I've noticed my "space bar" key makes weird noises when I press it down. Sort of a crackling noise like it is loose. It's also a lot louder than the other keys. It's not like this all the time which is more weird. It's almost like you feel if you really pressed it hard you could fix it, but you can't. Any suggestions?
    07-21-16 11:35 AM
    Maybe you have a little grain of sand or something in there? Try blowing it out? Sometimes the corner of the 'sticky' end of a post-it note will be helpful for getting bits out from between the keys.

Good luck!
    Gebo likes this.
    07-21-16 12:05 PM
    Ya mine too n a few others. Really annoying
    07-21-16 12:22 PM
    Maybe you have a little grain of sand or something in there? Try blowing it out? Sometimes the corner of the 'sticky' end of a post-it note will be helpful for getting bits out from between the keys.

Good luck!
    Bingo! You are a genius!
    I took a can of compressed air and blew all around the space key and it works like brand new. Absolutely Amazing! Thanks!
    07-21-16 02:27 PM
    Bingo! You are a genius!
    I took a can of compressed air and blew all around the space key and it works like brand new. Absolutely Amazing! Thanks!
    Only gunna be a matter of time before it finds its way back into that spot...I did the same thing with compressed air a few days later it started creaking again!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 02:43 PM
    I think you gotta open up the keyboard fully n clean it out
    07-21-16 03:07 PM
    My space key seems to have it's mood, one day it will work and one day it won't, you have to click real hard for it to work, clicking on the side doesn't get the space bar to work, only in the direct center.
    Wondering of opening the phone and putting the key in some alcohol would do the trick and restore its life back to normal?
    06-30-19 03:22 PM
    My space key seems to have it's mood, one day it will work and one day it won't, you have to click real hard for it to work, clicking on the side doesn't get the space bar to work, only in the direct center.
    Wondering of opening the phone and putting the key in some alcohol would do the trick and restore its life back to normal?
    I'd recommend against this Myi. I assume compressed air is not working for you?
    07-01-19 09:03 PM
    I'd recommend against this Myi. I assume compressed air is not working for you?
    I've yet to try compressed air, but most probably need to remove the bottom plate under the space bar button to access the space bar.
    07-04-19 10:50 AM
    I've yet to try compressed air, but most probably need to remove the bottom plate under the space bar button to access the space bar.
    Possible, but you might try compressed air without removing the plate to see if that has any impact. It will save you a lot of time and trouble if you can fix this issue without disassembling the device.
    07-05-19 07:31 PM