Hi,

My Blackberry Classic does not want to install the Skype APK. I have tried various versions of the APK, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0,etc and none of them work. After I download the app and press install, it pops up with the usual permissions which I press accept, then as soon as it is almost done it just reverts to the previous download page. No error message and the app has not installed. All other APKs install perfectly fine, I also tried using the amazon appstore, and no luck. Same problem. Has anyone has this and got around it?
    05-10-17 03:28 AM
    05-11-17 03:52 AM
    Thanks for the idea, but still no luck. It seems to be physically unable to install any version of skype, while giving no error message.
    05-11-17 10:19 PM
    Thanks for the idea, but still no luck. It seems to be physically unable to install any version of skype, while giving no error message.
    Did you delete the current version you have installed first? When I tried to install the older APK it told me the version I have is more current and it would not install. Perhaps you aren't getting that message for some reason.
    05-12-17 02:49 AM
    Did you delete the current version you have installed first? When I tried to install the older APK it told me the version I have is more current and it would not install. Perhaps you aren't getting that message for some reason.
    Never installed Skype on it before, had the phone since december 2014 so I went into the files and searched in case I forgot that I previously installed it and nothing. No idea why it won't install when all other apks install fine.
    05-12-17 04:08 AM
    What country are you in? What OS version is on the Classic? Also possible your mobile carrier is blocking it. Did you buy it unlocked or locked to a carrier. You could try removing the sim then installing the apk file.
    05-12-17 04:22 AM
    What country are you in? What OS version is on the Classic? Also possible your mobile carrier is blocking it. Did you buy it unlocked or locked to a carrier. You could try removing the sim then installing the apk file.
    Canada on the Telus network, bought from them so locked. Software is 10.3.3.1463. I know someone who got the Classic also through the telus network, and they installed skype no problem.

I just tried it with the sim removed and it still won't install.
    05-12-17 04:36 AM
    Is it a company phone? I know some company's like Boeing block skype for security reasons.
    05-12-17 05:00 AM
    Is it a company phone? I know some company's like Boeing block skype for security reasons.
    Nope, not a company phone... This is such a strange issue. I understand it not working when installed like some android apps, but this is weird. All version won't install.
    05-12-17 09:45 AM
    It is very strange. You could try loading the latest OS (10.3.3.2205 I believe). Read this thread before you decide to do that:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1098162/

How long have you had the phone and what is the time limit on Telus before they unlock it? An unlocked phone might help.
    05-12-17 10:57 AM
    It is very strange. You could try loading the latest OS (10.3.3.2205 I believe). Read this thread before you decide to do that:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1098162/

How long have you had the phone and what is the time limit on Telus before they unlock it? An unlocked phone might help.
    I have had it since December 2014. Phone is paid off, not sure if Telus unlocks it.
    05-14-17 12:56 AM
    I can only speak from my experience with AT&T. After you payoff a phone, they will unlock it upon request.

You should look into getting yours unlocked. Small chance it will solve your skype problem, but handy to have an unlocked phone regardless.
    05-14-17 11:33 PM
    I had an issue with installing Strava on my BB10. So I figured I'd wipe the phone and give myself a fresh install. Good job I didn't Blackberry (Skype) for whatever reason won't allow support ( and have removed the original version of Skype) AFAIK. I've been talking with BB Techsupport and that's their story. So if you've an old version of software working or even giving you issues don't format the phone or you'll have been abandoned by the"Blackberry /Skype" Nexus..
    05-18-17 12:20 PM
    Hi,

My Blackberry Classic does not want to install the Skype APK. I have tried various versions of the APK, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0,etc and none of them work. After I download the app and press install, it pops up with the usual permissions which I press accept, then as soon as it is almost done it just reverts to the previous download page. No error message and the app has not installed. All other APKs install perfectly fine, I also tried using the amazon appstore, and no luck. Same problem. Has anyone has this and got around it?
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/26382880

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 12:43 PM
    This is a big deal for folks who need to reformat their BB OS10 phones. AFAIK we users have been completely abandoned by BB as we can't get any version of SKYPE to natively install on our phones. I think we should kick up a stink about it..
    05-19-17 03:37 PM