.
    Most web forms work fine for me too. But it's one of those things, it's not a problem until you run into one where it is...

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,334 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Quote Originally Posted by yoe-yoe View Post
    I had a registration form to fill out for a Web site, can't remember which one, and had the same problem. Type three or four letters before the showed up on the form. I just gave up. I'm sure a Q10 would have been a lot worse then my S4 since it has that slower processor. My guess is its the form and not the phone.
    It's definitely the form and not the phone, but I would rather just have a phone powerful enough that it won't be an issue.

It's like if you have a car with a mediocre suspension system, and on your particular route to work, there is a road with a lot of pot holes and the asphalt is peeling and cracked. And since your car's suspension is so bad you have to drive over this road very slowly or it'll actually break the suspension. I am asking that the next year model of this car to have a suspension system good enough to handle even the roughest roads while some others are arguing that it's ok since 90% of the rest of the streets are smooth enough...

CrackBerry Master

Again, this could really be a browser issue. Throwing clock cycles at the problem in a brute force way may not get the results you're looking for.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.700
    ck23.bb likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    PIN
    28F9964A

Why not consider a third party browser and using a different user agent?

It might not be lack of cpu power rather some incompatibility in the code with the default BB10 browser
    ck23.bb likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast