Easy....tap on magnifying glass then 2 fingers swift upto bring the k-board up then start writing.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 09:51 AM
    That's not the issue I have with it. The long list of recent searches is what I miss about it.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, that's a good point. You only get two recent searches then you have to press more. But it seems to be a much longer list. I assume that's to allow you to reach the bottom for instant actions?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 10:48 AM
    Why do you think people are still using 9900/9930s?
    Posted via CB10
    The 9900 was an amazingly well designed package. I'd not want it to be my only device now, but if my carrier supported it, I would carry it with me at all times and it would be the device of choice in many situations.
    12-04-14 01:02 AM
    If you have issues just go back to the official 10.2.1. The 10.3.1 is a leaked beta OS. Of course it is going to have issues.

BlackBerry has no obligation to give you the leaked OS in the first place, let alone a fully functional one.

I tried the search function on a Passport and it is just as good as on my Q10 with 10.2.1.

I do not understand people who choose to install leaked OS on their phone and then start complaining about all the imperfections. It is a beta leaked OS that is unfinished. What exactly did you expect?

This is why I do not bother with installing leaks. And only mature people should install leaks, so that threads like this do not pop up.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by skstrials; 12-04-14 at 08:46 AM.
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-04-14 07:58 AM
    ^ true. It seems a lot of people take irrelevant things like mobile OS' and phone wayyyy too seriously.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    12-04-14 08:41 AM
    I've told BlackBerry that's what they should of done.
    Perhaps you should have told them what they should have done, perhaps you should not have told them what they should have done.
    12-07-14 10:28 AM

I do not understand people who choose to install leaked OS on their phone and then start complaining about all the imperfections. It is a beta leaked OS that is unfinished. What exactly did you expect?

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    You are confused about bugs vs design decisions, people here are not complaining about bugs, they are natural in beta versions.
    If some one will blame BlackBerry that he lost data after installing leak, he will got no sympathy here.

People are complaining about design decisions.

And my particular reasons are as follows:
    This late in the development cycle it is probably as close to final, design-wise, as it gets.
    The feature usability(for me) is decreased by new design.
    So I rather complain now, and maybe someone find my compliant valid and in next 10.3.2 iteration it will be fixed.

Per your logic, we should wait until final version, then we have "right to complain", but then we will not get corrective action until 10.4

Side note: The 10.3.1 two points I am very critical of are Flash removal and Universal Search changes. From the other side, Remember is so much improved and I love new one.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 11:14 AM
    Other than the speed, which I won't complain about because I'm running a leak, what has changed with universal search and what is so bad? From my homescreen, I can't start typing anything and it searched universally across my device. I can also just type an app name or an instant action. Isn't that just an enhanced universal search? I don't understand what has changed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    12-07-14 09:50 PM
    Chen has demonstrated a step toward the right direction with latest OS. I'm willing to render trust that he'll continue restoring long lost functionality. I, for one, simply don't view the Classic as intended for direct replacement of the 9900. That said, choosing the SINGLE biggest complaint, as a current 9900 user myself, is most certainly the fixed battery configuration, IMO. Since you asked.
    Still excited to FINALLY get a modern toolbelt device!
    12-08-14 01:18 PM
    Universal search is absolutely ruined in 10.3.1.sure, you can turn off BlackBerry assistent and get something close to what we had in 10.2 but it isn't as good.

If they don't get this fixed soon, there will be a ton of complaints.

Posted via CB10
    I am totally surprised by this comment!? The way universal search operates now is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 01:14 PM
    I am totally surprised by this comment!? The way universal search operates now is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    At first it took a few seconds of spinning before anything would come up. It has actually gotten better but now, I can hit the search on the home screen and then have to "tap here to search" which is a step backwards itself. But then I have to tap five times before it recognizes it and brings the keyboard up.

Oddly, it works so much better on my wife's q10 so who knows. Perhaps she has a different leak than I do.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 11:27 AM
    I repeat!

Swipe
    Tap
    Flick

*it will take a bit to get use to the three prime functions of os10!
    There is a learning curve but trust me once you nail it, you'll navigate quite fast.
    Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 11:09 AM
    Hi, I am pleased to report, that after turning off voice assistance as per dale-c advice, response is fast now. So for myself this moved from "major downer" to "minor annoyance" category as I still have to tap twice and I am missing - a little - long history.
    For the Classic users, who can type instantly, it would probably even smaller issue, once they disable voice assistant.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 04:04 AM
88 ... 234