My stepfather runs his own catering business and as such, is always on his phone emailing and texting people. He had tried a Q10 as well as a Z10 but they weren't working out for him because of the lack of navigation keys. He ended up going back to a Bold 9900 but eventually it died and TELUS sold him on a Nexus 5. Showed him my Classic last night and he was instantly sold on it. It was kind of funny, he used it for 10 mins and was flying around it just like he would on his Bold 9900. Ordered himself a Classic today via the TELUS site. Totally a prime example of a win-back customer for BlackBerry.
    12-21-14 04:25 PM
    Fantastic.... Just a matter of time before I'm back as well.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-21-14 04:30 PM
    As a business phone, it's fantastic. I'm considering it even for my personal phone but am wondering if it will be able to overtake my Z30. I too hate the phablet thing, and even find the Z30 too big.

Posted via CB10
    yuvaraki likes this.
    12-21-14 04:40 PM
    I absolutely love this thing. I love the Passport when I bought it, but the classic is just perfect.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:04 PM
    Yah, mine just arrived today... yes, on a Sunday. Was ordered from Amazon. It looks really nice. I'm waiting for the holster to arrive though since I cannot use it without it. I already have all of my pockets accounted for and I do not like to need to fish in my pockets for my phone, I need a holster... So once that comes in, I'll be in an AT&T store to get the nano sim and to get it all ready for LTE and everything. :-)
    12-21-14 11:20 PM
    Yah, mine just arrived today... yes, on a Sunday. Was ordered from Amazon. It looks really nice. I'm waiting for the holster to arrive though since I cannot use it without it. I already have all of my pockets accounted for and I do not like to need to fish in my pockets for my phone, I need a holster... So once that comes in, I'll be in an AT&T store to get the nano sim and to get it all ready for LTE and everything. :-)
    Excited to read your review of the device.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:31 PM
    My stepfather runs his own catering business and as such, is always on his phone emailing and texting people. He had tried a Q10 as well as a Z10 but they weren't working out for him because of the lack of navigation keys. He ended up going back to a Bold 9900 but eventually it died and TELUS sold him on a Nexus 5. Showed him my Classic last night and he was instantly sold on it. It was kind of funny, he used it for 10 mins and was flying around it just like he would on his Bold 9900. Ordered himself a Classic today via the TELUS site. Totally a prime example of a win-back customer for BlackBerry.
    Bla1ze, I wish that Blackberry had a fraction of the passion and enthusiasm of us who who buy their products.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:24 AM
    cool nice to see
    12-22-14 12:42 AM
    I'd take the Classic over the Nexus 5 any day. I love stock android (Moto X '13 and '14), but I can't wait to see this Classic in person.
    12-22-14 01:01 AM
    For some reason I read : "Sold my stepfather for a classic "

I guess I'm still waking up

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-22-14 05:02 AM
    That's good to hear. I thought you would have the kind of connections that could get your family free BlackBerry's lol

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 05:28 AM
    I won't sell my grandfather to anything.

Posted via CB10
    kitmo likes this.
    12-22-14 05:40 AM
    One of my clients is always complaining about his iPhone is a POS when it comes to using his email and how he misses his old BlackBerry because it just worked. Going to suggest that he buy a Classic when I see him today.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    kitmo, Korepab and nhanken like this.
    12-22-14 06:00 AM
    I was actually thinking the same thing that's why I was curious and entered this thread haha.

I swear Bla1ze must have fixed the thread title

For some reason I read : "Sold my stepfather for a classic "

I guess I'm still waking up

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    AbAll87 likes this.
    12-22-14 06:43 AM
    One of my clients is always complaining about his iPhone is a POS when it comes to using his email and how he misses his old BlackBerry because it just worked. Going to suggest that he buy a Classic when I see him today.

Except BB10 has the same email as the iPhone, what he misses is BiS email.
    12-22-14 01:13 PM
    No it doesn't, it takes me 15 minutes to get an email using IOS and their crappy push email. I almost get it instantly on my BlackBerry z30 and passport which are set up for 5 minute sync. I notice a HUGE difference in delivery time. Allot of my clients complain about the same email issues using the iPhone versus a BlackBerry OS10 device.

Frehley likes this.
    12-22-14 01:22 PM
    No it doesn't, it takes me 15 minutes to get an email using IOS and their crappy push email. I almost get it instantly on my BlackBerry z30 and passport which are set up for 5 minute sync. I notice a HUGE difference in delivery time. Allot of my clients complain about the same email issues using the iPhone versus a BlackBerry OS10 device.

What you're describing is pull email, with BIS you would actually have PUSH email on those accounts.
    Frehley likes this.
    12-22-14 01:38 PM
    I have never used an iPhone, but both my Q10 and Passport receive mails as fast, in some cases even faster than my 9900 on BIS did. I am using one outlook.com account as well as two self-hosted accounts provided by my hoster, all are set to "Push" with sync interval disabbled / set to manual. As of now, I don't really miss BIS, not only saves me five bucks per month, but mail delivery almost seems better. Only downside is the noticebly higher data traffic, my volume gets eaten *much* faster.
    12-22-14 02:03 PM

Sorry but I have an iPhone and the Z30
    Both exchange mails come a little bit (2-3) seconds faster on the iPhone
    I love blackberry but iPhone in my opinion has a perfect known default mail app

From My Sexy Z30...
    12-22-14 04:42 PM
    I love blackberry but iPhone in my opinion has a perfect known default mail app

From My Sexy Z30...
    Unless your iphone gets emails before they are sent, I don't even see how that's possible. When I send an email to my Q10 it literally comes in instantly, like in a second, well, except for yahoo, since that email sucks and takes forever for anything, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-22-14 07:57 PM
    Some time ago I got an iPhone for my wife, while I stuck with my BB Torch slider (os7).

Now I've been able to upgrade to a Classic, which I LOVE. Wife takes a look at it and says, "oh, that looks nice". Maybe I'll get her back into the fold when the slider comes out ...
    06-10-15 03:41 PM
    Good for him Bla 1 ze now if you could sell bout 2 mil. more Chenny would be Happy .
    06-10-15 05:08 PM
    I am as addicted to my Classic as I was to my Bold 9900. And I own the Z10 as well as the Q10. When I got my Classic, and I opened the box for the first time, I had the biggest smile on my face.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 07:03 PM
    Push email is actually ridiculously complicated, for no other reason than vendor bias.

You've got four real push standards:

1. ActiveSync
    2. IMAP IDLE
    3. ApplePush
    4. Google Gmail Push

If you have an ActiveSync enabled email account then you can get push email on all of BlackBerry, Windows Phone, iOS and Android. Anything MS Exchange should work, outlook.com accounts will probably work, and BES customers may get this because it supports ActiveSync Passthrough (which presumes an Exchange server in the back).

If your email account supports Apple Push (OS X Server, and icloud accounts), then you will get push email on iOS, and that's it.

If your email account supports Google Push (gmail.com), then you'll get push email on iOS with the Google Gmail App (but not with the iOS Mail.app), and on Android with the usual Google Apps.

If your email account supports IMAP IDLE (pretty much everything under the sun, except icloud and gmail) then you'll get push email on BlackBerry. This is actually one of the reasons I switched from iOS to the Passport, because I'd finally get IMAP IDLE on mobile, and that's a big deal for me.

So getting push email on your mobile is non-trivial. It depends on your mail client and your server both supporting the same push protocol. Business types will probably be getting it via ActiveSync because they're running MS Exchange on the back end, and home / consumer users will probably be polling unless they are in one of the Apple or Google ecosystems.

Honestly though, IDLE is a standard, and could be implemented in the default clients on iOS and Android. I guess that by limiting push email to their own mail systems (icloud and gmail) they probably think they are getting some kind of user lock-in, but I honestly don't know why they don't do it. I am incredibly happy that BlackBerry supports IDLE - it's freakin' awesome.
    06-10-15 09:11 PM
    I'm another example. Good to be back. Just got my classic on Wed. Battery life is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 03:02 AM